Thoughts on in bound lacing

Related:
Create New Tag

7/17/2013 1:41 PM

My friend told me if i get the chance to i should in bound lace my wheel for extra spoke protection and less stress on the hub shell where the spokes always leave marks

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

7/17/2013 2:24 PM

My two cents is that's it's fucking stupid. My view is someone buys and $80 hub and then specially laced it because they're too cheap to buy guards just so then can grind all over their brand new hub and destroy it and buy a new one on 3 months because they won't buy a $15 guard.

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

7/17/2013 2:31 PM

FreddyDapice wrote:

My two cents is that's it's fucking stupid. My view is someone buys and $80 hub and then specially laced it because they're too cheap to buy guards just so then can grind all over their brand new hub and destroy it and buy a new one on 3 months because they won't buy a $15 guard.

Some hubs don't have guards to fit them. I kept snapping spokes when I got my demolition/sun front wheel back in Christmas 2008, couldn't find a hub guard for it cause female hubs were becoming a thing & I refuse to ride a GLAND (inb4 shit storm of comments asking why) so I just laced them all inbound on that side and since then, I've broken maybe 3 spokes tops. The rest of the 33 spokes on my bike today are the same ones. I went through a few hubs though just out of preference & bending axles & just wanting to switch to female hubs & currently I have the Demo Mary-Kate with a hub guard, still laced inbound for maximum spoke protection. Lacing it inbound moves the spokes further away from the ledge while grinding so you don't grind up the middle of the spokes as much. Granted there's still grind damage but they're still kickin'

|

7/17/2013 2:46 PM

I met like using a guard as well

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

7/17/2013 2:57 PM

Inbound with a guard is as safe as it gets. Guard protects your hub and then the spokes all being inside are out of the way. I've done it and its quite easy. I prefer it as well just been too lazy to lace my javelin like that

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

7/17/2013 3:18 PM

I may consider doing this on both my wheels in the future

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

7/17/2013 4:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/17/2013 9:03 PM

OneEyeIlluminatiGuy wrote:

I may consider doing this on both my wheels in the future

And we await the thread where you say in bound lacing is a failure.

|

7/17/2013 5:45 PM

OneEyeIlluminatiGuy wrote:

I may consider doing this on both my wheels in the future

Fondue wrote:

And we await the thread where you say in bound lacing is a failure.

lol totally coming

|

7/17/2013 5:59 PM

Actually I've done it before just wanted to know if it's actually okay to do or does it cause more issues than its worth, at the time I threw my bike allot and suffered from deep depression because I had to deal with allot of screaming and yelling all kinds of stupid drama because my mom's birthday was a coke/method head alcoholic so I went through allot of verbal abuse and I was never taught how to defend my self growing up without a dad in a fucked up area I had to teach my self allot of things, I've had it hard most of my life and lately I seem to snap over the tiniest things, beat his fucking head with an old seat post with a grip on the end when I final snapped

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

7/18/2013 3:14 AM

OneEyeIlluminatiGuy wrote:

Actually I've done it before just wanted to know if it's actually okay to do or does it cause more issues than its worth, at the time I threw my bike allot and suffered from deep depression because I had to deal with allot of screaming and yelling all kinds of stupid drama because my mom's birthday was a coke/method head alcoholic so I went through allot of verbal abuse and I was never taught how to defend my self growing up without a dad in a fucked up area I had to teach my self allot of things, I've had it hard most of my life and lately I seem to snap over the tiniest things, beat his fucking head with an old seat post with a grip on the end when I final snapped

...
|

Stupidity, outrage, vanity, cruelty, iniquity, bad faith, falsehood - we fail to see the whole array when it is facing in the same direction as we.
-- Jean Rostand

7/18/2013 7:30 AM

OneEyeIlluminatiGuy wrote:

Actually I've done it before just wanted to know if it's actually okay to do or does it cause more issues than its worth, at the time I threw my bike allot and suffered from deep depression because I had to deal with allot of screaming and yelling all kinds of stupid drama because my mom's birthday was a coke/method head alcoholic so I went through allot of verbal abuse and I was never taught how to defend my self growing up without a dad in a fucked up area I had to teach my self allot of things, I've had it hard most of my life and lately I seem to snap over the tiniest things, beat his fucking head with an old seat post with a grip on the end when I final snapped

I found something worth looking at Photo

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

7/18/2013 2:05 PM

OneEyeIlluminatiGuy wrote:

Actually I've done it before just wanted to know if it's actually okay to do or does it cause more issues than its worth, at the time I threw my bike allot and suffered from deep depression because I had to deal with allot of screaming and yelling all kinds of stupid drama because my mom's birthday was a coke/method head alcoholic so I went through allot of verbal abuse and I was never taught how to defend my self growing up without a dad in a fucked up area I had to teach my self allot of things, I've had it hard most of my life and lately I seem to snap over the tiniest things, beat his fucking head with an old seat post with a grip on the end when I final snapped

Jèff_Béckförd wrote: ...

OneEyeIlluminatiGuy wrote:

I found something worth looking at Photo

Lol...and that blows man btw whats this in bound spoke lacing thing?...dont really know all about that shit only know how to regularly lace a rim

|

Don't tell me how to live my life!

I failed the life test...

7/18/2013 2:07 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/18/2013 2:10 PM

ill get the pic from when I did it if i can find it

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

7/18/2013 2:11 PM

cant find it but here's one from google
[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

7/18/2013 3:19 PM

I think inbound makes sense if you don't ride guards, otherwise not really, still interesting though, I might give it a try in the future.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

7/18/2013 5:56 PM

Meaning all the spokes are inward instead of out? that's kinda cool hell I might do it one of these days,

|

Don't tell me how to live my life!

I failed the life test...

7/18/2013 6:26 PM

I think it looks really good and if you're gonna use it with a hubguard you might never break a spoke from grinding ever again

|

I don't support slut shaming, but I do support snake shaming you snaky bastard

7/18/2013 7:11 PM

hmuifulikefriedchicken wrote:

I think it looks really good and if you're gonna use it with a hubguard you might never break a spoke from grinding ever again

You won't. As I said above, I never ever break spokes. I've broken maybe 3, 2 from landing weird out of like a manual 180 or something, don't remember, and 1 from fucking up a 180 to backwards smith grind. Completely missed the ledge and the edge of the ledge destroyed a nipple & the end of the spoke haha.

|

7/18/2013 11:54 PM

this makes me wonder is there out bound lacing and would it make your wheel stronger

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

7/19/2013 10:16 AM

Albes told be it makes the overall wheel strength less so I'm gonna pass on the in bound lacing

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.