Thoughts on E3 welding and the new eastern grim reaper?

Related:
Create New Tag

11/23/2013 1:41 PM

I was checking eastern bikes webpage for the first time and i noticed the grim reaper frame welding process, lifetime warranty, etc, and i thought it looked reliable, maybe it isn't, but the welds look awesome and the E3 welding process looks legit. link for the 2014 grim reaper specs: http://easternbikes.com/frames/grim-reaper-8/ E3 welding process http://easternbikes.com/e3-manufacturing/
is this frame actually good? do other companies use that E3 welding process as well?

|

11/23/2013 2:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/23/2013 2:13 PM

That frame actually does look really and plus it being heat treated and having lifetime warranty makes it even better, the only thing i never liked about the grim reaper where those stupid seat tube cutouts and I've seen few of them snap and kibd of bend at the cutouts and i think it's too light

About the welding process the last thread that brought it up i remember someone saying its old and other companies used it already but i dont know.

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

11/23/2013 2:22 PM

Seems decent actually , the welding is a smart idea. It seems like a normal , average frame but with easterns little tweaks

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

11/23/2013 3:32 PM

I'm not sure what on it they're referring to as being heat treated, but considering that tubing is shiny and there's welding heat marks, that's not heat treated. Heat treating makes metal dull, like its been in a fire, but not quite to that extreme. It turns brown. When you see a raw frame and its a dull brown, that's why. And no company would polish tubing after heat treating it, just to get weld marks. The welding process negates heat treating in that area, which makes it pointless to heat treat to begin with.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

11/23/2013 3:53 PM

That's how welds should look. Those good beads should be how all well assembled frames should look. Any of you have any high end frames? Look at the welds. The weld should always get the most amount of penetration.

|

11/23/2013 3:56 PM

Aav1996 wrote:

That's how welds should look. Those good beads should be how all well assembled frames should look. Any of you have any high ...more

This, most frames are already constructed the way Eastern is now doing so.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

11/23/2013 4:02 PM

Frame looks awesome and being heat treated and having a life time warranty is awesome to, alot of people hate eastern stuff but i think they put out some good products

|

11/23/2013 4:52 PM

I love it, i hear a lot of good stuff about that welding process. From what i hear, those welds are so strong the tubes would break before that weld. Did anyone see that real low frame on there for 165$? SHIT! Thats actually a real nice frame for that cheap!! Im thinking about seeing if i can get the Transcend frame! I love the Geo, i like the thick dropouts and the chain tensioners, the downtube is extra thick and it has the best welds out there. If i can get one, i am!! By the way, i think the Moose has this welding process by the looks of the raw one, so that is good! And to you guys saying that other companies do this, that isnt very true. With this welding process, they guarantee a good weld on every frame, other frames with good welds may not get as good a treatment as these would.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.