Tips of the day

Related:
Create New Tag

10/15/2017 2:03 PM

Quick tips you can share,- While riding spot to spot or using your bike for transportation you can carry a drink quite easily without a backpack or bag. Just put a beverage in a plastic water bottle and fill it 7/8 full and squeeze the access air out of the bottle then scew the cap back on. For a new bottle just opened, take a few drinks so you can flatten the bottle to your preference lol. Preferably not soda pop because it will get shaken up and might explode or see a cap fly 10 feet in the air.
Photo

|

10/15/2017 3:19 PM

If you're lacking brakes, you can find a stick and use it to stop by placing it into your spokes at speed..

|

10/15/2017 3:22 PM

BcBMX80 wrote:

If you're lacking brakes, you can find a stick and use it to stop by placing it into your spokes at speed..

this

|

Hmmm

10/15/2017 5:05 PM

BcBMX80 wrote:

Made me laugh out loud. smile

|

10/15/2017 6:15 PM

BcBMX80 wrote:

Dude keep quiet .... he’s going to figure out the bunnyhop front flip cheat

|

10/15/2017 8:51 PM

BcBMX80 wrote:

eskimojay wrote:

Dude keep quiet .... he’s going to figure out the bunnyhop front flip cheat

Yea. That’s a well guarded secret, and only the lucky few can experience sliding on their faces.

|

“Pegless and coaster is ultimate zen”
-Indiana Tom

10/15/2017 10:21 PM

Always carry a long allen key, then you always have something to stir your coffee if you need to

|

10/16/2017 9:29 AM

I learnt stick jam front flips years ago, find a nice sterdy piece of oak and jam her in them spokes. Lol but really.. heres another tip: when your putting a stem on you can turn your bars backwards "if attached to the stem" and line the center of the stem up with the frame top tube and front wheel if it is centered. This is a pretty accurate way to tighten the stem down while keeping it dialed and centered

|

10/16/2017 9:36 AM

Shredkink9 wrote:

I learnt stick jam front flips years ago, find a nice sterdy piece of oak and jam her in them spokes. Lol but really.. heres ...more

Do you have some pics/videos to exemplify this?

|

10/16/2017 9:57 AM

am-shaegar wrote:

Do you have some pics/videos to exemplify this?

Photo

|

10/16/2017 10:03 AM

Shredkink9 wrote: Photo

laughing laughing

I mean the stem alignment
|

10/16/2017 10:25 AM

Just line everything up based off of your top tube. Once the front wheel is in line with the top tube and stem,tighten it. making sure you tighten the fork bolt first, to your preference of how tight or loose you like your steering and then tighten the side bolts on the stem. I sit on my seat and use my feet to hold my front wheel in place. Your front wheel should be centered by itself before using this method.. aka centered on the forks. Shoutout to Matt Wilhelm for showing this method in his "how to build a bmx bike" video.

Photo

|

10/16/2017 11:12 AM

Thanks mate! grin

|

10/16/2017 2:47 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Always carry a long allen key, then you always have something to stir your coffee if you need to

Mmmm lead and steel, just what my coffee was missing!

|

10/16/2017 2:49 PM

My best tip, never run plastic parts. They suck. Get things made of metal.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

10/16/2017 5:40 PM

Keeping grips clean on the inside and outside is always good. If i notice black dirt on my hands during a session, i clean my grips afterwords. Clean grips seem more grippy, i take mine off and clean them with an old toothbrush and warm soapy water. I clean the insides first and then the outsides, wrinse and let them air dry. I also wipe down my handlebar where my grips go, and let it dry. Then do the zip tie technique to put grips back on.

|

10/16/2017 5:58 PM

TRUE YOUR WHEELS.

It avoids noises, flex, and helps minimize broken spokes. There also is such a thing as TOO TIGHT-learn the correct tension.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/16/2017 6:03 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

TRUE YOUR WHEELS.

It avoids noises, flex, and helps minimize broken spokes. There also is such a thing as TOO TIGHT-learn ...more

Yes, indeed! Its something not a lot of people know about or care to learn. Its best to know as much about your bike as possible, im not expecting many to weld their frames and machine their parts but knowing how to assemble and maintain your bike saves so much time and money.

It does usually lead to you being the "bike mechanic" if you ride with a group though...lol

|

10/16/2017 6:17 PM

GREASE METAL ON METAL CONTACT POINTS. Spindles, threading, bolts, bearings etc. Lubricate drivers, freecoaster internals and so on.

Learn to maintain your bike. It will run better and feel better. Don't be a lazy putz.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/16/2017 9:51 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

BcBMX80 wrote:

Lead? What kind of tools do you use? Last time I checked, coffee isn't hot enough to melt steel. And every spoon in my house is made out of steel......

|

10/16/2017 9:53 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

BcBMX80 wrote:

grumpySteve wrote:

Lead? What kind of tools do you use? Last time I checked, coffee isn't hot enough to melt steel. And every spoon in my house ...more

Lead tools are the best! They NEVER strip out your allen bolts!

|

10/16/2017 10:16 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

BcBMX80 wrote:

grumpySteve wrote:

Lead? What kind of tools do you use? Last time I checked, coffee isn't hot enough to melt steel. And every spoon in my house ...more

I should have said oil...

|

10/17/2017 6:25 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

Lead tools are the best! They NEVER strip out your allen bolts!

Lead tools for President! :D

|

10/17/2017 7:28 AM

Oil slick tools.. soak them in oil to permanently make your allen key have oil slick color

|

10/17/2017 8:10 AM

I think a lead tool IS president?

|

10/17/2017 2:41 PM

Tips to kepp your bikes dialed my friends...

1. Keep a tight chain so your chain doesnt hit the chain stay on gaps and other hard landing tricks also keep your chain lubed with a properating chain lube so you can keep your chain from creaking.
2. Keep all you bolts tight but not too tight to where you strip the bolts. Keeping your headset and cranks tight will be a huge difference between soundin dialed and undialed.
3. Keep bolts grease and lubed to prevent creaking as well.
4. Lube your bearings to keep them from creaking or rattling and also grease around your on the outer race to prevent creaking as well.
5. Keep you spokes tight to prevent them from moving and flexing when you ride (loose spoke sound terrible and trust me you don't want your bike to make that sound so do yourself a favor and keep them tight)

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

10/17/2017 9:18 PM

Always run metal or extremely durable plastic barends. It's best in the long run.

|

“Pegless and coaster is ultimate zen”
-Indiana Tom

10/17/2017 9:20 PM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

Always run metal or extremely durable plastic barends. It's best in the long run.

And if running metal bar ends, sand em smooth after a crash...they can get pretty sharp if you dont pay attention.

|

10/17/2017 11:40 PM

Don't over lube your chain. Lube it properly by cleaning it thoroughly, the lubing between the plates and rollers. Then wipe off any excess.
If your chain has too much lube dirt and grit will stick to it and create a grinding compound, wearing your chain a lot quicker.
I practically never lube my chain. I spray ptfe spray on it then wipe it down to prevent rust. If it's making noise, there's something not right and hiding the noise isn't fixing the problem

|

10/18/2017 5:12 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Don't over lube your chain. Lube it properly by cleaning it thoroughly, the lubing between the plates and rollers. Then wipe ...more

I lube my chain once in a while with light coats. If it gets to dirty i take it off and clean it by putting some kerosene in a gallon jug or something and soak the chain and shake it all around to knock the dirt loose. Do that a few times and then i scrub it with a brush and soapy water, and then maybe a thin layer of lube after i re-install the chain. But shoutout to BSD for making a rust-proof coating for there chains!

|