This has been killng me to know.

Related:
Create New Tag

12/17/2008 5:03 PM

How hard are backflips? Are they really hard or do they just take balls. Are they like running up a ramp and backflippig or are they really hard. because every now and then i'll see someone in a video who isn't really good backflip.

|

Acquire second hand-profit

12/17/2008 6:26 PM

ya hi tried one into a pool one time and it def. seems like its more balls than anything, once youre past the upside down part its straight.. be safe

|

12/17/2008 6:29 PM

yeah i want to do them so bad but
i dont have anywhere to do them
but i think its mostly comitment
you got to comit to it

|

all i doo is ride my bike
i dont give a fuck, shit

12/18/2008 12:14 AM

they are seriously easier than x-ups. just start you lean back when you get on the ramp, look up/back (and keep looking this way, do not tilt your head forward) keep your ass kinda behind your seat, and whatever you do, DO NOT LET GO! it took me two tries in a foam pit and thats all I needed

|

Maintenance guy at The Railyard Bike Park in Rogers, Arkansas

facebook.com/TheRailyardAR/
Insta @the_railyard

facebook.com/tedhuie
Insta @ted_danger

12/18/2008 6:52 AM

It is mostly commitment. I have had an issue with being upside down all my life, so it took me like 3 hours of trying to get them down into foam. Sooo fun. If you do try it, try to get some foam or something to land in/on. Maybe a bunch of old mattresses on a landing or loosen up the dirt on one...I also recommend lake jumping. Built a kicker, and hit up a dock with an old shitty bike. Learn em into water.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/18/2008 9:14 AM

tedhuie wrote:

they are seriously easier than x-ups. just start you lean back when you get on the ramp, look up/back (and keep looking this way, do not tilt your head forward) keep your ass kinda behind your seat, and whatever you do, DO NOT LET GO! it took me two tries in a foam pit and thats all I needed

lol, but seriously, they are easier than x-ups
is 99% balls and the rest is hold strong to the bike to don't let it go
i learned in a boxjump with some mattress and took me around an hour to learn them
once you get the feel of the flip, the trick is yours

|

12/18/2008 11:02 AM

yeah they arent hard at all it took me 3 tries into foam when you get upside down its so easy from there

|

whitee-outtt

12/20/2008 5:52 PM

sweet. Nowhere to build a lake jump or foam pit here though, any ideas? haha really if i could make a foam pit and learn backflips i'd amaze everywone cuz im pretty average or below average around here.

|

12/20/2008 5:53 PM

but it does kinda seem like they are easy cuz the only thing is that you're pulling a bike with you instead of running.

|