Thoughts on 2017 Hoffman Condor complete?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/1/2017 8:56 AM

https://hoffmanbikes.com/product/condor-recruiter-line/

Thoughts? They're only $200 on ebay with free shipping so I'm thinking about picking one up just for the hell of it since my bike got jacked. Looks like a decent complete for the price, but the only thing throwing me off is the disclaimer that it's made for younger beginner riders even though it's a 21" tt, so I'm wondering if that means abuse wise. Parts wise yeah i can understand that, but the frame/fork are full chromo and even their higher priced completes aren't. So is it Taiwan chromo or is it paper thin tubing? The mid school guy in me wants one so bad just for old times sake. I know I'm gonna replace parts quick but i figured it's worth it temporarily for $200

|

4/1/2017 9:26 AM

Doesn't look too bad at all for $200. I would break that thing in 10 minutes though haha. But for a beginner it doesn't look all that bad I guess

|

4/1/2017 10:50 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/1/2017 10:53 AM

That looks like a killer deal! I'd say get it for sure. Nothing better than having a brand new rig to cruise around on

The weakest parts on any complete are the cranks and rims, but looks like you're covered with a 3pc crank and double wall rims.

Only thing I'd say is the bars are a little short for my liking. I'd personally upgrade them to a 9" rise. And man oh man are those Razz grips comfy. My buddy rides for Hoffman and he's flowed me a few pairs of them--very soft and grippy!

Let us know how it is smile

Edit: just looked over the bike again and the only thing that makes it suited for "younger riders" are the short-ish 8.25" rise bars. I'd say not to worry at all. Hope that helps!

|

Dax in NYC
MD & Flatland rider

4/1/2017 12:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/1/2017 12:15 PM

seanthemechanic wrote:

Doesn't look too bad at all for $200. I would break that thing in 10 minutes though haha. But for a beginner it doesn't look ...more

Lol well that's what I'm trying to avoid. I weigh about 170 but don't ride extremely hard so i figured it would be fine. And I'm not a beginner by any means. This is just a temporary ride because my complete custom Fit Mac got stolen a couple weeks ago

|

4/1/2017 12:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/1/2017 12:25 PM

Metalbmxer wrote:

That looks like a killer deal! I'd say get it for sure. Nothing better than having a brand new rig to cruise around on

The ...more

Thanks! Yeah i figured as much, but just wanted to be sure before making the investment. I'm also gonna give them a call first and ask what the frame specs are before i decide for sure. And yeah i won't have a choice but to go taller with the bars. I've been riding Shadow Vultus 9's for a couple years now but on a top load with no spacers

|

4/1/2017 12:55 PM

Damn they're closed til monday. Anyone know the frame geometry on this thing?

|