Tire Options

Related:
Create New Tag

10/5/2016 10:10 AM

I'm looking into getting new tires soon, I ride mainly street (I travel daily on my bike), park and some dirt on occasion so I like a tire with good grip and rolling speed that does not wear out quickly.
I have narrowed it down to the Odyssey aitken 2.25 tire or the Shadow valor 2.4 tire
any insight would be greatly appreciated especially inflated sizes if they're different than what the specs say on dans comp.

|

10/5/2016 10:23 AM

I personally don't like wide tyres, so out of those 2 I'd go with an aitken street on the back and an aitken dirt on the front

|

10/5/2016 3:59 PM

I run the shadow valors in 2.4 and I love them. They don't look too wide once they're actually on a bike, my friends 2.25's are almost as wide. I'd go with the valors if I were you.

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

10/5/2016 4:00 PM

Photo

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

10/5/2016 8:19 PM

I've heard good things about the valors and the aitkens so no personal experience for me hah! I really like both tires and im into really wide tires so the valors would be my choice. Plus i hear they got a nice squeak to them when at lower pressures so another selling point for me hah. aitkens are a solid choice as well nice good all around tread and are fairly light (25 oz i think) so its good for rolling into dirt berms or into the street. either is good

|

10/5/2016 9:51 PM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

I run the shadow valors in 2.4 and I love them. They don't look too wide once they're actually on a bike, my friends 2.25's are almost as wide. I'd go with the valors if I were you.

how long have you had them and how quickly have they worn down?

|

10/6/2016 8:31 AM

If you want good rolling speed don't go with big tires , the bigger the tire the more friction on the ground the more drag = slower and more work to pedal to keep the same speed as you would with a slimmer tire

|

10/7/2016 1:48 AM

DanTheBikerMan that photo is seriously hot..... wow!

|

10/7/2016 7:55 AM

bdh425 wrote:

I've had them about 4 months and they're still in great shape. Keep in mind I ride about 2.5 miles a day to my local park. They're super thick tires, and all the reviews I've read on them say they can last about a year if you don't skid, maybe even more.

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

10/7/2016 9:53 AM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

bdh425 wrote:

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

I've had them about 4 months and they're still in great shape. Keep in mind I ride about 2.5 miles a day to my local park. They're super thick tires, and all the reviews I've read on them say they can last about a year if you don't skid, maybe even more.

Awesome, I'll grab a pair, thank you for the insight man!

|

10/7/2016 3:48 PM

I would get Valor Tires ! Its very hard for me to manual since I put on tires with much threading (Contenders) BUT I am not pro ! I love slick tires cause they make me do very long manuals .

|

10/8/2016 9:21 AM

bdh425 wrote:

Awesome, I'll grab a pair, thank you for the insight man!

There's just 1 thing to beware of when puttin them on. When I was putting the rear one on and I had pumped it up to about 80 psi it blew off of the rim. So always make sure the tire is seated properly on the rim when pumping it up, check it about every 10 psi or so. Danscomp ended up sending me a replacement one free of charge and I have had no issues so far (I run 90 psi front and back).

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

10/8/2016 10:15 AM

I just get the lightest tires I can in like 2.2 its perfect

|

45 refs and counting check profile.