This ever happen to anyone else!?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/14/2014 10:50 AM

So last night I'm hanging out in my small studio apartment with my lady relaxing...watching a movie and smoking hookah. Chilling out to the max. Out of nowhere BOOM!!! crazy loud in my kitchen knocking my bike and a bunch of other stuff over. I start panicking thinking a bullet in my drawer randomly went off and my ear was immediately ringing. I reluctantly get up to figure out what the hell happened and this is what I found:
Photo

I had filled my tires earlier and rode home with no problems. Thinking maybe my apartment is so much hotter than outside the air expanded. Is my tire even usable still? Apparently the gauge on my pump is inaccurate for sure! Took about an hour for my heart to stop racing and my ear is still messed up!

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

5/14/2014 11:02 AM

That'll wake a guy up

|

5/14/2014 11:07 AM

damn....is ur wheel still true? haha

|

WWWAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPP

::BUMP::

5/14/2014 11:13 AM

Didn't even think to check! The whole tire blew off the rim and it's hard to tell in the pic but the split in the tube is almost a foot long. I'm going to have to pick up a tire gauge if I plan on running max PSI

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.

5/14/2014 11:45 AM

If the tire bead can fit in the rim just watch it while you pump it up.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

5/14/2014 12:09 PM

Never blew up, but one day years ago I randomly woke up early in the morning on a weekend and was just chillin in bed thinking about going riding later, then out of nowhere I hear PSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEWWWW from my back tube going flat. Scared the shit out of me & I inspected the tube and it was right by thr valve. I wasn't even mad haha it was kinda funny

|

5/14/2014 12:47 PM

This happened to me once after airing up my tire. I dont believe I put too much in it, it was still somewhat squishy. Rode on it to make sure I didnt need more, looked down at it and saw a huge buldge in my sidewall, reached for my valve cap like a fucking ninja, but as soon as I got my fingers on it "BOOOOOOOOM!!!!" right in my face. It was a Fit FAF Teal-Gum Wall though, I blew out every single one of those I owned (10+.) I guess the teal colored gum is just a shitty compound to use for a sidewall. I couldnt hear out of one ear for a few hours and ended up having to run some shitty Huffy tire for a few weeks.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

5/14/2014 1:38 PM

This happened to me as I was putting air in. I was inflating a new tube and new kenda k-rad though... It got it inflated to 60psi, and a few seconds later BOOM, and my new tire had like a "permanent" curve on it similar to yours... also like a huge footlong split down the tube I was weirded out when I put another tube in there because the tire had that warped curve to it, but I said eff it. inflated it half way, stopped for a minute, let the tube work itself in, and then inflated it all the way and now my wheel is just fine... How old is that tube by chance?

|

5/14/2014 1:38 PM

@sundaybmxRR: I had that happen on a bike as I was riding by a bunch of girls when I was a little kid. It was quite loud and embarrassing

@HardBMX_Tim: This was a standard black Fit FAF...that sucks! Good thing I ordered an Animal GLH to replace it. Looks like I'll have to order another to avoid this happening to my other tire...

|

My Ride
My Other Ride

5/14/2014 1:40 PM

@GTzone720: bought my bike complete a month ago so not very old at all

|

My Ride
My Other Ride

5/14/2014 1:45 PM

This happened to me on Easter. You must not have beaded the tire correctly. It sounds like a god bless-ed gun going off when it blows up! I got powder all over my kitchen when it happened to me!

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

5/14/2014 1:52 PM

Stocksy wrote:

This happened to me on Easter. You must not have beaded the tire correctly. It sounds like a god bless-ed gun going off when ...more

Fit's factory must not have beaded the tire correctly tongue I've never had it happen with a tire I put on and I run high PSI
and maybe this is what happens when we keep our bikes in our kitchen...strange strange coincidence

|

My Ride
My Other Ride

5/14/2014 1:57 PM

this has happened to me a few times. the most memorable time was when i was putting my new tire on. i had it pumped up rock hard and noticed the bead was off the rim in one spot. so i pressed the thing on the inside of the valve to let air out so i could fix it adn BAM. it exploded about two feet from my head

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

5/14/2014 2:02 PM

ironmaiden666 wrote:

Fit's factory must not have beaded the tire correctly tongue I've never had it happen with a tire I put on and I run high PSI
and ...more

#Illuminati

It was definitely the Illuminati.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

5/14/2014 2:20 PM

ironmaiden666 wrote:

@sundaybmxRR: I had that happen on a bike as I was riding by a bunch of girls when I was a little kid. It was quite loud and ...more

My black FAFs have never blown out. I ran a 2.25 one for over a year 0 issues, multiple black 2.10s which all wore out in a few months but never had any issues with the sidewalls on them. Now on 2x 2.25 FAF-K NVs and I dont think ill be encountering any issues with them.

I noticed the teal walls bead always got deformed. Whenever I switched tubes they would always be really wavy. This probably led to them blowing out.

The higher the temperature, the more the air expands. For example, if you air up your tire to 110psi outside while its 40 degrees and then bring it inside where its 75 degrees, it may end up being 120-130psi. This is why I usually only air my tires up to 90-100psi, gives them room to expand without blowing out.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

5/14/2014 2:30 PM

Stocksy wrote:

#Illuminati

It was definitely the Illuminati.

You're right. There's no possible way this could've happened otherwise.

Now they know that we know.

Oh no.

The security of the forum has been compromised.

|

My Ride
My Other Ride

5/14/2014 2:32 PM

Tube was pinched a little, and finally gave out LOUDLY.

Hope nothing else is damaged.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/14/2014 3:06 PM

Get some GLH's

Doesn't have thin Sidewalls

|

refs:spikez-mikelee-ScramHype-CGcaps-Droogskull-Blake El Gingero-hcpmichael

5/14/2014 8:54 PM

You're lucky. My gauge messed up a few summers back and blew out my whole sidewall. Somehow, the slime tube I was using didn't go everywhere and I still don't know how. I believe I pumped it up to 130 PSI and I didn't even ride it, I just left it in my 100 degree garage during the summer. I also pumped up my friend's Demolition Momentum and at school in the 80+ degree weather, the tire blew up the sidewall as well, with the whole gunshot effect. I'm not surprised as Demolitions tires are super duper thin and suck ass. But yeah, I gave him a slime tube and it went everywhere. Slime tubes have a rumor about mysteriously blowing, but I run my tires at like 85 PSI max really.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

5/14/2014 10:59 PM

Photo
|

5/15/2014 4:41 AM

This happened to me with a tww the side wall and bead just blew out. Scared the shit out of me and the two dogs that where in the lounge room with me at the time

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

5/15/2014 8:36 AM

It happened to me and my friend while we were driving! The tire blew up in the back seat and put a dent in the roof. Felt like a sound grenade went off in the car! Pretty crazy! His tire was shredded to the point it was un usable!

|

5/15/2014 8:59 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

This happened to me once after airing up my tire. I dont believe I put too much in it, it was still somewhat squishy. Rode on ...more

This happened to me once as well. I was in the garage with one of my friends when I noticed the bulge on the sidewall. I was leaning down to let the air out when it exploded. Scared the shit out of us. They were crappy Walmart tires though.

|

I haven't rode in forever so I suck and I have 2 Hondas. Follow me on Instagram @softtop2k.417

5/15/2014 9:01 AM

RileyBmx wrote:

It happened to me and my friend while we were driving! The tire blew up in the back seat and put a dent in the roof. Felt like ...more

That happened to me too. I was with my mom. The bike was in the back seat of our little 2-door Ford Focus. That shit was loud.

|

I haven't rode in forever so I suck and I have 2 Hondas. Follow me on Instagram @softtop2k.417