Thoughts on WeThePeople

Related:
Create New Tag

1/28/2021 3:45 PM

Hi there I cant be the only one wondering where all the WTP Bikes are as I rarely see them at skateparks and on youtube videos.

|

1/28/2021 4:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/28/2021 4:01 PM

They seem to sell out really quick. I dont see many of them either, maybe its just a UK thing, and a lot of US and Europe guys get them. WTP is my favourite frame brand.

|

1/28/2021 4:03 PM

Michael Cranston wrote:

They seem to sell out really quick. I dont see many of them either, maybe its just a UK thing, and a lot of US and Europe guys ...more

Yeah I love wethepeople to its my favourite but I am just confused on why I don't see them often at skateparks and on youtube. I have only seen about 4 in my life apart from mine

|

1/28/2021 4:47 PM

I think they do really well in europe, seems difficult to see a lot of retailers even carry their stuff

The wtp,eclat stuff is the best in the game imo

|

1/28/2021 4:48 PM

Michael Cranston wrote:

They seem to sell out really quick. I dont see many of them either, maybe its just a UK thing, and a lot of US and Europe guys ...more

Will16Wagstaff wrote:

Yeah I love wethepeople to its my favourite but I am just confused on why I don't see them often at skateparks and on youtube. ...more

i've seen a few people on Battleships at Corby (the indoor), but theres only one other guy apart from myself who is semi local to me who rides one. i've had about 6 WTP frames now haha, but you are right about not seeing them often.

|

1/28/2021 4:52 PM

Michael Cranston wrote:

They seem to sell out really quick. I dont see many of them either, maybe its just a UK thing, and a lot of US and Europe guys ...more

Will16Wagstaff wrote:

Yeah I love wethepeople to its my favourite but I am just confused on why I don't see them often at skateparks and on youtube. ...more

Michael Cranston wrote:

i've seen a few people on Battleships at Corby (the indoor), but theres only one other guy apart from myself who is semi local ...more

Jesus 6!! I have only had a wethepeople trust and a BSD custom I have now. But I bought both of those second hand so I can keep up with my other hobbies but I have finally got enough money together to either buy a wtp envy complete or a custom. But I have decided on the envy for now as my local is doing 10 percent off and its a good bike for its price anyway.

|

1/28/2021 7:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/28/2021 7:18 PM

The Germans make great stuff , eclat wtp radio all solid hi end aftermarket stuff , I see them all the time in Canada

|

1/28/2021 7:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/28/2021 7:12 PM

I've been to several bike shops in the last few months when I was shopping for myself and have never seen a WTP bike at any of the shops or anyone riding one for that matter. I think they are more popular in Europe but seem more niche in the States. Generally speaking, kids go by what's popular and the whole bandwagon thing. I almost went with the Envy when I was looking for a complete. It's a top quality bike, no doubt.

|

1/28/2021 7:23 PM

Vic707b wrote:

I've been to several bike shops in the last few months when I was shopping for myself and have never seen a WTP bike at any of ...more

I think they're great but all I see in shops is Sunday, Haro and Subrosa. Too bad...

|

1/28/2021 8:03 PM

There's quite a few here in MN. But we also have QBP here which most out local shops get their stuff from soo being as Q is a big wtp distro for USA it makes sense.

|

1/28/2021 8:36 PM

Michael Cranston wrote:

They seem to sell out really quick. I dont see many of them either, maybe its just a UK thing, and a lot of US and Europe guys ...more

Tons of them up here in Edmonton.

|

1/28/2021 10:43 PM

eskimojay wrote:

The Germans make great stuff , eclat wtp radio all solid hi end aftermarket stuff , I see them all the time in Canada

Made in Taiwan

|

1/28/2021 10:45 PM

It’s probably a regional thing. There’s probably more in Bristol/Wales because of Jordan Goodwin. Just like how everyone here loves federal because I’m close to Hastings

|

1/28/2021 11:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/28/2021 11:48 PM

eskimojay wrote:

The Germans make great stuff , eclat wtp radio all solid hi end aftermarket stuff , I see them all the time in Canada

.pegless. wrote:

Made in Taiwan

German designed made in China , Just like how the grey was designed in the uk made in Bingham...... oh wait never mind , made in Canada now ?

|

1/28/2021 11:59 PM

eskimojay wrote:

The Germans make great stuff , eclat wtp radio all solid hi end aftermarket stuff , I see them all the time in Canada

.pegless. wrote:

Made in Taiwan

How you going to shit talk a German designed company with a full range of bikes for being made in Taiwan when your a dude in the uk with one hard product and your shit is made in Canada 🤣 my country lol
Photo

|

1/29/2021 12:06 AM

Not quite sure how saying "made in taiwan" is talking shit? But fuck nothing good comes from Canada place and people are there are absolute garbage. How could you do us like that Steve? 😔 how could you opt to have things made in Canada to provide jobs to people that will be paired a fair wage compared to what those in Taiwan factories would be getting paid. It is absolutely disgusting. Next time you plan on having something made in Canada or the usa don't clearly you must only have things made in Taiwan or else the cock weasels will cry at you.

|

1/29/2021 12:13 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/29/2021 12:16 AM

blizzbikes wrote:

Not quite sure how saying "made in taiwan" is talking shit? But fuck nothing good comes from Canada place and people are there ...more

Dude should have went made in Taiwan, Trudeau probably would have gave him a government grant , he loves giving Canadians money away to foreign countries , would have been the cheaper option , you are a fool If you don’t believe me , where do you think miron went for macneil ?

|

1/29/2021 12:18 AM

eskimojay wrote:

The Germans make great stuff , eclat wtp radio all solid hi end aftermarket stuff , I see them all the time in Canada

.pegless. wrote:

Made in Taiwan

eskimojay wrote:

How you going to shit talk a German designed company with a full range of bikes for being made in Taiwan when your a dude in ...more

I’m not shit talking anything for being made in Taiwan you retard. I’m correcting you.

|

1/29/2021 12:23 AM

blizzbikes wrote:

Not quite sure how saying "made in taiwan" is talking shit? But fuck nothing good comes from Canada place and people are there ...more

eskimojay wrote:

Dude should have went made in Taiwan, Trudeau probably would have gave him a government grant , he loves giving Canadians ...more

Sooo Trudeau who took office in 2015 is the reason Macniel has been made in Taiwan since its founding in 2004? Is he a fucking wizard? Or a time traveler? Photo

|

1/29/2021 12:29 AM

.pegless. wrote:

Made in Taiwan

eskimojay wrote:

How you going to shit talk a German designed company with a full range of bikes for being made in Taiwan when your a dude in ...more

.pegless. wrote:

I’m not shit talking anything for being made in Taiwan you retard. I’m correcting you.

You sell enough sprockets yet for what miron sells one hand crafted chair for ? Your overpaying to have your stuff made in Canada , maybe you could learn something from the Germans

|

1/29/2021 12:41 AM

So I'm confused is Miron making his chairs in taiwan? Omg does Macniel have their own chairs now? I have to check this out.

|

1/29/2021 12:48 AM

eskimojay wrote:

How you going to shit talk a German designed company with a full range of bikes for being made in Taiwan when your a dude in ...more

.pegless. wrote:

I’m not shit talking anything for being made in Taiwan you retard. I’m correcting you.

eskimojay wrote:

You sell enough sprockets yet for what miron sells one hand crafted chair for ? Your overpaying to have your stuff made in ...more

Learn something about business and manufacturing before you chat shit. There’s such a thing as moq (minimum order quantity), and shipping and import. I didn’t pay any tax on those sprockets, they were only marginally more expensive than the V1 (which were made here, in the UK). If I had them made in Taiwan, I’d have to get a lot more made, and I’d be charged more for shipping, and I’d have to pay tax on it.

I didn’t start theGrey to make money. It’s made quite a few people stoked, and it pays for itself. That’s all I want from it.

What have you done?

|

1/29/2021 12:50 AM

.pegless. wrote:

I’m not shit talking anything for being made in Taiwan you retard. I’m correcting you.

eskimojay wrote:

You sell enough sprockets yet for what miron sells one hand crafted chair for ? Your overpaying to have your stuff made in ...more

.pegless. wrote:

Learn something about business and manufacturing before you chat shit. There’s such a thing as moq (minimum order quantity), ...more

But the chairs that Miron hand makes in taiwan sell for a lot apparently. You should have taken a page from his book and just gotten chairs made man.

|

1/29/2021 12:52 AM

eskimojay wrote:

You sell enough sprockets yet for what miron sells one hand crafted chair for ? Your overpaying to have your stuff made in ...more

.pegless. wrote:

Learn something about business and manufacturing before you chat shit. There’s such a thing as moq (minimum order quantity), ...more

blizzbikes wrote:

But the chairs that Miron hand makes in taiwan sell for a lot apparently. You should have taken a page from his book and just ...more

Yeah you’re right. Anyone that makes bmx parts is wasting their time. We need more chairs

|

1/29/2021 1:10 AM

.pegless. wrote:

It’s probably a regional thing. There’s probably more in Bristol/Wales because of Jordan Goodwin. Just like how everyone here ...more

you're very likely correct. theres a couple of people who ride for Volume UK near me, so i see a bunch of people on volume setups.

|

1/29/2021 4:20 AM

blizzbikes wrote:

There's quite a few here in MN. But we also have QBP here which most out local shops get their stuff from soo being as Q is a ...more

This.

It also depends on the locals. Around here when a couple kids got Fits, suddenly everyone had them. Then it switched. A local was on the Radio Am team for a year and suddenly a whole bunch of kids had them.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/29/2021 6:19 AM

.pegless. wrote:

Learn something about business and manufacturing before you chat shit. There’s such a thing as moq (minimum order quantity), ...more

blizzbikes wrote:

But the chairs that Miron hand makes in taiwan sell for a lot apparently. You should have taken a page from his book and just ...more

.pegless. wrote:

Yeah you’re right. Anyone that makes bmx parts is wasting their time. We need more chairs

You could make seats cause that’s kinda like both

|

1/29/2021 6:39 AM

I kinda just see them as a complete bike brand. I would never be caught with WTP stuff on my bike.

|

1/29/2021 6:41 AM

Super-Pawl wrote:

I kinda just see them as a complete bike brand. I would never be caught with WTP stuff on my bike.

really? I think WTP is one the top bmx brands

|

1/29/2021 7:10 AM

i like wtp and eclat, but i just dont really vibe with them. i'm more of the punk rock/ heavy metal, bone deth and S&M kinda person, and companies like wtp are marketed more towards trendy street guys with their freecoasters and foot high ledges. i would feel safe on the bike, but i just choose not to buy them because i don't like the style

|