Tire Choices

Related:
Create New Tag

2/19/2015 7:21 PM

I currently have chase hawk tires 2.40. They are completely worn down and i need new tires soon. Im looking at getting subrosa gravediggers or fit faf. I ride mostly park and street with a little bit of trials. Any advice on what tires to get?

|

Adam LZ is love and life

2/19/2015 7:24 PM

Animal glh are always my first choice. My friend has a kink vela that feels really nice. Mostly just an opinion.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

2/19/2015 7:35 PM

It's about what you like. I prefer slicker tires

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

2/19/2015 7:50 PM

ive been looking at the maxxis Rizer tires, aswell as Dugans and hawks... but i mostly do park and trails. you might like something diffrent

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

2/19/2015 8:29 PM

If you get the Fit FAF tires, get the 2.25" aggressive tread ones. They don't wear down as fast and in my opinion are a lot better.

Animal GLH tires would be good as well, but these are only based off what I like and have ridden for several years so I really can't offer much more incite besides them.

|

2/19/2015 9:40 PM

BSD donnasqueak for the back and a Fly Ruben for the front,

|

2/20/2015 5:26 AM

Maxxis Grifters or Rizer/Grifter

The 2.25 FAFs are pretty good, (although I didn't ride a ton of trails with them) but I'm getting the impression that they are discontinued and replaced by Speedball/Mainline.

Oh yeah, what about Mainline? I've never rode them, but I almost got those instead of Grifters.

|

2/20/2015 6:07 AM

How were the Hawks? were they fast?
I am considering getting two 2.40 Plyte's to switch things up but I have never run a tire that smooth.
I ride mostly park and was going to replace some 2.35 Machette's, they worked great for me as I ride park, and dont grind at all.
I had some Odyssey Aiken's and a Path and they were great, Demolition tires have been really good for me also.
any input o the Hawks would be great, Thanks!!

|

2/20/2015 6:13 AM

motomonkey wrote:

I am considering getting two 2.40 Plyte's to switch things up but I have never run a tire ...more

All the reviews I've seen(haven't owned them) says they're great for park. They are slippery at first though until you wear off the wax coating from where ever they were molded.

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

2/20/2015 6:48 AM

I always see you at ojai park lmao

|

13 years old

2/20/2015 7:21 AM

I like my Premium CK 2.40 a lot. Good grip for footjams.

|

I haven't rode in forever so I suck and I have 2 Hondas. Follow me on Instagram @softtop2k.417

2/20/2015 7:27 AM

Just get some Shadow Valor tires. A PERFECT mix of super grippy and slicks. I don't think i ever slid out on them. They were perfect in every way.

They were literally my favorite tires. They make a cool sound when you carve hard through something. Like a "bzzzzrr" its neat and awesome. They are really fast and realistically, anything that isn't this tire isn't that good.

Go for 2 2.4s. They're super big but it's actually really nice. the 2.2 isn't as fun. I highly recommend them. They may cost more, but you'll literally never get a flat. They are some of my favorite tires ever.

just think, they cost 30$ a tire, but after one flat with other tires at 5$ a tube, you've already saved that. And they are longer lasting than any tires. I STILL have my 2.4. I could be running it, but i'm trying to wear out these Aaron Ross tires i got for cheap. haha the 2.2 bit the dust though, it kinda had a run in with a really shitty rim so it isn't in great condition now.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

2/20/2015 7:36 AM

motomonkey wrote:

I am considering getting two 2.40 Plyte's to switch things up but I have never run a tire ...more

they were really great ive had them for about 20 months. I ride just a bout every day and they are finally starting wear down. The reason im looking to switch is because they pretty much suck on dirt. They are absolutly amazing for everything else though. I would highly reccomend them if you ride a lot of park or street. Im starting to ride dirt more so thats why im looking to switch. otherwise i would highly reccomend the hawks.

|

Adam LZ is love and life

2/20/2015 7:37 AM

Krooked wrote:

I always see you at ojai park lmao

lmao who are you?

|

Adam LZ is love and life

2/20/2015 7:52 AM

motomonkey wrote:

nolan.colborn wrote:

they were really great ive had them for about 20 months. I ride just a bout every day and they are finally starting wear down. ...more

Thanks for the response I am going to order a set of the 2.4's
Try the Machette, it is light a grippy everywhere, loved mine!!

|

2/20/2015 7:17 PM

FAFs for sure. Mine have lasted a year with minor damage, 2.25-2.35 sizes FAFs have just enough knobby-ness for trails and street, and the right amount of grip for park. GET THEM!!!

|

2/20/2015 7:17 PM

FAFs for sure. Mine have lasted a year with minor damage, 2.25-2.35 sizes FAFs have just enough knobby-ness for trails and street, and the right amount of grip for park. GET THEM!!!

|