This shows exactly what is wrong with bmx.

Related:
Create New Tag

9/3/2015 2:02 PM

Fucking shitty rap, fucking shitty foot tall ledges. I would rather watch Ben Lorsons edit.

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

Refs-brokenbmx, MaximusBikes, Brian_Griffin, Colonydirt94, Aebasher

9/3/2015 2:05 PM

Very shitty rap.

|

IG: therealclintvessey

{\_/}
( • .•)
/-🚲

9/3/2015 2:27 PM

I played it, skipped halfway through to listen to the song and I can only assume the person "rapping" was instead having a stroke after dropping a gallon of LSD as he yells at his dogs. The fuck kind of shit was that.

|

9/3/2015 2:51 PM

I don't get it either....the worst for me was the camera work.

The problem nowadays is that their audience, 15-18 year old kids, have to have something short and now-now-now, or else they are on to the next thing...so for marketing purposes, they have to keep putting out these quick videos every week with no real forethought.

The new "Brighton Aint Ready 2" took probably a year to plan, months to film, and then probably a year to edit it all together into 50minutes...and it shows.

|

9/3/2015 3:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/3/2015 3:19 PM

No. Bashing someone else's style is what's fucking wrong with bmx. You don't have to like how/what they ride and listen to, but saying they're what's wrong with bmx is complete bullshit.The attitude you gave off in this thread is what's wrong with bmx

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

9/3/2015 3:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/12/2015 9:47 AM

tomdon wrote:

No. Bashing someone else's style is what's fucking wrong with bmx. You don't have to like how/what they ride and listen to, ...more

this
plus, its a darn video that isn't suppsed to be super hardcore, stop taking it so seriously

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

9/3/2015 3:23 PM

tomdon wrote:

No. Bashing someone else's style is what's fucking wrong with bmx. You don't have to like how/what they ride and listen to, ...more

Eh when nazis come to town you beat them up and make them move. Might be a little dramatic comparison but still. I get it, times are changing and this is the shit that sells but that doesn't make it easier for. Nothing like going to a skatepark and hearing "you on the come up?"

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

9/3/2015 3:26 PM

tomdon wrote:

Ricked_Em wrote:

Eh when nazis come to town you beat them up and make them move. Might be a little dramatic comparison but still. I get it, ...more

i think in this situation, you're the nazi
its someone else's shit, you are the one telling them that they are the problem, the inferior race if you will

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

9/3/2015 3:33 PM

tomdon wrote:

Ricked_Em wrote:

Eh when nazis come to town you beat them up and make them move. Might be a little dramatic comparison but still. I get it, ...more

I never said you gotta like it. I don't care for the rap in the majority of videos, but it's what they like so whatever. I do my thing, they do theirs

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

9/3/2015 4:29 PM

BMX is subjective from stoners like Adam 22 and the weed persona , to Kyle Baldocks 120% sport competition ideals.

It is what it is , some things I like and some things I don't but it is what it is as mentioned . I only ride flat ledges and flat rails at the moment so I'm one of those guys haha

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

9/3/2015 4:41 PM

not bashing on anything but i personally didnt enjoy that video, it looked like it was some kind of city jam- the filming itself was decent, the riding was... passable, not my style or what i would have put in...but ya know im not in it- though i have wanted to ride board game park.....

as for their musical selection................ i like 60's rock more soooooo

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

9/3/2015 4:53 PM

thank the south and west coast for that shitty ass rap. people been bmx stoners long before adam 22. to be honest dudes kind of a herb.

|

1996 dyno slammer, 1997 mosh pro, 1998 gt vertigo, 2000 haro backtrail x3, 2004 free agent tigercat, 2005 volume dinosaur, 2005 s&m black bike, 2013 stolen saint 24", 2015 flybikes proton

9/3/2015 4:57 PM

I've done my fair share of riding foot tall ledges, rails, and having four pegs. I'm so over it at this point. It's fun when you're learning but once you realize that most oppo grinds are easy as all fuck and spins out of them aren't that fun you sort of lose interest. I'm more interested in doing fun things, going fast, doing 360s, learning whips (i'm very close btw), and pegs are not ideal.

I'll still grind and stuff, but the days of me seasoning a flat ledge and foot tall rail are over tip winter. I rather ride quarters and flyouts and hips before i do a feeble to smith on a ledge, easy tricks are what grinds are for me.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

9/3/2015 5:13 PM

I could say that a bunch of elitist pricks who only ride dirt are wrong with bmx.

|

9/3/2015 5:22 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

I could say that a bunch of elitist pricks who only ride dirt are wrong with bmx.

Lol. I've been riding a lot of park lately but showing how much a guy is choking on weed and shit is just dumb.

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

9/3/2015 5:30 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

Dont you dare go their. BMX started in the dirt and that is where we will always be able to live in the dirt! be it a bmx race track- or just something some kids dug up in their uncle's back yard. Parks will close down street spots will be guarded, but dirt will never be in short supply. so before you dis dirt- remember it all started in the dirt.

THANK YOU AND GOOD DAY SIR!

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

9/3/2015 5:31 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

Ricked_Em wrote:

Lol. I've been riding a lot of park lately but showing how much a guy is choking on weed and shit is just dumb.

I find people posting pictures of beer and crap stupid as hell, but to each his own. I'm not on board with the whole peep game/oss/tcu thing, but I'm not going to go out and say that it's whats wrong with bmx. Bad attitudes and people just trying to down other people riding is wrong with bmx.

|

9/3/2015 5:34 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

dkTechEthan wrote:

Dont you dare go their. BMX started in the dirt and that is where we will always be able to live in the dirt! be it a bmx race ...more

I'm not dissing dirt, goddam. It's my favorite thing to ride for petes sake.

|

9/3/2015 5:38 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

dkTechEthan wrote:

Dont you dare go their. BMX started in the dirt and that is where we will always be able to live in the dirt! be it a bmx race ...more

biggybuggy wrote:

I'm not dissing dirt, goddam. It's my favorite thing to ride for petes sake.

GOOD BOY! have a bmx treat.

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

9/4/2015 6:05 AM

JonnyGanja wrote:

thank the south and west coast for that shitty ass rap. people been bmx stoners long before adam 22. to be honest dudes kind ...more

That's a subjective first statement, which is purely opinion based. And as to Adam22, he is a popular dude because of his "I don't care" attitude towards most things. He's a tool if you ask me though. He pushes the stoner culture so hard that kids who have never even seen weed outside of movies pretend to be stoners to "be cool".

For the EDIT:
The riding was ok, the filming was meh. Honestly, who cares?

In General:
The thing that is wrong with BMX is every single kid bashing every other kid for what they ride, how they ride, their stance on brakes, freecoasters, pros, hairstyles, clothing, music and so on. That's why you always hear the older guys (who have been riding for longer than most of the adam22 fans have been alive) say things like "I miss how BMX was 15 years ago". Back then it was THAT you rode, not WHAT/HOW/WHERE you rode + WHAT/HOW you dress + WHAT/WHO you listen to + WHAT/HOW your hair looks.

BMX has become a cocky, "I'm better than you" fashion show. I had a kid try to bash me for riding maybe once a week because I have work, a wife and a kid. I am twice his age. He is a giant trend whore who also tried to bash me for running brakes and not having an all black bike with a freecoaster.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/4/2015 6:19 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

That's a subjective first statement, which is purely opinion based. And as to Adam22, he is a popular dude because of his "I ...more

"He is a giant trend whore who also tried to bash me for running brakes and not having an all black bike with a freecoaster."

This X100000000000000 I guess I was trying to get at with this video, it is everything that annoys me and has gotten away from how it used to be. Before it was an excuse to hang with your buddies and go on adventures. Now its who can 540 flyout, who can smoke the most weed, or getting asked "what do you think of freecoasters?" "Why dont you have pegs?" Needs to get back to the roots,

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

9/4/2015 6:57 AM

Ricked_Em wrote:

"He is a giant trend whore who also tried to bash me for running brakes and not having an all black bike with a freecoaster."
...more

Solution: Quit talking to teenagers at skateparks...
What do you expect from high school kids AKA the demographic videos like that are trying to appeal to? I know I thought my bike was the coolest when I was 14.
Almost everyone 20+ I meet on the street just wants to ride and will cruise with kids on zip-tied together mongooses if they can keep up.

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

9/4/2015 6:59 AM

It's not just BMX either that seems to have lost most of what "alternative sports" used to be all about...when I take my son to the local skatepark, all the skaters and scooter kids do is sit at the entrance near a short flat rail and gossip about this kid and that kid. They all have un-scathed boards, and look like they are in a H&M poster shoot with all their perfectly clean and pressed clothes. Every once in a while, a kid will try to board slide the rail a few times...and his friends don't even acknowledge it or egg him on or whatever, to push him to land it...the circle just closes up to fill the empty spot where the kid was standing, literally turning their backs to him.

It's sorta nice though because my son and I have the small park pretty much to ourselves, and he's only 3, so that's good for him not getting in the way of people actually using the park. There also aren't and BMXers around here anymore so, I think the skater kids don't know what to think of an "old" guy with a big beard jumping all over "their" park, and my 3 year old riding up and around 1/4's back and forth on a balance bike.

There is this huge disconnect with the way it is now and the way it was 10-15 years ago and more, when riding was more actually social, vs internet "social"....when guys would be at a spot riding and others would maybe come and go throughout the day or whatever. When you'd pile in a van and road trip 3 hours to some trails you heard of, roll up to the locals already there (hoping they aren't a bunch of pricks) and then after introductions and shit....helping build and prep lips.... and then riding, partying, and watching the latest Road Fools for a couple days with dudes that you never met before that day.

Now, it seems to be about making certain that your plastic pedals match your grips, as much as it is about being "hood".

|

9/4/2015 7:09 AM

This video talks about how it used to be...

|

9/4/2015 7:09 AM

This contributes as to why I ride alone and don't watch bmx videos anymore. It's a bummer but oh well. The only thing I have to motivate me in riding is just the fact that I enjoy riding.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

9/4/2015 7:14 AM

Four wrote:

This contributes as to why I ride alone and don't watch bmx videos anymore. It's a bummer but oh well. The only thing I have ...more

My buddy and I try to keep with ourselves but it's just funny when kids come and talk to me then end up being mad because I dont like their rasta bike......

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

9/4/2015 7:20 AM

Photo

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

9/4/2015 7:20 AM

Four wrote:

This contributes as to why I ride alone and don't watch bmx videos anymore. It's a bummer but oh well. The only thing I have ...more

This

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

9/4/2015 7:41 AM

Honestly, it's up to us. The older crowd. To show these little niglettes what bmx is about.
And honestly we don't have to shit on everyone to do it. It's up to us to encourage everyone from The kids on Walmart hyper bikes to the kids to the kids with oil slick everything. From the edge kids to the crack fiends. We gotta show them that what makes us better than other scenes is a sense of community.
Let's help each other out.
If you gotta remind a punk ass that he is being a shithead every once in a while then Do it.
But not because of their style. Everyone is allowed to have their own style. Thats what nakes bmx great. Style is everything. Dont ever forget it.

|

9/4/2015 8:24 AM

I always felt that as soon as you hate on another type of riding, it narrows the thing down. I have respect for people that are riding four pegs and a coaster, just like i would like someone who can fly over a box jump and blast a loopback air. BMX is supposed to be fun, so as long as they're not bringing me any sort of pain or anything, who am I to judge? It's what they like, if anything, you should encourage others to ride and let them figure out whats fun by themselves. I will always love riding my bike. Just pedaling around or carving through a bowl, it's always gonna be a blast. Having fun with your friends is really important too. It makes riding way better if you just don't worry and have a good time regardless if your friend wants to ride four pegs.

It's all BMX, and BMX is an art form. It's all subjective and you should just appreciate that at least they are trying and riding.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.