Tires?!?!

Related:
Create New Tag

7/26/2013 8:59 PM

I need some new tires, I ride mainly street and on and off parks, what tires would fit me? and would last a very long time, cause the tires i have now slide on every turn and trick.

|

7/26/2013 9:02 PM

animal tires if you want tires that last basically forever

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

7/26/2013 9:10 PM

Very true, but do you know of any other tires, I've been looking into Fit FAF's , United Swerve, Demolition Machete and Shadow Undertaker.

|

7/26/2013 9:16 PM

shadow- never rode a shadow tire but i have never had a problem with any shadow part so it should be fine

machete- had one and loved it.

united- never rode it and dont really have an opinion of united so idk

fit faf- had a 2.25 and 2.1 and hated them so much. grippy but wore down way too fast and the sidewalls were weak. i do not recommend these

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

7/26/2013 9:18 PM

Alright I think I might go Machete in the front and figure out a back tire hopefully!, but thanks man! I appreciate the help and the recommendations!

|

7/26/2013 9:19 PM

What Tomdom said, man. I run Animal MTT in the front and Animal TWW in the rear and I just recently put the MTT on, but the TWW I've had for roughly 3 months and it's still just as grippy! The MTT is a really big grippy tire, MTT stands for Monster Truck Tire and it lives up to the name. I'm not sure if you would wanna use it for street. On the other hand, The TWW is great for everything! I ride street and dirt mostly and I go to parks here and there and the TWW is good for it all! So Animal tires last forever, Odyssey tires also seem to last a good while too, I have never had Odyssey tires, but a good friend of mine who rides with me a lot has them and they are really grippy and long-lasting. Demolition tires are light but they wear fast and I also hear they tear easily, but they seem to be one of the best tires for park, don't hold that against me though. I just see a lot of people who ride park a lot with them. It's really up to you, I myself am an Animal kinda guy and would ride them over just about any tire.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

7/26/2013 9:23 PM

i heard the dehart tires are awesome and if you get them in gum they are even better... just what i heard.

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

7/26/2013 9:25 PM

Alright I will look into the tire thing haha, Also I did have my eye on the TWW's , so I'm not currently sure on the tires I want but I will surely look into it , but thanks for that comment put me into a different view on animal tires, I truly never rode a animal or alot of tires, i've rode and odyssey tire and a premium tire but yeah, the odyssey tire is still really good but my friend uses it now, and my premium (CK) tire just after like a month of riding just didnt have any grip so, it's really hard for me too choose cause I really never had a really good grippy tire before.

|

7/26/2013 9:32 PM

TheAsianBmxRider wrote:

Alright I will look into the tire thing haha, Also I did have my eye on the TWW's , so I'm not currently sure on the tires I ...more

Yeah Animal tires are really really grippy and they last long, but if you can find something else, more power to you! I would strongly recommend going with a TWW though! Since you ride mostly street and park, maybe you'll wanna go back to an Odyssey? It's up to you. When I order parts I want the best possible parts so I don't have to order parts until I want to, so find something that fits your needs and will last.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

7/26/2013 9:40 PM

I've had my 2.25" Aitken Street for like two years and a month now. I could probably run it until the end of the year or maybe even next summer but I'm replacing it soon just so I can have deeper tread on dirt. Best tire ever. Grips on everything and lasts forever and gets no punctures.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

7/26/2013 9:51 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

I've had my 2.25" Aitken Street for like two years and a month now. I could probably run it until the end of the year or maybe ...more

seriously? how often do you ride? that is insanely long... mine last like 8 months.. though i buy cheap ones.

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

7/26/2013 9:54 PM

DeviantBMX123 wrote:

seriously? how often do you ride? that is insanely long... mine last like 8 months.. though i buy cheap ones.

Almost every day. On the weekends like 5-6 hours a day. Weekdays like 1-3 hours maybe.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

7/26/2013 11:23 PM

Yes. Yes. This is what i like to see. I run tires out fast!!!!! Unbelieveably fast. I have a problem. I ride like 8-12 hours on most days and i am always doing a trick so they are constantly being thrashed. Thats my verdict on it. I was wearing out A Demolition Machete and Momentum too quickly for my liking so i figured id take em off and save em for the next time i go to a race track or something. And then i put on a Chase Hawk Odyssey tire on the rear and a 2.25 Aitken (i would only run one for the front, i dont like em on the rear, too much grip. haha But this tire combo is SEX haha its soooo fastm grips just right, and hasnt worn, and usually after about 2 weeks of me riding, i can notice a definite wear in tires, and these have none at all really and i havent held back at all. haha I recommend them entirely. Animal tires are wonderful in many ways too. A bit heavy, if you are some type of weakling, but they last legit forever!! Unless you are me with a GLH on the front and get slider crazy haha. Just sliding every 180 and trick because it feels so goooood haha but oh well. Stocksy, whom i ride with and give advice on what parts to buy has them and they are a dream! The knurling on the TWW is till 100% maybe 95% if you look very closely or something haha. and remember knurling is just that little roughness on the outside of the tire so they will last years haha.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

7/26/2013 11:47 PM

I like a Cult Dehart in the front and a Chase Hawk in the back. Works great on everything.

|

Put in work.
Put in work.
Put in work.
Flacko put 'em in the dirt.

7/27/2013 1:27 AM

Odyssey aitken streets best tires around

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

7/27/2013 5:52 AM

I hated my Aitken Tyres with a passion. I run Low PSI & they just roll like crap with the PSI i run. My friend had mine with around 90PSI & they rolled really well, i just cannot run such high PSI! I've got them back atm & will be swapping them out for Primo Lee Dennis Tyres in the not too distant future, those things look great.
I'm going to run 2.4" Hawks on my other bike, i've heard great things about them.
I want to try FAF-K 2.3" Tyres too although i have heard stories like Tom said of them wearing out reaaaal fast!
Also heard really good things about the Dehart Tyres, A couple of people online have said they roll a little slow but i have heard the Gum/Blackwall versions solved this.

|

7/27/2013 6:01 AM

i just get cheapskate tyres lol £7 a tyre off of ebay is how i roll bitches...

|

Bruh

7/27/2013 7:54 AM

Shadow Stradas, I'm really happy with them.
Otherwise Odyssey Aitkens, no doubt best tires ever made.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

7/27/2013 7:56 AM

Topsey wrote:

I hated my Aitken Tyres with a passion. I run Low PSI & they just roll like crap with the PSI i run. My friend had mine ...more

Bro if you want tires that roll good with low PSI go with Stradas.
And yes I agree about Aitkens, it never bothered me because I always rode them pretty hard.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

7/27/2013 8:09 AM

Odyssey frequency g tires.
I like the Aaron Ross tires too. My cult tires were good. Animal glh tires where awesome. Khe grips awesome but stupid thin

|

It’s all bmx

7/28/2013 8:39 AM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

I've had my 2.25" Aitken Street for like two years and a month now. I could probably run it until the end of the year or maybe ...more

I would have had mine just as long but this stupid kid threw a handful of glass at me. I found around twenty pieces of glass and piece of metal in my tire. I bought a new tire instead of running it again.

|

I dont say stupid things, just no one knows what im talking about.