Ti spokes?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/4/2011 8:53 AM

I need new wheels desprately. i have a set but whoever built them built them all wrong with the wrong materials, therefore my rim is messed up do to the lack of support from the spokes. Either way, these wheels are top priority. While i cant afford all of the spokes now i was wondering igf theyd be a worthwile upgrade. Any ideas?

|

1/4/2011 8:57 AM

I ran ti spokes for years when I was pegless and riding shows, I dont think I could do it now... or pay for them

Very expensive with not a huge loss in weight

|

twitter

PROBZ

1/4/2011 8:57 AM

Ti Spokes suck dick.
dont be a weight weenie.
get some shadow triple butted

|

I'm Fat, so what?
50 REFS!!!!!
TRAILER TRASH
BSD TRAILORPARK 21.1 Almost mint FOR SALE!!!! TEXT ME
if u need to talk to me
708 336 1697

1/4/2011 9:00 AM

Wade. wrote:

Ti Spokes suck dick.
dont be a weight weenie.

triple butted still sounds pretty weight weenieish to me...

just get some DT Swiss

|

twitter

PROBZ

1/4/2011 9:15 AM

Wade. wrote:

Ti Spokes suck dick.
dont be a weight weenie.

BJ Tomczik wrote:

just get some DT Swiss

triple butted are stronger

|

I'm Fat, so what?
50 REFS!!!!!
TRAILER TRASH
BSD TRAILORPARK 21.1 Almost mint FOR SALE!!!! TEXT ME
if u need to talk to me
708 336 1697

1/4/2011 10:05 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/4/2011 10:09 AM

Wade. wrote:

Ti Spokes suck dick.
dont be a weight weenie.

BJ Tomczik wrote:

just get some DT Swiss

Wade. wrote:

tripple butted spoke are just as heavy as 14g...

|

refs: Spikez5, cokacola, dacumup213 (x2), josh estey, Blake El Gingero, naters14, Harry95, pcoco, hattrckhcky, bstick, kevinl, Sunday.bmx21, dgisback, iridebmxeveryday, I RIDE

1/4/2011 10:23 AM

Wade. wrote:

Ti Spokes suck dick.
dont be a weight weenie.

BJ Tomczik wrote:

just get some DT Swiss

this

|

REFS: Drnwag irideafly sunday.bmx21 8=D xlilkillaluc15x Dennis916 Blake El Gingero mattjmuldoon@hotmail.com netty speghetti kr00253 bstick Dudeisdrumer109

pcoco ticaleb

1/4/2011 10:26 AM

Wade. wrote:

Ti Spokes suck dick.
dont be a weight weenie.

BJ Tomczik wrote:

just get some DT Swiss

vanny wrote:

this

TRIPPLE BUTTED SPOKES ARE HEAVIER THAN DT SWISS DBL BTTD!!

|

refs: Spikez5, cokacola, dacumup213 (x2), josh estey, Blake El Gingero, naters14, Harry95, pcoco, hattrckhcky, bstick, kevinl, Sunday.bmx21, dgisback, iridebmxeveryday, I RIDE

1/4/2011 11:19 AM

I would ride ti spokes if i got them for free but if i had to pay for them i wouldn't because they are too expensive

|

1/4/2011 2:38 PM

I would take the strength advantage of a DT swiss over the fraction of weight savings with triple butted...

aren't the triple butted spokes really double butted, just thinner then a normal double butted in the butted part? A truely triple butted spoke would go thin, then thick, then back to thin, then back to normal.

|

twitter

PROBZ

1/4/2011 2:38 PM

Wade. wrote:

Ti Spokes suck dick.
dont be a weight weenie.

BJ Tomczik wrote:

just get some DT Swiss

Wade. wrote:

prove it

|

twitter

PROBZ

1/4/2011 4:04 PM

BJ Tomczik wrote:

I ran ti spokes for years when I was pegless and riding shows, I dont think I could do it now... or pay for them

thanks for the advice man!!! If you dont mind me asking, what kind of shows did you ride?

|

1/4/2011 4:20 PM

BJ Tomczik wrote:

awkwardstyle36 wrote:

thanks for the advice man!!! If you dont mind me asking, what kind of shows did you ride?

this!

|

I ride Eastern!
Eastern-Shadow-Cult-Kink-Odyssey-Primo-Snafu-Tioga-Kmc-Nitrous-Hoffmann-Fsa-Stolen
^ My bike's brands!
Grant Giesey: Eastern Tramp Frame, Gyro, Occasionally 4 pegs, 20.5lbs without pegs
refs: Bstick X2, ScramHype, future FBM, BEATASSDICKwink

1/4/2011 4:29 PM

I heard you could kick in Ti spokeswith your foot..

|

1/4/2011 4:32 PM

karanrides wrote:

I heard you could kick in Ti spokeswith your foot..

you can kick in any spokes with your foot...

|

1/4/2011 4:37 PM

brianoob wrote:

you can kick in any spokes with your foot...

Let me rephrase that, " I heard you could kick in Ti spokes without a lot of effort because I heard they were brittle" .. Want a cookie tough guy?

|

1/4/2011 4:55 PM

BJ Tomczik wrote:

awkwardstyle36 wrote:

box jumps shows for a few different people, circus tricks

|

twitter

PROBZ

1/4/2011 4:59 PM

Useless.

|

BIKE CHECK ♥
Albe's is where it's at!
Chicago, Illinois, - Deep up in the ghetto.

1/4/2011 5:18 PM

Bmxallday125 wrote:

Useless.

and so are you. now GTFO

|

40+ Reffs on my profile Hit it up
IM LEGIT I'VE BEEN HERE SINCE 08' NIGGA

I AM BACKAGAIN4thTIME...
I ♥ yaya2893

1/4/2011 5:28 PM

Bmxallday125 wrote:

Useless.

Blake El Gingero wrote:

and so are you. now GTFO

At least I can get up outta my seat , you ginger fat fuck, wished I lived over there I would go and break your windows

|

BIKE CHECK ♥
Albe's is where it's at!

1/4/2011 5:30 PM

Bmxallday125 wrote:

Useless.

Blake El Gingero wrote:

and so are you. now GTFO

Bmxallday125 wrote:

At least I can get up outta my seat , you ginger fat fuck, wished I lived over there I would go and break your windows

and a nigger would pop out and shoot you. old news bro.

|

I AM BACKAGAIN4thTIME...
I ♥ yaya2893

1/4/2011 5:30 PM

No he wouldn't fatass.

|

BIKE CHECK ♥
Albe's is where it's at!

1/4/2011 5:32 PM

Bmxallday125 wrote:

No he wouldn't fatass.

you bet he would.

|

I AM BACKAGAIN4thTIME...
I ♥ yaya2893

1/4/2011 5:33 PM

Triple butted spokes are truly better than a staight gauge spoke. While they don't save weight, they add strength. The thickest section at the hub flange fully fills the spoke hole in the hub. That decreases the movement of the spokes in the hub, which lengthens the life of the spoke. The thinnest section provides increased elasticity, which allows the wheel to move further and bounce back without breaking.

|

Wait............what?

1/4/2011 5:40 PM

only if you like dick up the ass

|

BIKE CHECK!
BEEN HERE SINCE 07 TRUE OG
if you’re pegs ain’t steel, you ain’t real
refs- way to many just ask around
FLICKR
CRAZY MAAZY

1/4/2011 6:03 PM

BJ Tomczik wrote:

I would take the strength advantage of a DT swiss over the fraction of weight savings with triple butted...

aren't the triple butted spokes really double butted, just thinner then a normal double butted in the butted part? A truely triple butted spoke would go thin, then thick, then back to thin, then back to normal.

Pretty sure they're 13g at the head, 15g in the middle, and 14g at the ends to use normal nipples.

To the OP, any kind of 14g straight gauge spokes are better than Ti in a strength to cost way.

|

1/5/2011 9:43 AM

Yo! Most of our team guys are on Ti spokes. They hold up much better than I would have guessed. They do help a lot as far as rotating weight goes. Whether it's worth the money though is a whole other question. For just a few extra ounces you can go with the USA Brand spokes we sell. They are just as good if not better than ANY of the overpriced name brand spokes out and WAY cheaper.

hope that helps

--flip

p.s. Double butted and triple butted are a complete waste. MAYBE a gram or two of weight savings but lots of strength loss from regular spokes.

|

1/5/2011 9:46 AM

Albes BMX Mail Order wrote:

Yo! Most of our team guys are on Ti spokes. They hold up much better than I would have guessed. They do help a lot as far as rotating weight goes. Whether it's worth the money though is a whole other question. For just a few extra ounces you can go with the USA Brand spokes we sell. They are just as good if not better than ANY of the overpriced name brand spokes out and WAY cheaper.

hope that helps

--flip

p.s. Double butted and triple butted are a complete waste. MAYBE a gram or two of weight savings but lots of strength loss from regular spokes.

Albes knows

|

1/5/2011 9:52 AM

Albes BMX Mail Order wrote:

hope that helps

--flip

Booshy wrote:

Albes knows

thats whatsup.

|