Tips for longer manuals?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/12/2014 9:33 AM

Any tips or advice on getting a longer manual?

|

4/12/2014 10:04 AM

More speed! Easier to balance faster you are going

|

"Of course theyre compatible theyre cranks"

4/12/2014 10:04 AM

More speed! Easier to balance faster you are going

|

4/12/2014 10:08 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/12/2014 10:09 AM

Keep the arms locked straight. Your lower body should be in 'chair sitting' form.. more or less.
When you feel the front end dropping, thats when you poke your butt back to counter act.
When you feel too far back, almost looping out, bend your knees to bing weight forward to counter act.

And it just becomes a fight between those two basic motions. Longer distances require more frequent adjusting throughout. It's all about finding the sweet spot, and fighting to stay on the sweet spot. Just try not to over compensate. Tiny imbalances require only small adjustments. Overdoing it will make you lose the balance point.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

4/12/2014 10:17 AM

BMXism wrote:

Keep the arms locked straight. Your lower body should be in 'chair sitting' form.. more or less.
When you feel the front end ...more

thanks for the great advice man!

|

4/12/2014 10:22 AM

Oh and something else I balance way better when I focus on something in the distance and not the handlebars or the bike. Easier to feel the balance point when your eyes aren't trying to find it

|

4/13/2014 8:05 AM

PRACTICE A LOT.

When you got places, manual on the way. Best way to get good is to do it a lot.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/13/2014 8:53 AM

lower tire pressure. 60-70psi. ass to your back tire. people stand up straight when they do it and it pisses me off. then they complain that they can't do it

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

4/13/2014 12:44 PM

Just do them all the time and don't loop out or your knees are fucked

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

4/13/2014 12:47 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

PRACTICE A LOT.

When you got places, manual on the way. Best way to get good is to do it a lot.

THat. WHile doing manuals, i look my fornt tire or my handlebars, might sound pretty stupid, i can manual pretty long.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx