Tire help

Related:
Create New Tag

4/20/2016 10:48 AM

Sorry for posting so many topics lately but I need some help again... I have cleaned my bike 2 weeks ago and saw this little bump thingy in the back tire. Now, I noticed it's huge...and I don't have the money to get a new tire right now, so I'm asking you, guys, is it okay to ride another month or so?
Tire is a salt strobe 2.25 btw. Thanks again and sorry for the 100th topic for the day.

|

4/20/2016 11:27 AM

Shortly it WILL cause a flat. Save for a tire ASAP.

You COULD try to "boot it" by placing a dollar bill between the tube and the hole, and that MIGHT help limp it along.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/20/2016 11:29 AM

No, zoomed in it looks like your bead is showing through the rubber which typically means the tire is done for. Save and get a new tire asap

|

4/20/2016 11:55 AM

That's a defective tyre right there. Not only has it started to split above the bead (which could potentially be booted, as Dave said, I've used cardboard and duct tape before) BUT the rubber is bulging meaning it's thinner at that point and has stretched. Ride it like that and it will blow out.

|

4/20/2016 12:08 PM

Avoid grinds on this side, and even avoiding them, the tyre can blow out at any moment, it's time for a new one bro.

|

4/20/2016 12:08 PM

Buy a new tire

|

fack off

4/20/2016 3:35 PM

Leave the tire on!!!
That way you can blame the tire?
" I could triple wip back flip"
"But my tire has a bubble"

|

F¬ Bom 5403692331

4/20/2016 6:15 PM

Buy a tire they're not too expensive, better than risking it and having your shit pop miles away from home

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

4/20/2016 7:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/20/2016 7:54 PM

Yuuup, grab a new one. Save up! :D

I really love running a Maxxis Hookworm tire in the rear for my set-up. Very thick and durable sidewall, low profile, SUPER grippy, not too heavy. Highly recommend. Bought a pair for $30 on Amazon.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @scootereyn // YouTube: Reyn Honbo - RH MEDIA

4/20/2016 9:59 PM

Could i lower the tire pressure and run it more cautiously till i get a new one? It will be another 2-3 weeks or so till i have enough money....and i cant not ride until then :-(

|

4/21/2016 12:51 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/21/2016 12:52 AM

Nosferatu443 wrote:

Could i lower the tire pressure and run it more cautiously till i get a new one? It will be another 2-3 weeks or so till i have enough money....and i cant not ride until then :-(

In theory, yeah. But probably only about 20-30 PSI SAFELY, that is. With that tiny amount, however, pinch flats become enemy #1 and it's going to last just about as long (If not, shorter) than running it how it is right now.

Save the inner tube and buy a tire, will be much better for you!

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @scootereyn // YouTube: Reyn Honbo - RH MEDIA

4/21/2016 1:04 AM

Okay...thanks for the help.

|

4/21/2016 9:20 AM

Just make sure it's not in the back of your car when it blows, I can tell you from experience that you will shit yourself.

If you're running high psi you may get away with dropping it, but the tyre's days are definitely numbered.

|

4/22/2016 1:30 AM

I donate used tires that are still rideable to my bike shop and tell hem to give it to someone who needs it , go and ask maybe and see if they have any spares or shit . People toss them all the time . I actually found an Odyssey Aitken P Lyte in the garbage one time , turns out it was my friends haha . He moved , so I didn't know t was his house

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/11/2019 8:19 PM

Nosferatu443 wrote:

Sorry for posting so many topics lately but I need some help again... I have cleaned my bike 2 weeks ago and saw this little bump thingy in the back tire. Now, I noticed it's huge...and I don't have the money to get a new tire right now, so I'm asking you, guys, is it okay to ride another month or so?
Tire is a salt strobe 2.25 btw. Thanks again and sorry for the 100th topic for the day.

I have the same tyre but the white wall. I has been riding on it for nearly 4 years and ir s still has all the grip and it s surfave is way far from flat!

|

1/11/2019 8:21 PM

Colvin_Duca wrote:

I have the same tyre but the white wall. I has been riding on it for nearly 4 years and ir s still has all the grip and it s surfave is way far from flat!

[LINK TO IMAGE]
|

1/11/2019 10:35 PM

Nosferatu443 wrote:

Colvin_Duca wrote:

You should ride faster then.

|