Tire psi

Related:
Create New Tag

2/26/2018 12:08 PM

So I see pro users like Tommy Dugan, and Scotty Cranmer doing giant drops while riding street, so is there tire psi really high or really low for landing softly

|

2/26/2018 12:14 PM

Lower psi will be a bit better but going faster and landing back wheel first will help more, dugan and cranmer run high psi

|

Hmmm

2/26/2018 12:41 PM

I run 27psi m8.

|

2/26/2018 12:50 PM

jbales wrote:

I run 27psi m8.

I just run whatever I can blow into the valve with my lungs

|

Hmmm

2/26/2018 1:17 PM

Your legs will absorb more impact that 1-2 inches of air and rubber. Higher PSI will definitely make you land harder, but lower PSI and land hard enough you can pinch flat or just pop a tire, though you'd have to be jumping something pretty heavy.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

2/26/2018 2:58 PM

Lower pressure will save your wrists and ankles. Higher pressure will save your bike. I'd say to just run as high as you can and learn to land smoothly...

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

2/26/2018 7:17 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

Lower pressure will save your wrists and ankles. Higher pressure will save your bike. I'd say to just run as high as you can ...more

Yeah high pressure is the way to go. Your bike will be a lot more nimble with a higher pressure, and you’ll learn to ride it properly instead of relying on tires to sink into everything

|