Tire psi?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/14/2018 3:17 PM

I got a fit hango and the tires only go up to 60 psi. Just gonna be riding street right now and until I get money for new ones could i run 50 - 55 or would there be a good chance of popping it. I just dont want a pinch flat and the tires feel squishy at the moment (running around 40 right now)

|

7/14/2018 3:25 PM

You seem to have answered your own question in the very first sentence of your post..

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

7/14/2018 6:26 PM

Tyres never have their failure pressures on them. The failure pressure is usually about twice the rating on the tyre to account for bad/heavy landings.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

7/14/2018 8:33 PM

I like to run 60 for street (maybe 65 in back) and 85-95 for park. Dirt, I play it by ear. As long as the bead is seating good you are fine with 50-55 but with 50, keep an eye on the bead. The tire can burp off at times at certain angles. Like a goof on a 180 and you land kinda sideways.

|

7/14/2018 9:32 PM

Gack2000 wrote:

I like to run 60 for street (maybe 65 in back) and 85-95 for park. Dirt, I play it by ear. As long as the bead is seating good ...more

How havent I got a flat then lol? Ive been landing sideways trying to learn 180s lol, i guess its time to pump them up a little bit

|

7/15/2018 12:17 AM

Go with at least 60 if you are riding street. You will notice tricks become easier cause your tire isnt rolling over the side of the rim as much. More predictable. I have run 60psi rated tires to 80psi with no problems. I cant say you will have the same experience I have had but take it for what its worth.

I do still run anywhere from 40-60 psi roughly for dirt and it seems to help get a bit of extra traction. Could be just a perceived thing and not reality. Lol

|

7/15/2018 5:35 AM

Pumped my tyres up today, they were a bit soft. Turns out they were only at 30psi! I usually pump mine up to 60 and sometimes feel like I have to let a bit out. 50 is what I really like but it feels a bit too soft if I'm doing something big or a fairly fast spin. At 50ish I've never got a puncture from pinching or debris, and I've never had my tyre roll off my rim.
The only reason I checked and pumped them up today was because I could feel it roll a bit trying a line. I reckon I'll get the line next time I try now (it's too hot and busy to try again now).
My riding involves a lot of 180's and bump jumps, so......

|

7/15/2018 9:10 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Pumped my tyres up today, they were a bit soft. Turns out they were only at 30psi! I usually pump mine up to 60 and sometimes ...more

Wait Is my psi why i keep landing lopsided when i try to spin? or could it be one of the reasons?

|

7/15/2018 9:23 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Pumped my tyres up today, they were a bit soft. Turns out they were only at 30psi! I usually pump mine up to 60 and sometimes ...more

Aaron_Stelmach wrote:

Wait Is my psi why i keep landing lopsided when i try to spin? or could it be one of the reasons?

That's highly unlikely(although not impossible); that's usually just a problem with your technique.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

7/15/2018 9:53 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Aaron_Stelmach wrote:

Landing lopsided usually means you're carving too much. But if your tyres are too soft they'll absorb loads of your effort. I was doing 180's no problem with 30 psi. But I've been doing 180's for a long time

|

7/15/2018 10:10 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/15/2018 10:10 AM

I like these bsd donnastreets I have now at about 40

|

Hmmm

7/16/2018 3:11 AM

don't give a shit about what the mark on the tire says.

back then, we ran way more psi than marked and now i run stupid low pressure.
never had issues with flats.

|

IG: @_almost_crook

7/16/2018 10:45 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/16/2018 10:46 AM

>When you land a sketchy 180 and feel your tires compress and bounce unsure unsure

|

7/21/2018 7:59 AM

I run 75psi. Seems to be the best compromise as I ride street and park usually in the same day. Any less and I feel my tyres rolling while carving which is horrible, any more and hard landings are painful.

|