"This company sucks!"

Related:
Create New Tag

10/18/2014 1:22 PM

Lately I've noticed that almost everyone has a particular company that they hate because it quote on quote sucks. Really? Just because you broke it, doesn't mean that it sucks. I've heard that some people really dislike cinema; why? Because you don't like their logo? The pros on cinema don't seem to have a problem with their parts. Does anybody else feel like hating bike companies is a bandwagon that people hop on so that they sound like they're good enough to break parts?

|

10/18/2014 1:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/18/2014 1:36 PM

It's nothing new dude lol. there's always going to be some idiot that bitches about broken shit then curses the entire brand for it. They don't realize that the pros that ride their own parts are the best ones at destroying them. Stuff will break. It's a fact of life and more need to realize it.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

10/18/2014 1:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/18/2014 1:31 PM

No, I broke my friend's cousin's retarded uncle's dog's doggyfriend's owner's son's friend's 6 year old Eastern Traildigger frame jumping off a parking garage roof to flat! Clearly Eastern is a huge piece of shit and everything they make is the worst thing ever.


-Retarded kids on this forum.





I'm a firm believer that Shadow sucks though. I've broken several of their parts, had shit luck with warrantying parts not even 5 months old, and that's why to me they suck. I'm well aware they make good parts, but to me, part quality is only half of the deal. If a company doesn't stand by their shit or is rude when dealing with them, that plays a part too. That's my opinion though, some people love & worship Shadow, I don't.


Certain parts however do suck, but I don't really believe there's an absolute worst company though







Also, 9000th post!

|

10/18/2014 2:08 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

No, I broke my friend's cousin's retarded uncle's dog's doggyfriend's owner's son's friend's 6 year old Eastern Traildigger ...more

Your post count ..... IT'S OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though :

I think shadow have changed from a company that just added a crow logo to everything to a company that makes quality parts.

|

10/18/2014 2:14 PM

kaneBMX wrote:

Your post count ..... IT'S OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though :

I think shadow have changed from a company that just ...more

Me right now

Photo

|

10/18/2014 2:33 PM

The funny part is that they're all made in the same factory

|

It’s all bmx

10/18/2014 3:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/18/2014 3:48 PM

adamnmexican wrote:

The funny part is that they're all made in the same factory

Except some companies choose to have parts designed by a blind kindergartener. lol. But really I dont "hate" any companies. I just dislike certain experiences. Some with customer service and others with parts themselves

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

10/18/2014 3:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/18/2014 3:48 PM

Stolen and shadow are what I avoid except the team cranks.
Its more of what I've seen break. No one even really rides stolen here but I've seen more of them break than anything so I avoid All but team cranks. I don't hate the company and I don't bring it up often.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

10/18/2014 4:09 PM

Cinema sucks as a company because they all of their parts are 100% unoriginal, and they only sponsor riders who are very well known and ride contests so little kids will pick their generic parts over the other company that makes the same thing that's $20 cheaper because CK doesn't ride it. That's why I dislike Cinema, if you were refering to me. Also have heard their warranty/customer service is shit but no first hand experience.

|

Insta: @thenoahrolf
Refs: Hatebreeder, vinum
Bike Check

Wrong! Russia doesn't even have gays! America is 80% homosexual! - mantaymark

the word n****r actually means ignorant in its original definition it wasn't until the internet became popular and it was changed to mean black people - OneGuyIlluminatiEye

10/18/2014 5:47 PM

The reason I think companies get bad reputations is because of their low end completes.

|

10/19/2014 12:37 AM

I don't like Sunday but buying a Premium...

I talked shit on both

Sue me

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

10/19/2014 2:24 AM

Just never buy a kmc "kool chain", I've broke that shit 8 times in two months !
Since that bad experience i ride a cult chain who've never broken in 2 or maybe 3 years.

I think every companys make good things, then everybody will love a few companies more than the other ones.

But something stupid is to say : "wethepeople is shit" only because you broke the frame of your first price complete bike.

|

10/19/2014 4:47 AM

notorious NIG wrote:

Cinema sucks as a company because they all of their parts are 100% unoriginal, and they only sponsor riders who are very well ...more

Fixed*

Cult sucks as a company because they all of their parts are 100% unoriginal, and they only sponsor riders who are very well known and ride contests so little kids will pick their generic parts over the other company that makes the same thing that's $20 cheaper because dak doesn't ride it. That's why I dislike Cilt, if you were refering to me. Also have heard their warranty/customer service is shit but no first hand experience.

|

Testimony and apologies





I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.






instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

10/19/2014 6:59 AM

Francky wrote:

Just never buy a kmc "kool chain", I've broke that shit 8 times in two months !
Since that bad experience i ride a cult chain ...more

Mine lasted like 2 years...haha

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/19/2014 7:03 AM

I personally think that most people who complain just may have had either some real bad luck, or it wasnt installed properly. Some people LOVE the Primo Anyelator or whatever its called but others literally crack and destroy it. Its really just about how hard you ride and what the parts are designed to take. If you buy "the lightest frame in BMX" but you are just feeling like giving it hell, you may break the frame really easily. It isn't the companies fault. Especially with a COMPLETE bike. Those frames arent supposed to last THAT long unless the bike is 750$ and up. Its meant to be replaced after you surpass the skill level the frame was designed for.

I had a Subrosa Salvador Dirt 2011 in 2012 and it had been through a lot of riders. Once i learned a few things on it and got comfortable, i cracked it, Had it welded, and gave it to my brother. Then gave it to my bigger friend who snapped it too. It isnt the companies fault there.

Now say, if you get a pair of profiles, but you snap them on the weld, YES thats their fault. I have my biases towards companies, like Premium, mainly because i frown upon what they have become. Originally, they were supposed to be LIGHTWEIGHT Haros. Slimmed down and all that. The Guttershark was their best frame because it IS what that company is supposed to be about. Lightweight stuff. Now it obviously wasnt a company based on strength like Bone Deth. But now, their frames weigh the same as any other company and they charge a lot for it. As much as you may think im some sort of weight weenie for saying that, BMX needs that lightweight junk. Not everyone needs a beefy frame. Plus, it raises the bar for how light a frame should be and will force companies to push the limits and make their frames light and strong.

Premium is just another lame company sponsoring good riders. They just dont even try to innovate and are basically shit.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

10/19/2014 10:09 AM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

Fixed*

Cult sucks as a company because they all of their parts are 100% unoriginal, and they only sponsor riders who are very ...more

I agree that you could just copy and paste this for alot of companies out there but Cult has some stuff they've brought to the table (ie. freecoaster w/ needle bearing, gum tire craze, etc.) but they do have a TON of recycled products, but not as bad as Cinema I would say. I get your point though

|

Insta: @thenoahrolf
Refs: Hatebreeder, vinum
Bike Check

Wrong! Russia doesn't even have gays! America is 80% homosexual! - mantaymark

the word n****r actually means ignorant in its original definition it wasn't until the internet became popular and it was changed to mean black people - OneGuyIlluminatiEye

10/19/2014 10:24 AM

notorious NIG wrote:

Cinema sucks as a company because they all of their parts are 100% unoriginal, and they only sponsor riders who are very well ...more

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

Fixed*

Cult sucks as a company because they all of their parts are 100% unoriginal, and they only sponsor riders who are very ...more

notorious NIG wrote:

I agree that you could just copy and paste this for alot of companies out there but Cult has some stuff they've brought to the ...more

The driver on the coaster is getting shredded up by just about everyone that I know, and a lot of other people. At least they are warantying them well

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

10/19/2014 4:44 PM

Francky wrote:

Just never buy a kmc "kool chain", I've broke that shit 8 times in two months !
Since that bad experience i ride a cult chain ...more

dave lawrence wrote:

Mine lasted like 2 years...haha

Same for me.

I'm starting to wonder if people with bad chain alignment who have beat drivetrains and don't lube their chains do better on halflinks than they would on full links, and people who have everything proper can run anything good and get a good life out of it.
I'm one of the very few who maintain everything correctly and keep it aligned whom also runs full links without a snapped chain in 2.5 years.

I can think of about 5 swag fag dumb fucks who don't actually know anything about bikes that broke full links left and right then moved onto shadow/mechanik/dk/cult halflinks and just have squeaky ass chains and occasional links falling off/apart and then my one friend who broke fulls every time he rode and his half has lasted 6 months or so.

Then the 1 other person i know who has a legit maintained full link has never snapped a chain in 2 years.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

10/19/2014 5:18 PM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

Fixed*

Cult sucks as a company because they all of their parts are 100% unoriginal, and they only sponsor riders who are very ...more

notorious NIG wrote:

I agree that you could just copy and paste this for alot of companies out there but Cult has some stuff they've brought to the ...more

bmxsteve99 wrote:

The driver on the coaster is getting shredded up by just about everyone that I know, and a lot of other people. At least they ...more

Hey I said it was new not that it worked haha. Their customer service is also good from what I hear

|

Insta: @thenoahrolf
Refs: Hatebreeder, vinum
Bike Check

Wrong! Russia doesn't even have gays! America is 80% homosexual! - mantaymark

the word n****r actually means ignorant in its original definition it wasn't until the internet became popular and it was changed to mean black people - OneGuyIlluminatiEye

10/19/2014 5:27 PM

notorious NIG wrote:

Hey I said it was new not that it worked haha. Their customer service is also good from what I hear

Customer service is good, my friend broke his Cult chain & they sent him a bunch of spare links and stickers, no charge.

Their designer Neal Wood is a good guy from what I see too. I love following him on instagram cause he posts all the designs up and even sometimes schematics. Cult might have made a few generic parts at the start, but not so much anymore. Like notorious nig said, they brought the needle bearing to the freecoaster. Whether it worked great or not is besides the point, point is, they were trying to innovate.

|

10/19/2014 6:07 PM

Francky wrote:

Just never buy a kmc "kool chain", I've broke that shit 8 times in two months !
Since that bad experience i ride a cult chain ...more

dave lawrence wrote:

Mine lasted like 2 years...haha

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

Same for me.

I'm starting to wonder if people with bad chain alignment who have beat drivetrains and don't lube their chains ...more

Honnestly I take care of my chain, i grease it, align it and never overtighten it.
But my kmc cool chain was really... not strong, it was an halflink one.
All I can say is my current cult chain (halflink) is waaaaay thicker, and I've never broken it.

|

10/19/2014 6:22 PM

Francky wrote:

Honnestly I take care of my chain, i grease it, align it and never overtighten it.
But my kmc cool chain was really... not ...more

Greasing a chain is horrible for it. You should only use fine lubes.


And there's your problem, the Kool full chain & half link chain are not the same thing. Half links are weaker for one (unless you tend to hit your chain when grinding, they take that load better.).

The regular Kool/710 chain is really good.

|

10/19/2014 6:42 PM

"Alienation is shit. My spokes on my Kink Whip came loose and i kept riding them and my Alienation PBRs came out of true and none of my friends know how to true so Alienation sucks."

|




Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx


10/19/2014 6:47 PM

My mission pc pedals wore down on pedal grinds and they wouldn't warranty them. Mission is shit and they are owned by kink so kink sucks too. lmao. I love the stupid things that we(rtegular users of vital) get to see

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

10/19/2014 6:56 PM

I know a kid who has Primo Balance rims and never once trued them so they have a good wobble to them, and therefore Primo sucks according to him.

Then again this is the same kid who has the Eastern Venus hubs front & back, refused to use the 14mm male axle for it, then constantly had issues with the female center axle & bolts breaking, therefore Eastern is complete shit.




I hate kids like that.

|

10/19/2014 7:12 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I know a kid who has Primo Balance rims and never once trued them so they have a good wobble to them, and therefore Primo ...more

Reminds me of my friend. Ordered a male Profile Mini, called Danscomp because it wasn't female, so they sent him the female axle for free, now he runs 3/8" bolts with 14mm pegs and dropouts and doesn't have a single adapter in there. He spends 80% of the time hes at the park fixing his bike since his wheel constantly shifts. But its worth running female, right?

|




Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx


10/19/2014 7:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/19/2014 7:18 PM

Life is too short to hate.

|

Refs: mtorres14, BMXer10, Iridefly, veggie is hot, spikez 5, pythagoras, Blake El Gingero, pcoco, eclat. I have way too many refs to list.
wolfiecatfu@yahoo.com

10/19/2014 7:27 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Reminds me of my friend. Ordered a male Profile Mini, called Danscomp because it wasn't female, so they sent him the female ...more

I don't understand some people's logic haha. If there's a gap in the dropouts around the axle bolt, you would think common sense would tell him there needs to be something in there.

|

10/19/2014 10:02 PM

It is worth running female, if you run it correctly, but your dumfuck of a friend shouldnt be allowed near a puddle in case he drowns. Never mind a bike with bolts and thingumys.

|

10/19/2014 10:26 PM

I just remembered a really funny story for you guys. wasn't funny at the moment because I was legit dumbfounded because this kid was serious. Semi-related to the thread.


So, this kid who used to ride in my town ordered the Animal Javelin cassette hub from the bike shop I work at. He bought the spokes & rim from us too, so he got a free wheel build as well. So, fast forward a few weeks later, he's been riding 2 pegs on this hub for weeks, without guards. Grinding the shit out of the hub shell, and smashing his driver because he was just learning to grind switch with this hub too.

So, his hub starts making weird noises and he opens it up and I guess he found a broken pawl or something I think he said? I forget, it was so long ago but I remember it had to do with the driver getting fucked up and a pawl breaking or something. Idk, anyway.. Rather than realize his own stupidity of riding without guards and beating the literal fuck out of this thing, he doesn't blame himself.. He doesn't blame the company either, no, this dumb fuck blamed US, as in the bike shop who built the wheel up for him. He started going around saying our shop sucks and shit, and that we do shitty jobs.

At first I thought he was just fucking with me, but he was completely serious.

*scumbag steve meme*

-Fucks up new cassette hub
-Blames shop he ordered it from

|