Tips for 48 spline cranks

Related:
Create New Tag

5/2/2010 11:08 AM

So I finally stepped up to the plate ad bought some new cranks
(profiles lol) and I have always hated 48 spline and I can never get them to work so I need sone tips or a full guideline on how to getthe crank arms on w/o getting the arms stuck haha I feel like a noob but I do need serious answers tanks booz

|

40+ Reffs on my profile Hit it up
IM LEGIT I'VE BEEN HERE SINCE 08' NIGGA

I AM BACKAGAIN4thTIME...
I ♥ yaya2893

5/2/2010 11:08 AM

grease splines on arms and spindles alot so they dont cold weld on

|

united states army

refs:nshs2010, carjakester,8=D,orgy,dallybiker45,RedCrayon,Southernrider,thor_davis, Andysubrosa8,gstring02,dirtjumper202,bdk1313,blake el gingero(x2)

5/2/2010 11:09 AM

your fucking retarded.

|

.Trinity Bikes Freestyle team.
.Ride for fun, its what matters.
4 years in this shit SWAGGGGG$$$$$$##

"I'd punch a little kid dead in the face if he came at me with a knife, I don't care how old you are, don't fuck with me. "

5/2/2010 11:12 AM

funtington wrote:

your fucking retarded.

Atleast I know what boosting is...

|

I AM BACKAGAIN4thTIME...
I ♥ yaya2893

5/2/2010 11:12 AM

anti seize duhhh

|

5/2/2010 11:15 AM

funtington wrote:

your fucking retarded.

Blake El Gingero wrote:

in reference to stealing cars?

|

united states army

refs:nshs2010, carjakester,8=D,orgy,dallybiker45,RedCrayon,Southernrider,thor_davis, Andysubrosa8,gstring02,dirtjumper202,bdk1313,blake el gingero(x2)

5/2/2010 11:17 AM

Another boob Q... Hit the crank with a mallet if it starts to stick?

|

I AM BACKAGAIN4thTIME...
I ♥ yaya2893

5/2/2010 11:18 AM

funtington wrote:

your fucking retarded.

Blake El Gingero wrote:

prophet wrote:

in reference to stealing cars?

Nope in bmx

|

I AM BACKAGAIN4thTIME...
I ♥ yaya2893

5/2/2010 11:25 AM

funtington wrote:

your fucking retarded.

Blake El Gingero wrote:

as in cod boosting?

|

refs- Tommyboy,mandingo215, lobo173, prophet,iridebmxeveryday,ctbmx86,1of1547,Warchol2,white knight,branBMX94,JakeSalbert

Subscribe to me on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/user/senika5634?feature=mhee

5/2/2010 11:31 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/15/2016 2:17 AM

funtington wrote:

your fucking retarded.

Blake El Gingero wrote:

pretty sure that was directed toward me...

but anyway, before you even think about putting them on, grease the fuck out of the spindle. not just a little bit pretty much its like just take the spindle and dip the ends in a tube of grease (well not that much just be smart about it).

then you use the tool it came with, and put it on and it should be easy to figure out just screw it down so that it slowly goes onto the spindle.

sometimes i find it a good idea to grease up the spindle, put on the arm, take the arm off, put a little more grease on, put it back on, and take it off, and keep doing that a few times just so that its used to coming off easier.

works for me!

|

im alex, and i like to ride my bike.
MOTW 5/24/2010 - 5/30/2010.
BOTM february 2011.

5/2/2010 12:07 PM

funtington wrote:

your fucking retarded.

Blake El Gingero wrote:

vanillseatbmx wrote:

but anyway, before you even think about putting them on, grease the fuck out of the spindle. not just a little bit pretty much its like just take the spindle and dip the ends in a tube of grease (well not that much just be smart about it).

then you use the tool it came with, and put it on and it should be easy to figure out just screw it down so that it slowly goes onto the spindle.

sometimes i find it a good idea to grease up the spindle, put on the arm, take the arm off, put a little more grease on, put it back on, and take it off, and keep doing that a few times just so that its used to coming off easier.

works for me!

cranks dont have axles... they have spindles

|

ferthebirdz wrote: my pegs are called cranks..

5/2/2010 12:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/2/2010 12:12 PM

Thread in the crank puler (with the sleeve on) and tighten it with a cresent or socket until it won't thread anymore, then put the spindle bolt and tighten it until it stops, and that's pretty much it, to get them off thread the crank puller in (without the sleeve) then hit the crank puller with a hammer and it'l pop off. (I have Profiles too)

|

5/2/2010 12:12 PM

Do yourself a HUGE favor and get the puller.

|

Mostly peaceful posting on vital.

5/2/2010 1:28 PM

Blake El Gingero wrote:

vanillseatbmx wrote:

works for me!

brentrides wrote:

cranks dont have axles... they have spindles

sorry haha i meant spindle.

|

im alex, and i like to ride my bike.
MOTW 5/24/2010 - 5/30/2010.
BOTM february 2011.

5/2/2010 1:29 PM

stop being a girl and ride them

|

refs:spikez-mikelee-ScramHype-CGcaps-Droogskull-Blake El Gingero-hcpmichael

5/2/2010 1:55 PM

Like i said, i thought you were smart.

|

kobe bryant ready

5/2/2010 2:35 PM

Blake El Gingero wrote:

Another boob Q... Hit the crank with a mallet if it starts to stick?

make sure you make it clear, MALLET NOT HAMMER

n00bZ

|

refs: Spikez5, cokacola, dacumup213 (x2), josh estey, Blake El Gingero, naters14, Harry95, pcoco, hattrckhcky, bstick, kevinl, Sunday.bmx21, dgisback, iridebmxeveryday, I RIDE

5/2/2010 3:41 PM

put anti-seize on the splines so they don't cold weld or whatever it is that they do to get stuck. put them on. to get them off use a crank puller

|

crystal meth