Those Kind of Days...

Related:
Create New Tag

5/29/2020 5:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/29/2020 5:56 PM

I'm sure everyone experiences those days where they have such incredible manuals or send mentality or even crappy riding. Those good days are awesome, you know your so locked in and progress so far... but is there a way to get those days a lot more often? How does a good day come about? Is it your mentality, emotions, or warmup for that day, or all of them together?

|

sponsor me

5/29/2020 6:12 PM

SlavBMX wrote:

I'm sure everyone experiences those days where they have such incredible manuals or send mentality or even crappy riding. Those good days are awesome, you know your so locked in and progress so far... but is there a way to get those days a lot more often? How does a good day come about? Is it your mentality, emotions, or warmup for that day, or all of them together?

yeah ride more.

|

13 years old

5/29/2020 6:28 PM

I find sleep to be really important for that. If I sleep like shit, then I usually ride like shit

|

5/29/2020 6:28 PM

My last couple days riding were so sick. Felt dialed and was going bigger than normal. This is going to sound soft as fuck but my secret the last couple months is straight up just drinking water throughout the day when I wanna ride haha. Like i used to make coffee in the morning, work all day, don’t drink much except coffee and energy drinks then go ride after work and my muscles would be so tight, I’d get gassed easier, just felt off. Then I started doing the same thing but trying to have at least a few glasses of water throughout the day and another when I get home and bro I tell you my muscles loosen up easier, recovery is better after riding, more energy, brain feels more in tune, it matters man it boggles my mind that water makes such a big difference

|

5/29/2020 7:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/29/2020 7:10 PM

jboozer4 wrote:

My last couple days riding were so sick. Felt dialed and was going bigger than normal. This is going to sound soft as fuck but my secret the last couple months is straight up just drinking water throughout the day when I wanna ride haha. Like i used to make coffee in the morning, work all day, don’t drink much except coffee and energy drinks then go ride after work and my muscles would be so tight, I’d get gassed easier, just felt off. Then I started doing the same thing but trying to have at least a few glasses of water throughout the day and another when I get home and bro I tell you my muscles loosen up easier, recovery is better after riding, more energy, brain feels more in tune, it matters man it boggles my mind that water makes such a big difference

I believe it! Whenever I have a whole day session I avoid drinking coffee or any energy drinks

|

sponsor me

5/30/2020 12:44 PM

Undesemin wrote:

I find sleep to be really important for that. If I sleep like shit, then I usually ride like shit

I always sleep like shit, but the older get the more I depend on a good diet, regular workouts, and like boozer said, water. This is after surviving college on ramen, skittles, and beer.

|

Remember when you could ride all day and not be sore for a week?

5/30/2020 7:09 PM

I find staying hydrated before going to ride And stretching before I start always helps, it always helps to have a tight crew of hungry guys who want to progress to ride with consistently with to push each other , and remember set goals , even if they are small eventually they can build up into bigger options or combinations , I’ve seen some guys even write trick lists of what they want to learn , when your ripping a good session it’s easy to go blank minded and forget about a trick you wanted to try

|

5/31/2020 10:28 PM

#1 rule should be 'to have fun'. Forget about everything else, and just have fun doing whatever you like doing. I've had awesome days riding with my friends, riding by myself, and I've even had awesome days not riding, but still related to BMX.
Once I organized a jam with 2 other guys, and I didn't even touch my bike that day, but I had a blast just talking to my buddies, watching some of them trying crazy shit, crashing hard and laughing about it, seeing friends I hadn't seen for a long time...
All because I was having fun, plain and simple!

|

6/1/2020 4:18 AM

SlavBMX wrote:

Riding with other friends who bmx and a playlist full of songs that remind me of all the bullshit that makes me angry in life helps... the friends, especially those who push you or can do things you can’t helps me push myself. The music helps me not give a fuck about getting hurt, less fear=more send... also water is never a bad idea

|

6/8/2020 8:07 AM

Watch videos and get psyched

|

6/8/2020 12:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/8/2020 2:26 PM

I guess 2 months off the bike at a skatepark is all it took for me lol. I learned so much the last few days, proper foot jams on quarters and to fakie with my front foot instead of my back, land footjam whips almost 100% in a session, and I’m feeling super dialed.

But then one day it’ll change and be horrible haha.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

6/9/2020 3:39 AM

jboozer4 wrote:

Eating healthy and drinking water is the best way to ensure a long life riding. I drink water first thing in the morning and the last thing at night.

Also bring 2 litres of the stuff when I go riding in my bag. Gotta stay hydrated out there!

|

6/9/2020 4:14 AM

As I get older I worry less about learning some crazy new moves and just take the time to enjoy riding. Even if I am struggling to pull something, getting out on the bike is the best part. The one time I rode a skatepark this year was a 10 minute hit on my lunch break a week or so ago. I did a few 540 tire taps on banks, a few abubacas to fakie double pegs on a ledge, and a couple icepicks on the end of a box on top of a little bank.

It was AWESOME.

And all of those are moves I've been doing for well over a decade. I DID get some ideas for some moves I want to toy with when I can get over there for a couple hours, and those would be some new spins on some old stuff.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura