Thoughts on nylon hubguards?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/29/2017 7:05 AM

I am thinking about buying nylon hubguards for Drive side and front. I am really skeptical about them holding up .
I really dont want to waste money if they suddenly break on impact or something else. Also they dont have an inner metal core .

|

9/29/2017 6:16 PM

Watch_Doge wrote:

I am thinking about buying nylon hubguards for Drive side and front. I am really skeptical about them holding up .
I really ...more

I used the same set of GSports front and back for 2 years and only changed them cuz I wanted fresher looking ones. They're lighter and protect more of your spokes. Kinda ugly though tbh lol. I'm still using them though. I think you'll Be very satisfied with them.

|

9/30/2017 12:52 AM

Sean_Goff wrote:

I used the same set of GSports front and back for 2 years and only changed them cuz I wanted fresher looking ones. They're ...more

Are you talking about GLANDS ? I would use them but they dont sell them here. And i want somthing that goes on the hub and i need something for drive side too.

|

10/1/2017 6:31 AM

Watch_Doge wrote:

I really ...more

Sean_Goff wrote:

I used the same set of GSports front and back for 2 years and only changed them cuz I wanted fresher looking ones. They're ...more

Watch_Doge wrote:

Are you talking about GLANDS ? I would use them but they dont sell them here. And i want somthing that goes on the hub and i ...more

Yes. I believe that's what they're called. Based on what you're saying, I believe Glands are not your jam then. Lol

|

10/2/2017 1:25 PM

I have a Primo DSG in plastic that has handled both drive side (non-dominant) and non-drive grinds (dominant). It's like 2 years old and still going. I don't grind a ton and rarely hit rough stuff though.

I have the nylon style guards that came with my Gsport hub.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura