Tires

Related:
Create New Tag

8/20/2019 11:11 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/21/2019 6:40 PM

I'm probably going to order some 2.25 FAFs today buy are there any other multi-purpose tires out there similar to the FAFs? I ride everything and the tires I have right now suck in the dirt.

|

8/20/2019 11:15 AM

Fly rubans

|

8/20/2019 1:23 PM

I ordered the FAFs. Should be here next week.

|

8/21/2019 4:23 PM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

I ordered the FAFs. Should be here next week.

Word. I was going to suggest subrosa grave diggers. FAFs look legit though.

|

8/21/2019 4:55 PM

Odyssey path pros are pretty nice 🤷🏻‍♂️

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

8/23/2019 8:23 AM

why dont you just commit suicide instead? you get to save money on tires this way

|

8/23/2019 8:44 AM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

I'm probably going to order some 2.25 FAFs today buy are there any other multi-purpose tires out there similar to the FAFs? I ride everything and the tires I have right now suck in the dirt.

Mike Aitken tires or maxxis dth

|

I like riding my bike.

8/24/2019 6:06 PM

Animal GLH's are rad and have a sweet all terrain pattern and of course They Go Like Hell in any place you take your bmx.

|

8/24/2019 6:25 PM

falloftroy20 wrote:

why dont you just commit suicide instead? you get to save money on tires this way

You should see a psychiatrist. Perhaps work through why you so desperately crave attention.

|

8/30/2019 4:44 PM

FAFs came in today right before I had to go to work. I'll pick them up tomorrow and then I'm hitting a new pump track not far from here.

|

8/30/2019 7:43 PM

The best tyres

|

8/31/2019 9:49 AM

|

9/2/2019 11:33 AM

Nice

|

Ride everything

9/2/2019 2:20 PM

So I've gotten to ride them for a bit. They are awesome. I just tooled around on the bike path yesterday and today I rode a bowl and a pump track. Very grippy and very fast. I'm very happy with them.

|

9/2/2019 4:40 PM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

Odyssey path pros are pretty nice 🤷🏻‍♂️

Path pros are great tires...for concrete. I found them very scary on dirt.

I actually really like Maxxis tread patterns and I'm all about their tires for MTB, but their BMX tires are just a bit too skinny and racer style. If I could get 2.3 or 2.4'' Torches I'd get them.

|

9/4/2019 11:06 PM

BillyBigRigger wrote:

Animal GLH's are rad and have a sweet all terrain pattern and of course They Go Like Hell in any place you take your bmx.

Those are durable but I found them to be incredibly slow and heavy. Made riding a chore.

I was always an S&M Speedball devotee but I tried the Eclat Mirage at the advice of Bulletpup and I like them alot. Fast and light, and very puncture resistant (my only issue with the Speedballs). Made by Maxxis so you know they're good. Gonna get a pair of the folding tires once these wear out

|

9/5/2019 6:37 AM

i stand by maxxis tires! i have rode them for years and they have worked awesome for me

|

just living with autism and riding bikes

9/6/2019 7:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/6/2019 7:24 PM

BillyBigRigger wrote:

Da Biker Boy wrote:

Those are durable but I found them to be incredibly slow and heavy. Made riding a chore.

I was always an S&M Speedball devotee but I tried the Eclat Mirage at the advice of Bulletpup and I like them alot. Fast and light, and very puncture resistant (my only issue with the Speedballs). Made by Maxxis so you know they're good. Gonna get a pair of the folding tires once these wear out

Nobody calls the BSD Donnasqueaks heavy, yet the 2.25 Donnasqueaks weight more than the 2.3 Animal GLH. I own both. I weighed both. The GLH is not a heavy tire far as wire beads are concerned. I respect that you don't like how they feel, I just can't get on board with the heavy part.

|

9/6/2019 9:33 PM

Ares A-class tires are the bees knees

|

fack off

9/7/2019 4:17 PM

I just went from 2.0 premiums refuse resist to 2.30 fiction troops and man does it feel sluggish with spins

|

I believe in hub guard protection

9/8/2019 6:02 AM

BillyBigRigger wrote:

Da Biker Boy wrote:

BillyBigRigger wrote:

Nobody calls the BSD Donnasqueaks heavy, yet the 2.25 Donnasqueaks weight more than the 2.3 Animal GLH. I own both. I weighed both. The GLH is not a heavy tire far as wire beads are concerned. I respect that you don't like how they feel, I just can't get on board with the heavy part.

The 2.25 Donnasqueak is 4oz lighter than the 2.3 GLH (24 vs 28.1), per their respective manufacturers' websites. Even the 2.1 GLH is almost 3oz heavier at 26.9oz.

I don't care about heavy so much as how fast a tire goes, and the GLH just seems like it has a lot of rolling resistance. I wouldn't be able to coast nearly as long while I was riding them.

That said, they're a popular choice so I'm likely in the minority with my experience. I love how durable they are but that extra rubber seems to come with a cost

|

9/10/2019 2:30 PM

Da Biker Boy wrote:

BillyBigRigger wrote:

Da Biker Boy wrote:

The 2.25 Donnasqueak is 4oz lighter than the 2.3 GLH (24 vs 28.1), per their respective manufacturers' websites. Even the 2.1 GLH is almost 3oz heavier at 26.9oz.

I don't care about heavy so much as how fast a tire goes, and the GLH just seems like it has a lot of rolling resistance. I wouldn't be able to coast nearly as long while I was riding them.

That said, they're a popular choice so I'm likely in the minority with my experience. I love how durable they are but that extra rubber seems to come with a cost

For the samples that I had, in hand, the 2.25 donnasqueek in brown was heavier than my 2.3 GLH. 🤷‍♂️

|

9/10/2019 2:56 PM

I'm about to try a pair of Demolition momentum 2.35 tires, they seem to be a good lightweight option without a folding bead.

|