Thoughts on OSS

Related:
Create New Tag

4/21/2014 11:57 AM

I'd just like to know other peoples opinion and thoughts of On Some Shit

Personally I dislike the brand, I think they are a bad image for BMX with the drug promotion, also the other OSS shirts and clothing don't seem to have anything to do with BMX.

|

Please be kind I am only a beginner :]

4/21/2014 12:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/21/2014 12:12 PM

They're not promoting drug use, they're documenting their lifestyle and lifestyle choices, and giving you the choice to buy into it or not! That's the way I see it anyway.

No ones forcing you to watch or be influenced by any of it, that's your choice.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

4/21/2014 12:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/21/2014 9:23 PM

Fuck oss. TCU isn't one of my favorites anymore either.
I cant see how a website which posts things from other websites can be quality

Vital is where its at.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

4/21/2014 12:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/21/2014 12:20 PM

OSS and TCU are the two worst things about BMX. Adam will probably see this, post what I said on Twitter, then have all his 12 year old dick riders talk shit about me.

As I've said before, if street riders rode their bikes as much as they rode Adam, BMX would be in a much better position.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

4/21/2014 12:24 PM

I think Ruben sums up the drug use issue well in this: http://www.bmxunion.com/blog/interview/quicky-ruben-alcantara/
One thing I also dislike about OSS is their antichrist etc. stuff; I'm atheist but I don't see why they care so much about what other people believe.
I also dislike the rap in their edits, but it does go well with the edits and I suppose that's just my opinion. To be honest everything I think about them is just an opinion, they're not necessarily a bad company.

|

4/21/2014 12:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/21/2014 12:28 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

OSS and TCU are the two worst things about BMX. Adam will probably see this, post what I said on Twitter, then have all his 12 year old dick riders talk shit about me.

As I've said before, if street riders rode their bikes as much as they rode Adam, BMX would be in a much better position.

"if street riders rode their bikes as much as they rode Adam, BMX would be in a much better position."

hahahahahahahaha funniest comment ive ever seen!

|

4/21/2014 12:40 PM

i like a lot of the riders who associate with OSS but overall as a brand, i think they try too hard.

|

selling refs: see profile
Instagram
bike check

4/21/2014 12:46 PM

im not fond of the owner but i gotta admit he knows what hes doing , he bought his company a long way

|

4/21/2014 12:54 PM

BMX_Forever wrote:

I think Ruben sums up the drug use issue well in this: http://www.bmxunion.com/blog/interview/quicky-ruben-alcantara/
One thing I also dislike about OSS is their antichrist etc. stuff; I'm atheist but I don't see why they care so much about what other people believe.
I also dislike the rap in their edits, but it does go well with the edits and I suppose that's just my opinion. To be honest everything I think about them is just an opinion, they're not necessarily a bad company.

He had some great points! I don't really like OSS, the smoking is part of it so is the anti-christianism. I'm a christian and i realize we will dissagree, i just think it's stupid how they think they're so cool because they put upsidedown crosses on everything.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

4/21/2014 2:04 PM

Dig the name . And the stickers and clothing line is dope too.

The drug use , the shitty rap music , the over-used distortion clips in edits , and in general TCU/OSS seems against what BMX is to me.

Adam22 seems like he has no friends , so he tags along and has to be in every god damn edit out there..seriously it's like Adam fuck off it's his edit. gtfo.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

4/21/2014 2:14 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Did you see his tweet the other day? He has Vital bookmarked on his toolbar lolol so he probably does check this stuff

Photo

|

4/21/2014 2:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/22/2014 8:11 PM

Photo
|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

4/21/2014 2:56 PM

I won't buy anything from either, mostly because I don't care.

But also I don't like what they have to offer. honestly I rarely go to TCU, as the videos they post are 99% clones of eachother. "This guy did a (grind name) to (spin) to fakie to cab (small trick) off this (obstacle name)!! INSANNNEEEEE"

It's all street, and most of the videos are basically the same 10 tricks on the same types of obstacles. I can only handle so many grinds to 180s before I stop giving a shit.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/21/2014 4:06 PM

they're alright. i dig tate roskelley, mike mastroni, garrret reeves.
but their clothing is ugly, overpriced, and looks like shit swagfags wear.

|

4/21/2014 4:18 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Dig the name . And the stickers and clothing line is dope too.

The drug use , the shitty rap music , the over-used distortion clips in edits , and in general TCU/OSS seems against what BMX is to me.

Adam22 seems like he has no friends , so he tags along and has to be in every god damn edit out there..seriously it's like Adam fuck off it's his edit. gtfo.

Dude i thought i was the only one who thought that (talking about the last part of his post) he literally seems like he just follows everyone around

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

4/21/2014 4:22 PM

the only reason i like them is because they gave my homie a job at the new shop. other than that, they are eh. they talk shit about my crew (LAXFILMS) adam also posted a selfie without the consent of a close friend of mine (millouxsuicide) and he is an asshole who thinks he is cool.

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

follow me on instagram! @neck_brace
also go like my media page on facebook! jiraffe media
also follow jiraffe media on insta! @jiraffe_media

4/21/2014 4:23 PM

Oh yea, and brandon begin fucked my ex

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

follow me on instagram! @neck_brace
also go like my media page on facebook! jiraffe media
also follow jiraffe media on insta! @jiraffe_media

4/21/2014 4:24 PM

And as yo how i feel about oss/tcu

Whenever i think of then i think of try hard 12year olds bmxing and douche bag swag fags

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

4/21/2014 5:22 PM

king_swag wrote:

Oh yea, and brandon begin fucked my ex

hahaha really !

|

4/21/2014 5:51 PM

now im really wondering how OSS is such a big and succesful company, out of everyone who has replied to this post so far, no one seems to like them except one guy who said he liked them only because they gave his friend a job.

|

4/21/2014 6:43 PM

stoner bikers that give the sport a bad name

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

4/21/2014 7:05 PM

Tom5 wrote:

now im really wondering how OSS is such a big and succesful company, out of everyone who has replied to this post so far, no one seems to like them except one guy who said he liked them only because they gave his friend a job.

you can tell adam 22 (as much as he dosent look like it ) is probibly really smart and knows alot about bussiness and trades

|

4/21/2014 8:06 PM

I like most of the edits they post and they have a strong team. They have good editing and good riding in some of there edits but the only thing that throws it off is the repetitiveness in tricks on foot tall ledges witch is ridiculously boring to watch and the constant use of Gucci mane songs.

|

Nothing like a Good day of Digging and Riding

4/21/2014 8:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/21/2014 8:17 PM

I watched the video when I still watched bmx stuff. Fucking lame hahaha. Swagfag company. Lame clothes too, pretty much swaggot exclusive. Wiggers are also annoying and rap fucking sucks. I don't really care regardless I dont pay any attention to their company or watch any of their videos.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

4/21/2014 8:39 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Hey i bloody hate adam and all the shit that revolves around it.
But....Still bloody funny

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

4/21/2014 8:56 PM

theyre some funny good guys, who the fuck cares that they smoke weed. theyre good as hell and supporting the bmx industry so why the fuck not

|

Refs - Tomdon x2, DGK_all_day_AKA_, bmx4life121303

4/21/2014 9:06 PM

agcrx wrote:

theyre some funny good guys, who the fuck cares that they smoke weed. theyre good as hell and supporting the bmx industry so why the fuck not

Define "good as hell" and "supporting the BMX industry."

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

4/21/2014 9:16 PM

agcrx wrote:

The way they promote it & brag about it all the time reminds me of a middle schooler who just tried beer for the first time bragging to all his buddies.

|

4/21/2014 9:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/21/2014 9:27 PM

The team's alright. I got nothing against the riders, as long as they're not d bags. But that's where my respect ends when it comes to oss.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

4/21/2014 9:37 PM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

Dude i thought i was the only one who thought that (talking about the last part of his post) he literally seems like he just follows everyone around

Guess not homie lol. He is a lurker. I see him everywhere. Like he has nothing better to do so he tags along with riders.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short