Tight AF for money, is this front wheel OK?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/4/2020 12:26 AM

https://alansbmx.com/collections/wheels-wheel-parts/products/gt-bmx-sealed-front-wheel

I don't know what it means by suitable "if you have a looseball front wheel that comes with most completes"

Thinking of getting it because cheap AF, I need a front wheel to ride ASAP and it's double wall allegedly.

Thanks,
Mad

|

Control of my bars helps me feel in control of my life.

7/4/2020 12:39 AM

Yeah its sealed bearing and double wall so it would be good for the money i reckon

|

U WOT M9

7/4/2020 12:40 AM

And its half the usual price

|

U WOT M9

7/4/2020 12:41 AM

Aussie steez wrote:

And its half the usual price

Right on Aussie. Thanks brother. What about the loose ball gibberish what does that mean?

|

Control of my bars helps me feel in control of my life.

7/4/2020 12:45 AM

Aussie steez wrote:

And its half the usual price

Mad Mars wrote:

Right on Aussie. Thanks brother. What about the loose ball gibberish what does that mean?

Well loose ball just means the bearing is all individual balls which is usually just on cheaper entry level hubs and it is also really annoying to service. Sealed bearing is on nicer hubs and it is always an upgrade from loose ball

|

U WOT M9

7/4/2020 12:47 AM

I would definately buy this wheel for the price

|

U WOT M9

7/4/2020 5:36 PM

Looks good.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

7/4/2020 6:05 PM

Aussie steez wrote:

And its half the usual price

Mad Mars wrote:

Right on Aussie. Thanks brother. What about the loose ball gibberish what does that mean?

They are saying that this wheel would be a good upgrade if you have a lower end complete because more than likely the front wheel has a loose ball (unsealed) hub and a single wall rim.

|

7/4/2020 7:35 PM

How much is that in US dollars? Double wall and sealed bearings in the States would be at the lowest $64. Anything under that would be a great deal.

|

7/4/2020 8:20 PM

FrmDaLeftCoast wrote:

How much is that in US dollars? Double wall and sealed bearings in the States would be at the lowest $64. Anything under that ...more

$62 US

|

U WOT M9

7/5/2020 3:13 AM

Cheers guys will prob cop it then.

|

Control of my bars helps me feel in control of my life.

7/5/2020 1:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/5/2020 1:27 PM

|

7/6/2020 12:35 AM

ACBMX wrote:

If you ride and don't care how it looks (like, proper rider) then this is better and cheaper.

...more

I actually ended up ordering the black with red hub Savage. It's dbl wall and so cheap that I don't even care if its bad. Thanks for everything!

|

Control of my bars helps me feel in control of my life.

7/6/2020 6:38 AM

ACBMX wrote:

If you ride and don't care how it looks (like, proper rider) then this is better and cheaper.

...more

Mad Mars wrote:

I actually ended up ordering the black with red hub Savage. It's dbl wall and so cheap that I don't even care if its bad. ...more

It won't be any worse than that GT fella. As long as it is sealed and double wall the rest usually doesn't matter.

Moore Large are a distro. I ran a BMX shop for two years back in the 90s, so I dealt with them a lot. That is why it is so cheap, as they have no middleman.

I run a few Savage components. They make nice bar ends and stuff. Nothing wrong with it tbh.

Enjoy man !

|

7/7/2020 12:20 AM

ACBMX wrote:

If you ride and don't care how it looks (like, proper rider) then this is better and cheaper.

...more

Mad Mars wrote:

I actually ended up ordering the black with red hub Savage. It's dbl wall and so cheap that I don't even care if its bad. ...more

ACBMX wrote:

It won't be any worse than that GT fella. As long as it is sealed and double wall the rest usually doesn't matter.

Moore ...more

Thanks for your help. Tbh at first glance the Savage front wheel you suggested looks like it could be worth £100 or more in terms of specs.

I can't really see there being much difference between this and the better known brands apart from just the branding itself. But mechanically surely the wheel's metal and set up is not too different, the way they build them in the factory anyway. Pretty happy with the buy!

|

Control of my bars helps me feel in control of my life.