Tips for smoothing out a ride?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/8/2018 4:56 PM

Took the bike for its first ever spin, needless to say it could of gone better I seem nervous when riding it and I’m not sure why, wether it’s a new bike, or style of bike (I’m used to everyday style) I find it hard to relax, especially when peddling while standing, something admittedly I never have done before.

Obviously riding more is the best way to smooth it out more but is there any other tips that could make me grow a pair if that makes sense lol

|

6/8/2018 5:02 PM

You'll get used to it with time.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

6/8/2018 5:15 PM

Relax your eyes.

|

6/8/2018 7:10 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

You'll get used to it with time.

Yeah pretty much this... once you learn to stand up and ride, it's way more fun!

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

6/8/2018 7:32 PM

ThatAnxiousDragon wrote:

Took the bike for its first ever spin, needless to say it could of gone better I seem nervous when riding it and I’m not sure ...more

Make sure your bike fits you

|

6/8/2018 8:31 PM

Remind yourself to stay loose and stay centered and balanced over your bike while maneuvering, if you’re nervous or afraid (which is normal and will lessen with time, like anything else you get comfortable as things become second nature through repeated experience) your muscles and joints will be stiff and lock up and you’ll be making everything harder by creating a resistance against yourself. Also remember to use everything you can to your advantage and to practice with meaning, like if you’re having difficulties getting your bunnyhops up instead of beating a dead horse and getting down on yourself find a sidewalk crack to practice bump jumping or a curb cut to try and get some lift from. You can do it if you really want to but it’s also really easy for most people to quit because it is difficult and painful. In the end as worth it as anything can be if you’re intrinsically motivated.

|

account here is less about my and more about bike

6/9/2018 9:43 AM

ThatAnxiousDragon wrote:

Took the bike for its first ever spin, needless to say it could of gone better I seem nervous when riding it and I’m not sure ...more

There are no other tips or shortcuts, man. Just ride more. Ride off curbs, into grass, ride uphill and downhill. When it comes to balancing on a bike, speed always helps.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

6/9/2018 11:14 AM

Bike control is your friend for riding smooth. When you know by instinct how high to hop and how fast to go and don’t have to do run ups (Bitch runs). Then your on your way to becoming a smooth rider. After all the time I have rode I know what I can and can’t do. So I know in my head every single thing that happens without really thinking about it. If it’s something I am still working on then I still have to practice and then it probably won’t be really smooth yet. But hop to feeble to hard 180 on a ledge lower than bar high...no thought to it.

Practice and practice is key for bike control and being both better and smoother

|

6/9/2018 12:45 PM

Start with the basics and get really good at them ..trust me it will help more than anything..it might get boring but once you are bored with them, you know your ready to step it up. Practice hops, nollies, feebles and peg grinds, fakie hops and half cabs and 180s. If you practice all of these tricks all of the time and get then super dialed, then you will have a good foundation to add in tricks like an extra 180 making it a 360 or a half can bar or feeble 180 or 180 fakie bar halfcab out. Do this and don't be afraid to get hurt but don't be dumb. That's all the advice you can get. That and always be ready for the worst thing and if something bad happens don't give up. Bmx is too good to give up on am I right?

|

6/9/2018 7:54 PM

NateBrown62 wrote:

Start with the basics and get really good at them ..trust me it will help more than anything..it might get boring but once you ...more

certainly does lack fun and like everyone else i want to get stuck in with the fun stuff, and yeah i guess you're right, despite how many times i got annoyed with myself half hour later in back on it

|

6/9/2018 11:18 PM

NateBrown62 wrote:

Start with the basics and get really good at them ..trust me it will help more than anything..it might get boring but once you ...more

ThatAnxiousDragon wrote:

certainly does lack fun and like everyone else i want to get stuck in with the fun stuff, and yeah i guess you're right, ...more

Practice and practice and patience

|