Ti axels

Related:
Create New Tag

12/26/2019 6:17 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/26/2019 6:17 AM

Alright so I want to get a ti axel and ti driver for my z coaster, but people say that they snap ti axels a lot grinding but my theory is that if I get a female ti axel and ride a cromo bolt, the bolt is more likely to snap then the axel. Is that theory correct? Because if you think about it, if you ride a female axel your bolt takes all the force from grinding. Thanks in advance to anyone that can help!! And merry Christmas and happy new year!

|

just living with autism and riding bikes

12/26/2019 7:46 AM

If the internal axle is ti and the bolts are chromo I think it would be fine

Wish they would make a ti internal axle for the clutch lol

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

12/26/2019 10:01 AM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

If the internal axle is ti and the bolts are chromo I think it would be fine

Wish they would make a ti internal axle for the clutch lol

Lol that’s why I got rid of mine tbh

|

12/26/2019 10:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/26/2019 6:00 PM

I would suggest running case-hardened or chromo bolts with titanium axles regardless, because titanium on titanium seems to gall up quite a bit. Definitely put an anti seize Compound on it

|

12/27/2019 5:26 PM

Are you needing to replace the axle or just wanting the weight savings of titanium? If weight is the main concern, I would recommend plastic sleeved pegs with an aluminum core over a titanium axle. It would end up being about the same price of the axle to get 4 new pegs.

Reducing weight further away from the center of the bike will also make the bike feel lighter and more maneuverable.

I dented an aluminum peg recently but overall I have been extremely pleased with the durability of aluminum pegs with plastic sleeves as long as you rotate and change the sleeves out when the plastic gets thin enough to expose the core.

All this being said, the titanium axle will probably be fine and last a lifetime If you end up going that route or already run aluminum pegs.

|

12/27/2019 8:41 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

Are you needing to replace the axle or just wanting the weight savings of titanium? If weight is the main concern, I would recommend plastic sleeved pegs with an aluminum core over a titanium axle. It would end up being about the same price of the axle to get 4 new pegs.

Reducing weight further away from the center of the bike will also make the bike feel lighter and more maneuverable.

I dented an aluminum peg recently but overall I have been extremely pleased with the durability of aluminum pegs with plastic sleeves as long as you rotate and change the sleeves out when the plastic gets thin enough to expose the core.

All this being said, the titanium axle will probably be fine and last a lifetime If you end up going that route or already run aluminum pegs.

Thanks bro, I will look into it!

|

12/31/2019 9:08 AM

I run the ti axle and driver on my z coaster and the only problem I've encountered is that the axle nut (steel) doesnt want to stay tight.

|

Maintenance guy at The Railyard Bike Park in Rogers, Arkansas

facebook.com/TheRailyardAR/
Insta @the_railyard

facebook.com/tedhuie
Insta @ted_danger

12/31/2019 9:16 AM

Use lots of anti seize on anything that contacts titanium otherwise they will seize up

|

I like riding my bike.