Thoughts on Cinema Rear Hubs?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/14/2016 11:06 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/14/2016 11:08 AM

Hey i'm looking for parts to build a new wheel and I have seen on SourceBMX that they seem to have deals on Cinema cassette hubs such as the VX2 hub and I'm still thinking whether they're good or not.

Any Ideas??? Are They Loud and Reliable??? Cheap??

Thanks

|

5/14/2016 11:47 AM

Cinema hubs are really nice.

The VX2 is super well made, parts are easily replaceable in Canada (not sure about availability across the pond), drive side is easily switchable and driver is bearing less to avoid any problems there.

If you're building to a Cinema rim, the build is always really smooth and solid.

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

5/14/2016 12:03 PM

transition_chris wrote:

Cinema hubs are really nice.

The VX2 is super well made, parts are easily replaceable in Canada (not sure about availability ...more

Thanks for the advice.

The rim(s) I am wanting are Alienation Black Sheep rims, so hopefully it should work with these sort of cassette hubs.

Is the VX2 loud? Probably not as 'loud' as profile hubs i'd imagine, but some decent 'loudness' in that hub.

Thanks again smile

|

5/14/2016 12:27 PM

Profile minis aren't particularly loud. the sound a hub makes doesn't determine how good it is.
I'd look into a different rim for the rear. The black sheep is one of the cheaper alienation rims. It's not bad, but for a few quid more you can get better.

|

5/14/2016 2:36 PM

Murf_BMX wrote:

Thanks for the advice.

The rim(s) I am wanting are Alienation Black Sheep rims, so hopefully it should work with these sort ...more

It's loud and has a nice click to it. Different than other hubs, definitely different sounding than Profile but still nice and loud.

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

5/14/2016 6:27 PM

Has cinema improved? I thought they were all low to middle end generic parts. Seemed really basic, no innovation, basically just a cheap coloured double walled sealed back rim. Pretty much OEM parts

|

5/14/2016 8:44 PM

Obama wrote:

Has cinema improved? I thought they were all low to middle end generic parts. Seemed really basic, no innovation, basically ...more

They have some basic OEM type stuff and also some high end stuff.

The VX2 hubs and 777 rims are quite nice. The FX is a nicely made KHE style freecoaster.

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

5/14/2016 11:34 PM

777 rims are good , nice and stiff

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

5/15/2016 11:57 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Profile minis aren't particularly loud. the sound a hub makes doesn't determine how good it is.
I'd look into a different rim ...more

Haven't looked into 777 rims (yet), but i've been wanting Black Sheep rims for a while. Do they go well with those rims? Is that what your saying, or they don't fit?

Thanks for all the support given smile

|

5/15/2016 12:19 PM

You can build any rims and hubs up for the most part, our mechanic just always comments how cinema hubs and rims build together very nicely.

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx