This is what bmx is all about

Related:
Create New Tag

9/20/2008 11:30 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 5:20 PM

"The Potential of some things, are hidden by the democracy of the majority. When I ride a bike, I see things with other eyes; curbs become ramps, walls become floors, and the skill to experience these foundings reveal the wonder of being alive. But that is me, and what I have been exposed to. The unseen potential in the built environment by man or nature, makes these unfold the possibilities of undiscovered moves and strategies to treat a problem or live an experience. What is always a constant is that these potentials are found in irrelevant spaces of our contemporary days. Places that are forbidden or forsaken, places that by their nature are harsh, and apparently, not friendly, not welcoming. The search of a "spot to ride" creates the search for another, and the possibilities of the new places rise questions of its treatment. What is relevant is the "phenomena of the after-experience". A new search for a different experience is always questioned, always wanting more. By the fact of being in these places with such potential, the surrounding context is brought to mind. Questions of the "why is this like this?", "who designed and built it?". The reflection goes even further, when the realization of where you are is completely stopped by the thought that you are actually "in-between" two or more worlds, and suddenly, you are more part in one of them for a certain amount of time. The ubranism of cities around the world have created, without knowing, a playgroound for the bmx riders to discover its potential elements. A whole industry is based on undesirable rails and loading decks, unresolved parking lots, changes in the levels within the landscape, which are represented by stairs, benches where nobody sits. What is not working for some, is the work place for others. A culture of bikers, disregarding nationality, but neither a global phenomena, but as an inherent phenomena. This happens in so many other things, bmx is an example. The potential is there for any mind. These are not about bikes, but analysis, reevaluation and potential of the set of characters that changes contemporary society everyday."

-Patricio Rubio

|

This message is brought to you by JonathanAllen.

[LINK TO IMAGE]
This is Red Panda.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_panda

MOTW 5/17/2010 - 5/23/2010

9/20/2008 11:34 AM

This is so true.

|

Dave Lawrence: "Pot is like the lazy retarded cousin of drugs. No one cares, they just give him a ball and he's happy on his own."

Refs: Fede/bmx1, Nmyersomg, Meowmoo68

9/20/2008 3:02 PM

|

if u want to win a free ipod, phone, game, or almost anything, go here
http://swagbucks.prodege.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=253912

9/20/2008 3:03 PM

so so so so true
where did u find this haha

|

if u want to win a free ipod, phone, game, or almost anything, go here
http://swagbucks.prodege.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=253912

9/20/2008 4:52 PM

redbeard227 wrote:

so so so so true

It was in T1's zine #10 I believe. I had to type it out.

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]
This is Red Panda.

9/20/2008 5:03 PM

redbeard227 wrote:

so so so so true

JonathanAllen wrote:

You had to type the whole thing? Damn, that sucks. It's badass though

|

Dave Lawrence: "Pot is like the lazy retarded cousin of drugs. No one cares, they just give him a ball and he's happy on his own."

9/20/2008 5:20 PM

easternbmx55 wrote:

Nah not really. I typed it up back in 2005 I just had it saved.

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]
This is Red Panda.

JonathanAllen wrote:

easternbmx55 wrote:

JonathanAllen wrote:

Oh haha I see

|

JonathanAllen wrote:

easternbmx55 wrote:

JonathanAllen wrote:

Oh haha I see

|

9/20/2008 5:49 PM

It is absolutely the perfect way to explain riding to someone who doesnt get it.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/20/2008 5:52 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

It is absolutely the perfect way to explain riding to someone who doesnt get it.

Agreed

|

9/20/2008 8:59 PM

wow, didn't think people could put it in words how i feel every day... except i don't see things through other eyes, i just have one set, and they see everything they want...

|

chuck norris rides little kid's bikes!!!