Tips for getting a clutch 2 to spin

Related:
Create New Tag

9/20/2020 12:07 AM

Basically my clutch coaster isn’t spinning a full rotation even with a loose chain and pretty loose cranks. I tried greasing the internals but that didn’t help at all

|

smile

9/20/2020 8:31 AM

Like for crank flips? I should hope it rotates more than once when you’re riding around lol.

As far as I know there’s nothing you can do. My friend had an odyssey clutch as well and he’s tried pretty much everything, and that fucker just doesn’t work for crankflips. Just how it is. If you want to do crankflips get a different cassette, or a khe style freecoaster.

|

“Pegless and coaster is ultimate zen”
-Indiana Tom

9/22/2020 5:30 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/22/2020 5:32 AM

Clutch does suck for crankflips BUT.... the drag mech (spring) will make of break your ability to crank flip it well and consistent.

You can order another one and compare them, put of the one that rotates smoother on, clean out all the thick grease then lube up with tri flow chain lube. you will be able to crank flip. Max/more slack will also help as it will rotate around more before picking up that resistance.

I just met someone with a clutch that you could double crank flip. it was far smoother than any of mine. and he said he didn't do anything to it, just is really smooth.

I have 4 sets of internals for 2 hubs... they are a total mixed bag from ody.

|

9/22/2020 6:28 AM

How new is it? Mine didnt used to be able to rotate freely but after some months it loosened up.

|

9/22/2020 7:56 AM

white lithium grease

|

9/22/2020 3:14 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

How new is it? Mine didnt used to be able to rotate freely but after some months it loosened up.

It’s about 5-6 months old and barely spins once when the chain is basically slapping my frame and cranks are as loose as I can safely ride them

|

smile

9/22/2020 4:25 PM

Save yourself the headache and get a different hub...

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

9/22/2020 4:48 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Any recommendations? I’ve been looking at the cult one but I just want whatever is good for crankflips

|

smile

9/22/2020 4:59 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

PastaIsLitty wrote:

Any recommendations? I’ve been looking at the cult one but I just want whatever is good for crankflips

The Merritt one is really nice for crank flips because you can actually kind of set the drag on it with the dual lock nut it uses. Only thing is that it requires a special tool to set, and if it’s not set right then it can tighten itself down while riding & won’t spin very good.

Alternatively, I rode a Primo Freemix for a couple years and that was hands down the best Freecoaster I’ve ever had for durability and reliability. Flips good too. I wouldn’t mind trying their new 14mm FA coaster for my next one!

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx