Tips on flat 360s?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/19/2015 11:36 PM

I've been trying 360s for like 2 months now and I still cant get them down. I know there are many videos on YouTube and plenty of forums but I want direct feedback so can you guys tell me what I'm doing wrong?
[url=http://youtu.be/mpu1V46-3zw]

|

1/19/2015 11:41 PM

I could 3 tap when I rode alot and since riding maybe 4 times after 8 months "off" , I can 270 every time . Just suck your ass up and huck it more than you think .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/20/2015 1:07 AM

It's almost optimal to have 180's almost completely dialed. If you ever started learning 180's by carving about like 45 degrees, well then now is the time to put that back into use. But this time, just carve even a bit more depending on your speed and how much you want to pop. If you're hauling ass, carving is not a very good choice. I personally like to go at a medium to lower speed and carve somewhat more than 45 but never almost 90, ever. Then you throw to pop a really over-rotated 180 and starting looking at the front and trying to level it out. People never think of that part as important because all they care about is not letting the rear end tap the ground.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

1/20/2015 5:59 AM

I couldn't get flat 3's until i started doing them down steps (4 stair)

Try doing them off things first and get the body motions down it helps alot

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

1/20/2015 8:33 AM

Do it going at a high speed force yourself to get it or eat shit

|

1/20/2015 8:59 AM

It took me 7 months to get clean 3s. It was absolutely, most certainly, no doubt about it the hardest trick I have ever learned to this date.

It just takes tons of practice, patience, and trial and error I think. The trial and error part is trying different methods and seeing if they work for you. For example, trying them off of things didn't work for me. Learning opposite spins did nothing for me either.

What seemed to help me the most was getting clean 3s out of mellow banks and then when I would take it to a flat area compressing A TON got it done. I would just compress, explode upward, whip my head around, huck it between 180 and 270, and then land.

Be safe, watch that you don't overrotate and then fall because of understeer like I did. I messed up my shoulder from that for a second time and that definitely slowed down the process for me.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

1/20/2015 10:02 AM

Crest a little more, pop harder, tuck it in, and then push forward to keep your back end up.

|

Check my Youtube Channel and Subscribe if you like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC62awwE63LVhyBqOgIyY3ZA
Follow me on Instagram @ scott_effting & toododgy

1/20/2015 10:07 AM

Learn them fly out if possible to get the motion down. Flat is still harder, but it will help a lot. Basically rotate with your whole body. I hear people say "look behind your shoulder" and thats not really the way to do it. You want to have your shoulders turned into it and your whole body somewhat twisted. Start out by learning really fast 3taps like this if thats more comfortable for you, and then practice tucking your knees in (bending them so your foot comes toward your ass.)

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

1/20/2015 10:29 AM

You basically almost have them. Pop a little harder, keep your head turned throughout the whole spin and suck your legs up more. Also your riding attire is very fancy looking.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

1/20/2015 1:43 PM

I can 3 easily, but I cant 180 clean at all...how weird is that?

|

Smoke Drink Die

1/27/2015 9:11 PM

Like stocksy said up there it really is about trial and error. Just be patient and stick with it. One day it'll just happen and then they get stuck that way haha. I took me like 3 months of non stop trying to get them perfect. What helped me most was looking down when I did them. It made me naturally suck up the back end. Just compress as much as you can and pull as hard as you can. Keep your head turned and try not to look up and commit 100%.

|