Tips for priming

Related:
Create New Tag

1/6/2014 6:29 PM

Anyone have any tips for priming? I just laid a thick coat and it's uneven in some places so I'm going to sand it down tomorrow. After that I plan on adding another coat of primer. Any tips on getting it even?

|

1/6/2014 6:49 PM

Clean the metal with a chemical (hydrogen peroxide, nail polish remover, paint thinner) and let that evaporate. The coat it LIGHTLY every 15-20mins.

Ffs. Theres instructions on the can, use them.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

1/6/2014 7:02 PM

Paint, sand, paint, sand paint, sand. repeat as often as you'd like

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

1/6/2014 7:41 PM

Raw the frame with sandpaper , use paint - remover overtop. Then , depending on what colour you use (say , matt green for example) spray a light WHITE base coat. Then spray 2 light coats of green , followed by one last one in decent amount. Then just clear coat evenly and you should be good !

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/6/2014 10:27 PM

light sandpaper. stripper. scrape it off. maybe more stripper. wipe down. light grit sandpaper. wipe down. let dry. then about 3 light coats of primer. be sure to hold the can about a foot away from it so its not heavy in one spot and runs. space each coat out about 20 minutes or so. depending on temp/humidity that day. after its completely covered. let it sit over night before you apply any other paint to it. to ensure it is DRY.

just be patient

|

"Forget 'today', 'today' is just tomorrow, disguised as yesterday"
TRANSPORTATION CHECK
Refs: ThrowAfit, 2funny4u, ridebmx456, spikez5, irideafly and a bunch of others, I'M LEGIT.
email= element4all@yahoo.com
facebook.
Instagram

1/7/2014 6:10 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Clean the metal with a chemical (hydrogen peroxide, nail polish remover, paint thinner) and let that evaporate. The coat it LIGHTLY every 15-20mins.

Ffs. Theres instructions on the can, use them.

This. Keep an even distance away from it while spraying, and GO SMOOTHLY, do not speed up/slow down your movement, flow your movement.

Light coats are best.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/7/2014 11:47 AM

Go slow on a warm sunny day. Nice even coats. Or just leave it raw or ratty

|

It’s all bmx