Thinking of selling my Soundwave :/

Related:
Create New Tag

3/24/2018 8:58 PM

So over the winter I bought an 18 Soundwave from a local shop. My first bmx after 25ish years. I decided not to learn on it and picked up a nice 16 Dugan Signature. Im 49 and the Dugan is plenty bike for me. So I have BA bike I really don’t need (wanted it though lol) and I could put the loot to good use elsewhere.

So what’s a good price to ask for the Soundwave? Besides 1 trip around the block, it is 100% brand new. Photo

|

3/24/2018 10:49 PM

American pricing is different , up here I’d probably ask 750$ for it ( most custom completes sell for about 600 here depending ) so 750$ for a newish bike in good condition is pretty fair for both sides . If you paid 1000 US , maybe 600 ish is fair ? Resell on BMX bikes really isn’t that high sadly . Even if it’s barely ridden , people will usually lowball you for what they see other “custom” bikes listed , even if they’re way more jank

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

3/25/2018 12:22 AM

$600 is cheap. If I lived near curt I would pay that definitely. But pricing is definetly a regional thing.

I think Brayden is pretty close with his $750.

The bad news is that second hand BMXs depreciate fast. The good news is that particular bike probably holds its value better than others.

Shame I just bought a Sunday and don't live in America. Would have been very interested.

|

3/25/2018 6:03 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/25/2018 7:40 AM

Yeah... I don't know. I mean, I get what everyone is saying. Problem is there are other people who built a custom, then let it sit for a few years. Then just want to recoup some of there money. When they don't get the offers they hope, they just let it go to some low baller that is higher than some others. It's tough. But, that Sunday does hold its value better than others. I'd think you might have an easier time selling if you piece it out. What did you pay for it? What parts are on it?

|

3/25/2018 10:04 AM

It's an amazing machine.

|

3/25/2018 10:24 AM

jbales wrote:

It's an amazing machine.

Is this a Fast & Furious reference?

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

3/25/2018 10:30 AM

jbales wrote:

It's an amazing machine.

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

Indeed...

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

3/25/2018 10:34 AM

$500-$600. I wouldn't expect much more than that, unless you want to part it out.

|

3/25/2018 10:58 AM

jbales wrote:

It's an amazing machine.

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

Indeed...

Indeed, indeed.

|

3/25/2018 11:02 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

Indeed...

jbales wrote:

Indeed, indeed.

Indeed, indeed, indeedum? whistling

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

3/25/2018 11:44 AM

p1p1092 wrote:

Indeed...

jbales wrote:

Indeed, indeed.

p1p1092 wrote:

Indeed, indeed, indeedum? whistling

Exactly.

|

3/25/2018 1:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/25/2018 1:27 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Yeah... I don't know. I mean, I get what everyone is saying. Problem is there are other people who built a custom, then let it ...more

Here are the specs
http://www.sundaybikes.com/bikes/2018-completes/special/2018-soundwave-special-gary-young-signature/

The only difference is I have cassette and they were only available with black hubs. The shop swapped the wheel set out for me.

I may end up parting it out, but I’ll wait a bit.

|

3/25/2018 1:47 PM

Parting it out would get you the most money.

|

Legit

Oscar5788,Scramhype,SuperstarDK,Howlerfbm,AlexDanielP,KilledGlamour,notorious NIG,KYMIKE

3/25/2018 2:46 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/25/2018 8:07 PM

Yeah... I'd agree. Probably get more parting it out. Great bike, tho. Makes me want to buy it. Even though I need another bike like a hole in the head. Hope you get what you want out of it.

|

3/25/2018 7:31 PM

Hatebreeder wrote:

Parting it out would get you the most money.

Agreed.

I'm sure various people with base model completes, would want these parts as upgrades.

If you grouped various sections of this bike together you could make 95-98% of the cost back, but you'd have to spend some of that on shipping (unless there's a demand for it locally).

|

3/25/2018 10:00 PM

I agree with Brayden 750 is pretty fair honestly tho I wouldn't go any lower then 600 possible even 500 if the buyer was a friend (if it were me), the aftermarket for full bikes tho is usually low balled because unless it's a sexy and clean custom not everyone really wants to pay 500 or more for a used product when they can get one fresh out of the store for the same price, your Sunday is clean and looks hardly riden but the fact your not a bike store just reduces the price lol. I say maybe try to sell it locally in parts, as a whole or even (im assuming your in the states) post it on Craigslist the same way. Parting out is definitely your best bet tho good luck

|

Ride your bike.

Eat your vegetables.

Stay off Twitter.

- TheDarkEnergist

The Whip

3/27/2018 1:01 AM

Damn that’s like the dream complete right there!

|