Tire question...

Related:
Create New Tag

5/11/2013 11:23 PM

I plan on running a 2.35 momentum tanwall in the front...

Here is my issue... Demo tires suck for grinding so I need help choosing a rear that will hold up wothout adding alot of rotational weight and keep cost down

Ive narrowed it down to:
2.25 FAF - inflates to 2.36 w/ 20.66 diameter and weighs around 24.5 oz >>> $25
2.25 United swerve - inflates to 2.36 w/ 20.8 diameter and weighs about 23.5 oz >>> $30
2.3 Stolen Joint - inflates to 2.4 w/ 20.8 diameter and weighs about 22.5 oz >>> $27

what would you guys recommed considering the momentum inflates to 21 diameter?
Im pretty sure the faf and united will hold up decent but I know really nothing about the stolen other than I hate stolen.

Suggestions please smile

If you have something else in mind feel free to tell me.

I like the faf most, but I dont know if the bigger difference in diameter will feel weird since I normally run matching tires

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim
Traded: tomdon
Hooked me up: zachhendrix, oscar7588

Personal Email: snmloverbmx@hotmail.com
n-dür product info/ order email: ndur_bmx@outlook.com
n-dür on facebook

5/11/2013 11:26 PM

Dude just get hawks. There the best for everything in my opinion.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

5/11/2013 11:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/11/2013 11:35 PM

feeble_to_face wrote:

Dude just get hawks. There the best for everything in my opinion.

Thats alot of rotational weight... Which I stated I dont want.
Mainly because im coming from a momentum rear

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim
Traded: tomdon
Hooked me up: zachhendrix, oscar7588

Personal Email: snmloverbmx@hotmail.com
n-dür product info/ order email: ndur_bmx@outlook.com
n-dür on facebook

5/11/2013 11:38 PM

dont get the uniteds they were the trend here for a while and everybodys blew up or deflated randomly

|

Save a tree

Ride a Bike...... I am an environmentalist jk hahaha



BIKE CHECK: http://www.vitalbmx.com/community/WallmartBMX,103987/setup,83842




WATCH MY NEW EDIT IM SO PROUD OF IT!!

5/11/2013 11:43 PM

Hawks aren't that heavy. And don't be a weight weenie.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

5/11/2013 11:43 PM

Anybody have info on the stolens? I basically just need to know if they will hold up in grinds

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim
Traded: tomdon
Hooked me up: zachhendrix, oscar7588

Personal Email: snmloverbmx@hotmail.com
n-dür product info/ order email: ndur_bmx@outlook.com
n-dür on facebook

5/12/2013 2:31 AM

Hawks weight about 26 oz, they are hevier than demo´s, i have heard a lot of good things about hawks, so i bought them, i will have them tomorrow (2.2 and 2.4). I would buy hawks. If you finally decide to buy hawks, the 2.2 one inflates to 2.16, and the 2.4 inflates to 2.36.

|

RIDE OR DIE



THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

5/12/2013 5:19 AM

Reasons im NOT buying Hawks:
- I hate how they look
- I have heard theyre fucking slick
- They arent very big so thats a no for the front
- matching hawks would add over 3/4 of a pound of rotational weight...which is where you feel it most
- im not a trend whore


would somebody please answer my question with something other than hawks? I AM NOT BUYING THEM

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim
Traded: tomdon
Hooked me up: zachhendrix, oscar7588

Personal Email: snmloverbmx@hotmail.com
n-dür product info/ order email: ndur_bmx@outlook.com
n-dür on facebook

5/12/2013 5:29 AM

WEIGHT WEENIE Dude, if you are complaining about 3/4lb then grow some fucking muscles and just fucking ride whatever you get.

|

Bruh

5/12/2013 5:40 AM

Primo wall tires

|

It’s all bmx

5/12/2013 5:42 AM

Look into Animal tyres. If you go with GLH tyres dont get the GLH-R the compound is very soft which is great for grip but it means they wear out pretty quick if you're foot braking or skidding with brakes. So if you do, get GLH regular bead. Ive heard good things about TWW-R tyres & i will be getting them myself. Basically any Animal tyres will do you well.

|

5/12/2013 5:43 AM

call me a weight weenie all you want but ill bet my bike weighs at least 2lbs more than yours. i ride 4 pegs a coaster and brakes. the only place i try to save weight is my tires. i have no issue with non rotational weight. so how about somebody answer my question instead of being an ass.

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim
Traded: tomdon
Hooked me up: zachhendrix, oscar7588

Personal Email: snmloverbmx@hotmail.com
n-dür product info/ order email: ndur_bmx@outlook.com
n-dür on facebook

5/12/2013 5:49 AM

Topsey wrote:

Look into Animal tyres. If you go with GLH tyres dont get the GLH-R the compound is very soft which is great for grip but it means they wear out pretty quick if you're foot braking or skidding with brakes. So if you do, get GLH regular bead. Ive heard good things about TWW-R tyres & i will be getting them myself. Basically any Animal tyres will do you well.

they dont have tanwalls except the tan twws but i never really liked twws

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim
Traded: tomdon
Hooked me up: zachhendrix, oscar7588

Personal Email: snmloverbmx@hotmail.com
n-dür product info/ order email: ndur_bmx@outlook.com
n-dür on facebook

5/12/2013 6:07 AM

SnM An1mal wrote:

call me a weight weenie all you want but ill bet my bike weighs at least 2lbs more than yours. i ride 4 pegs a coaster and brakes. the only place i try to save weight is my tires. i have no issue with non rotational weight. so how about somebody answer my question instead of being an ass.

30lbs bitch

|

Bruh

5/12/2013 6:14 AM

I wonder what my bike weighs?? blink I think its a shit load lighter than my bikes in the early 2000's but even not trying to make a light bike with most parts nowadays being ultra mega light its pretty hard to make a custom over 25lbs. Might weigh my bike later see what it is.

|

5/12/2013 6:32 AM

Topsey wrote:

I wonder what my bike weighs?? blink I think its a shit load lighter than my bikes in the early 2000's but even not trying to make a light bike with most parts nowadays being ultra mega light its pretty hard to make a custom over 25lbs. Might weigh my bike later see what it is.

i bought just random stuff excluding my tires... but i believe mine weighs in at like 26.5 or so

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim
Traded: tomdon
Hooked me up: zachhendrix, oscar7588

Personal Email: snmloverbmx@hotmail.com
n-dür product info/ order email: ndur_bmx@outlook.com
n-dür on facebook

5/12/2013 6:34 AM

SnM An1mal wrote:

call me a weight weenie all you want but ill bet my bike weighs at least 2lbs more than yours. i ride 4 pegs a coaster and brakes. the only place i try to save weight is my tires. i have no issue with non rotational weight. so how about somebody answer my question instead of being an ass.

Zach P-D wrote:

30lbs bitch

oh really? what do you ride? a 2005 stock haro?

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim
Traded: tomdon
Hooked me up: zachhendrix, oscar7588

Personal Email: snmloverbmx@hotmail.com
n-dür product info/ order email: ndur_bmx@outlook.com
n-dür on facebook

5/12/2013 6:47 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/12/2013 6:58 AM

adamnmexican wrote:

Primo wall tires

LOL primo wall tires are 780 gr (27.514oz) xD , 70gr (2.5oz) more than 2.10 hawks! That is a bit heavy. Also, if you are a wheight weenie, you can buy p-lyte version, which is almost 3 oz lighter.
But man, if you can do a trick, your bike´s weight are not going to affect to that trick. If you are worry about weight, loose YOUR extra weight, you won´t have to buy anything, or loose quality on your BMX stuff.

|

RIDE OR DIE



THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

5/12/2013 6:49 AM

adamnmexican wrote:

Primo wall tires

T-rider wrote:

LOL primo wall tires are 780 gr (27.514oz) xD , 70gr (2.5oz) more than 2.10 hawks! That is a bit heavy. Also, if you are a wheight weenie, you can buy p-lyte version, which is almost 3 oz lighter.
But man, if you can do a trick, your bike´s weight are not going to affect to that trick. If you are worry about weight, loose YOUR extra weight, you won´t have to buy anything, or loose quality on your BMX stuff.

i just assumed he was a troll...

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim
Traded: tomdon
Hooked me up: zachhendrix, oscar7588

Personal Email: snmloverbmx@hotmail.com
n-dür product info/ order email: ndur_bmx@outlook.com
n-dür on facebook

5/12/2013 6:53 AM

SnM An1mal wrote:

i bought just random stuff excluding my tires... but i believe mine weighs in at like 26.5 or so

Arent you rocking 4 metal pegs a brake & a freecoaster? All known to make a bike alot heavier! When you think most freecoasters are hitting 20+ Ounces! & then you have some Cassettes that are nearly 10 Ounces less! Then Metal pegs depending on what you have some plastic pegs you can get 4 of them for the weight of one metal peg! Then brakes suprisingly are pretty damn heavy! It all adds up. I must admit i was kinda saying about a generic 4 pegged, brakeless, cassette BMX.

|

5/12/2013 7:08 AM

Topsey wrote:

Arent you rocking 4 metal pegs a brake & a freecoaster? All known to make a bike alot heavier! When you think most freecoasters are hitting 20+ Ounces! & then you have some Cassettes that are nearly 10 Ounces less! Then Metal pegs depending on what you have some plastic pegs you can get 4 of them for the weight of one metal peg! Then brakes suprisingly are pretty damn heavy! It all adds up. I must admit i was kinda saying about a generic 4 pegged, brakeless, cassette BMX.

yeah. 4 Tree Stunt Stumps---they arent very heavy..just under 1.5lbs for all 4. plus guards are a total of like 6oz. KHE Astern coaster. and springfield brake set up and an mds and old stolen mob cranks... if i went pegless and brakeless and got a cassette i would drop to around 23. so by no means do i think i could be considered a weight weenie when i have over 3lbs of weight added on by choice lol

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim
Traded: tomdon
Hooked me up: zachhendrix, oscar7588

Personal Email: snmloverbmx@hotmail.com
n-dür product info/ order email: ndur_bmx@outlook.com
n-dür on facebook

5/12/2013 7:11 AM

T-rider wrote:

LOL primo wall tires are 780 gr (27.514oz) xD , 70gr (2.5oz) more than 2.10 hawks! That is a bit heavy. Also, if you are a wheight weenie, you can buy p-lyte version, which is almost 3 oz lighter.
But man, if you can do a trick, your bike´s weight are not going to affect to that trick. If you are worry about weight, loose YOUR extra weight, you won´t have to buy anything, or loose quality on your BMX stuff.

my extra weight? i am under 150lbs. i have no extra weight

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim
Traded: tomdon
Hooked me up: zachhendrix, oscar7588

Personal Email: snmloverbmx@hotmail.com
n-dür product info/ order email: ndur_bmx@outlook.com
n-dür on facebook

5/12/2013 8:45 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/12/2013 8:46 AM

SnM An1mal wrote:

oh really? what do you ride? a 2005 stock haro?

stock diamondback skindog 2011 with 2 pegs and rear brakes. my tyres are some cheap heavy things and my wheels have far too much weight in them for my liking, but as thats what i have i deal with it and don't ask for the lightest tyres i can get...

|

Bruh

5/12/2013 9:28 AM

I've run Animal GLH's on the back for over a year now, pretty happy with it. havent gone back to other tires since

|


Insta: @devicacy

5/12/2013 10:17 AM

The people that are saying the Hawks are godly and that the weight doesn't matter are stupid. Hawks are pretty good, but they are way too slick for dirt, plus they are a soft compound so are likely to wear out quicker (And from what I have seen personally they do). Not hating on Hawks by the way. And as for the Weight, rotational weight makes a lot of difference. If he wants light tyres and he has the money then why not. And weight does make a difference anywhere, I mean I hate actual weight weenies, but I also hate people who think weight doesn't matter at all and some even seem to try to make their Bike as heavy as possible, and not for strength reasons. And before anyone says anything my Bike weighs about 30lbs, with 2 Brakes and 3 Pegs. And @Zach P-D, just saying, but my friend had that exact same bike and it weighed about 26lbs, albeit without Pegs.

|

5/12/2013 11:13 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

The people that are saying the Hawks are godly and that the weight doesn't matter are stupid. Hawks are pretty good, but they are way too slick for dirt, plus they are a soft compound so are likely to wear out quicker (And from what I have seen personally they do). Not hating on Hawks by the way. And as for the Weight, rotational weight makes a lot of difference. If he wants light tyres and he has the money then why not. And weight does make a difference anywhere, I mean I hate actual weight weenies, but I also hate people who think weight doesn't matter at all and some even seem to try to make their Bike as heavy as possible, and not for strength reasons. And before anyone says anything my Bike weighs about 30lbs, with 2 Brakes and 3 Pegs. And @Zach P-D, just saying, but my friend had that exact same bike and it weighed about 26lbs, albeit without Pegs.

Thank god! Somebody else that knows what theyre talking about...

What would you personally go with?

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim
Traded: tomdon
Hooked me up: zachhendrix, oscar7588

Personal Email: snmloverbmx@hotmail.com
n-dür product info/ order email: ndur_bmx@outlook.com
n-dür on facebook

5/12/2013 11:16 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

The people that are saying the Hawks are godly and that the weight doesn't matter are stupid. Hawks are pretty good, but they are way too slick for dirt, plus they are a soft compound so are likely to wear out quicker (And from what I have seen personally they do). Not hating on Hawks by the way. And as for the Weight, rotational weight makes a lot of difference. If he wants light tyres and he has the money then why not. And weight does make a difference anywhere, I mean I hate actual weight weenies, but I also hate people who think weight doesn't matter at all and some even seem to try to make their Bike as heavy as possible, and not for strength reasons. And before anyone says anything my Bike weighs about 30lbs, with 2 Brakes and 3 Pegs. And @Zach P-D, just saying, but my friend had that exact same bike and it weighed about 26lbs, albeit without Pegs.

i know and that is what mine was like until the wheels fucked me over, so now i'm running old wheels off of a bike from like 10 years ago that weigh a ton lol. should get a new set soon as these are plain annoying haha

|

Bruh

5/12/2013 11:17 AM

anyways, on tyres i do like GLH's as i have heard awesome reviews on them

|

Bruh

5/12/2013 11:19 AM

Fafs are rad. Fast and grippy. What else do you need?

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

5/12/2013 11:22 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

The people that are saying the Hawks are godly and that the weight doesn't matter are stupid. Hawks are pretty good, but they are way too slick for dirt, plus they are a soft compound so are likely to wear out quicker (And from what I have seen personally they do). Not hating on Hawks by the way. And as for the Weight, rotational weight makes a lot of difference. If he wants light tyres and he has the money then why not. And weight does make a difference anywhere, I mean I hate actual weight weenies, but I also hate people who think weight doesn't matter at all and some even seem to try to make their Bike as heavy as possible, and not for strength reasons. And before anyone says anything my Bike weighs about 30lbs, with 2 Brakes and 3 Pegs. And @Zach P-D, just saying, but my friend had that exact same bike and it weighed about 26lbs, albeit without Pegs.

SnM An1mal wrote:

Thank god! Somebody else that knows what theyre talking about...

What would you personally go with?

The Joint seems the best to me, but they haven't really been out long enough to find reviews for them. The FAFs are also pretty good though.

|