Tires put on backwards

Related:
Create New Tag

3/13/2015 6:30 AM

Having bought a used bike last year and buying another this year I've noticed that both of them (including many others that I've seen) have tires put on the wrong way.
What is this trend and why would anyone do that? It just seems like it would slightly slow you down.

|

3/13/2015 6:50 AM

faster back roll on the fakies bro.

|

3/13/2015 8:19 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/13/2015 8:21 AM

probably just lazy. it doesn't make much of a difference unless you compete

technically, it will wear the tire a little faster, but some people might tell you it provides more grip. it's just a theory tho

|

3/13/2015 8:26 AM

Velo/Raptor wrote:

probably just lazy. it doesn't make much of a difference unless you compete

technically, it will wear the tire a little ...more

This and only if they are directional. Most BMX tires have a universal tread, some are visually directional, but they don't really cause much issue if backwards.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/13/2015 9:30 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/13/2015 9:30 AM

I didn't realize that was a trend. I've put tires on backwards by accident before, it seems like the person either didn't know what they were doing or was just lazy as fuck

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

3/13/2015 11:15 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/13/2015 11:15 AM

i put my rear tire on backwards every time and im just to lazy to take it apart again but its all good i havent really felt a difference and i pop more tubes in the tire facing the correct way anyway

|

3/14/2015 3:02 PM

Silentman_Man wrote:

i put my rear tire on backwards every time and im just to lazy to take it apart again but its all good i havent really felt a ...more

pop more tubes? ermm

|

please embed videos

My art c:

bought from: Mario.villegas90, robinson79
[b]

3/14/2015 3:14 PM

i have tires sometimes wear a lot more on one side (left, right) so i''ll flip them to get a bit more life out of them

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

3/14/2015 11:54 PM

cro tec wrote:

pop more tubes? ermm

yea its kinda a weird superstition with me ive popped 3 tubes in the tire facing the correct direction (front) in the time its taken to pop 1 rear tube facing the wrong direction and the day i had actually put my front tire the correct direction i popped the tube but thats just me

|