Titanium Eastern Reaper Frame

Related:
Create New Tag

4/28/2011 9:24 PM

BJ Tomczik wrote:

i'm chill, you're missing the point...

"cuz they all broken pretty much" is a false statement, and a stupid one as well. I'm ...more

getskyhigh wrote:

they stopped making them for reason

BJ Tomczik wrote:

i'm amazed by some of the things people say on here

did S&M stop making the LAF because it sucked? Nope

did Tree stop ...more

cause s&m made a better one

|

refs:spikez-mikelee-ScramHype-CGcaps-Droogskull-Blake El Gingero-hcpmichael

4/28/2011 11:57 PM

jbeaton13 wrote:

no where cuz they all are broken pretty much and they costed 1300 for a frame ti is hard as hell to weld so most just snapped

BJ Tomczik wrote:

did they? do you have proof of this?

and there is no way your bike is under 20 pounds, prove it

ummm bj lol im pretty shure every bike on here is close to 20 pounds
mine is 19.5

|

air outs are fun .

4/29/2011 12:36 AM

jbeaton13 wrote:

no where cuz they all are broken pretty much and they costed 1300 for a frame ti is hard as hell to weld so most just snapped

BJ Tomczik wrote:

Casey_Smith wrote:

mine is 19.5

put it on a set of scales.

|

4/29/2011 2:39 AM

Why argue with someone that represents the company of the the thing you are arguing about? You won't win. Bj isn't saying that it was a great success, or that none ever broke. I bet he'd never run one for a start. He was saying that what someone originally said was stupid and untrue.

|

4/29/2011 7:13 AM

Lol at a newfag trying to argue with someone who works for Eastern...

|

MOTW- 6/21/10- 6/27/10
Refs- Hyphy
Facebook

4/29/2011 9:40 AM

jbeaton13 wrote:

added everything up and i was even rounding up for everything so its a little more than actual but comes to 18.5 then add air ...more

BJ Tomczik wrote:

For the record, the companies tell Dans what weight to post... use a scale chief

jbeaton13 wrote:

i did and it weighed 19.8 so its dead on

Bullshit, you can't have a near 5lbs frame with no Ti and it weighs under 20lbs. Take a picture of it on the scale, and then we'll believe you.

|

PSN - TheNunPoacher

4/29/2011 9:42 AM

I enjoy those of you arguing with BJ, considering he is Eastern's WARRANTY guy, and he likely would be getting calls about this frame if they were breaking. Not to mention, of all people on here, he would have heard about it before you.

Dan's weights are inaccurate. When we get new parts in the shop, sometimes I check out of curiosity's sake. Every time I have, they are off by usually an ounce + on small stuff.

I would also like to bring to light how many kids think their bike weighs like 14 lbs, but it is really over 25. I see it almost daily at the shop. If you truly want to prove it (not just claiming it) you would hit up your local shop with a digital Park Tool Scale and weigh it, then take a photo, and post it. (Obviously next time you are there, no need for a special trip)

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/29/2011 10:06 AM

getskyhigh wrote:

they stopped making them for reason

i dont even really think they ever put them into production, there was probably a select few made, i could be wrong though

|

4/29/2011 10:26 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

I enjoy those of you arguing with BJ, considering he is Eastern's WARRANTY guy, and he likely would be getting calls about ...more

yes, i heard they stopped makeing them because they couldnt warrenty it, just as profile doesn't warrenty titanium parts. also the rep on the frame is it wont hold up to street (not saying they broke) and they flex ALOT... other then that its a ground breaking frame but, i would never ride it.

never go by dans weights they are off on alot of parts. just as some people come up to me saying they have a front wheel that weighs less then one pound, just saying the people are dumb. the logic is ti spokes (32 spoke) weigh close to 4oz -/+ .5oz, the lightest rim ive seen was 8oz est. (deviant that was drilled), lightest hub close to 6oz(infect ti. lt.) and nipples -/+ 1oz = 19oz = more then a pound.
im no weight nazi, i have a 28lb bike but im just sayin that the weights are usually off...(small parts are listed btw)

my conclusion is i agreee with bj and dave!!

|

life unlike all others
i'm not.
bad ass bikes i couldn't do without
check my setup out here
email at jackass420foralife@yahoo.com

4/29/2011 10:33 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

I enjoy those of you arguing with BJ, considering he is Eastern's WARRANTY guy, and he likely would be getting calls about ...more

thecook wrote:

yes, i heard they stopped makeing them because they couldnt warrenty it, just as profile doesn't warrenty titanium parts. also ...more

I thought Titanium didn't flex, it was just brittle, so it snapped?

|

MOTW- 6/21/10- 6/27/10
Refs- Hyphy
Facebook

4/29/2011 10:34 AM

my bikes 24 lbs and its a dk siklon

|

me
setup

nollie tailwhips
nose manual
nollie 540 cab try it its fun

4/29/2011 10:35 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/29/2011 10:35 AM

Easternbiker93 wrote:

I thought Titanium didn't flex, it was just brittle, so it snapped?

haha i was seriously about to say the same exact thing, i think maybe it would flexe but not bend, and when it flexes beyond a certain point at a given time, then it will snap

|

4/29/2011 10:44 AM

jbeaton13 wrote:

BJ Tomczik wrote:

Casey_Smith wrote:

mine is 19.5

mine is 24. heavier bikes are all over this forum, mainly because light bikes feel terrible.

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

4/29/2011 11:26 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/29/2011 11:40 AM

I love all the speculation. I'm surprised but not surprised that not one of you has figured out that maybe there just wasn't that big of a market for titanium frames. When dudes are complaining about having to spend over $300.00 on a frame, what kind of market do you expect to reach with a frame over $500.00. Schwinn had a flatland frame and fork kit out that ran for $800.00. That was 97'-98' ish. 13.5 lbs. frame and fork with stem. NEVER heard of anyone breaking the frame. The frame. for, and stem weighed in at just over 13 lbs. My complete weighed in just over 47 lb.s... So what up now? Only met one dude on the road that actually bought one and that was Diversion's Bobby Carter. The reason for discontinuing that frame was due to the price that it took to be produced and the bitter price tag for the consumer . There wasn't a market for a $800.00 frame and fork. You could have the biggest, coolest bike company make a ti frame and the fact remains... no one has that kind of money to spend on a frame when you could get a brand new complete for a few hundred dollars cheaper. And just to be clear... Schwinn at the time was making some of the burliest frames and forks out there. I broke 2 pairs of those forks. The only other pair to come back was from Dave Osato. So the theory of just making frames and parts that are beefier and won't break is laughable. I don't care what type of degree you have.

|