Titanium Spokes vs Normal Spokes

Related:
Create New Tag

2/9/2012 12:48 PM

What do you guys think i want to find out for sure what is the strongest and what feels the best to ride and also to all the obvious haters of ti spokes if they are so crap how come so many of the worlds best riders ride them ?

|

2/9/2012 12:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/9/2012 12:50 PM

why the fuck would you pay that much for ti spokes when normal ones are just fine? ti ones are brittle and shit. pros like mike spinner run them because theyre park pros and want a light bike for their video game tricks. if you wanna pay that much go ahead.

|

2/9/2012 1:13 PM

No kidding. The "best riders in the world" who ride them don't have to pay for them, and they ride smoother than you ever will. Ti spokes are a waste.

|

My BTM. // Facebook // Twitter // Google+ // Refs: guitar_frk, ridelittlebikes43, streetrat420, jb07, werkheiserBMX, SuperstarDK, trentydoo, BEASTASSDICK, pcoco, Showtime402, SnM An1mal.

2/9/2012 1:27 PM

I dont think you are 100% correct personally i think ti spokes are stronger then what people say ..

|

2/9/2012 1:35 PM

Jackbikesmate wrote:

I dont think you are 100% correct personally i think ti spokes are stronger then what people say ..

Since you're the fucking expert, why'd you ask.

|

(̅_̅_̅_̅(̲̲(̅_̅_̲̅м̲̅­­­­a̲̅я̲­­­­­­­­­­­­­̅i̲̅j̲̅u̲̅a̲̅n̲̅a̲­̅­_­̅­­­_­­­̅­­­_­­­̅­(­)~~
Ref's: BEASTASSDICKwink, the_bmxist, FUTURE FBM.

2/9/2012 1:36 PM

Jackbikesmate wrote:

Titanium has a good strength to weight ratio, so it is ok for some things.

Pros ride them because:
1. they can afford them
2. they are smooth riders, so the spokes can take the abuse

|

2/9/2012 4:00 PM

HAVING A SCREW DRIVER STUCK UP UR ASS :VS: GETIN THE MEANEST HEAD
U DECIDE

|

BIKE CHECK!
BEEN HERE SINCE 07 TRUE OG
if you’re pegs ain’t steel, you ain’t real
refs- way to many just ask around
FLICKR
CRAZY MAAZY

2/9/2012 4:19 PM

if your smooth or a flatlander, do it, if you want things that last and dont care about maintenance or replacing things dont do it

im a strong believer from the 90's, when things didnt break but were heavy, you were always in the knowledge that products lasted a lifetime, and you would be able to pass your bmx to your children

|

2/9/2012 5:05 PM

Ti spokes don't belong in the street or on trails. they belong in parks.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

2/9/2012 5:16 PM

Buy the titanium spokes and let us know how you like them in a few months!

|

2/9/2012 5:40 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/9/2012 5:41 PM

Jackbikesmate wrote:

looks good to me

|

2/9/2012 5:59 PM

heres what i found when i rode them.. they look awesome.. it feels good to say you have them.. i was out riding street on night with some buddies. just bunny hopped a 9 set and the side walk. when i landed i busted ALL 36 spokes destroyed the rim. and bent my s&m pitch forks into my frame and cracked my skull open.. so id ride ti spokes again but i wouldnt ever ride street with them... just my 2 cents..

|

2/9/2012 8:34 PM

Jackbikesmate wrote:

Sessionpro wrote:

Umm wake the fuck up spastic i just think they are probally stronger then what people say because some people make out there snap with the fucking touch of a finger so stop trying to be a keyboard warrior...

|

2/9/2012 9:07 PM

codymulanax wrote:

heres what i found when i rode them.. they look awesome.. it feels good to say you have them.. i was out riding street on ...more

DAAMNNN!!!

I don't believe you.

|

2/9/2012 11:42 PM

Jackbikesmate wrote:

Sessionpro wrote:

Jackbikesmate wrote:

Umm wake the fuck up spastic i just think they are probally stronger then what people say because some people make out there ...more

[LINK TO IMAGE]
But seriously. I've hear that they're more rigid than normal spokes and so instead of flexing they snap. Of course they'll take some abuse but anything half decent... Oh and I know jack shit, just sayin what I've heard
|

My Old* Steed

Click here and follow me :D
Twitterrr

2/9/2012 11:51 PM

Sessionpro wrote:

Jackbikesmate wrote:

Umm wake the fuck up spastic i just think they are probally stronger then what people say because some people make out there ...more

jacobf wrote: [LINK TO IMAGE]
But seriously. I've hear that they're more rigid than normal spokes and so instead of flexing they snap. Of ...more

I am mad im australian ..

|

2/10/2012 4:10 AM

Jackbikesmate wrote:

OH SHIT!@ Now you're mad and strangely homoerotic!

|

(̅_̅_̅_̅(̲̲(̅_̅_̲̅м̲̅­­­­a̲̅я̲­­­­­­­­­­­­­̅i̲̅j̲̅u̲̅a̲̅n̲̅a̲­̅­_­̅­­­_­­­̅­­­_­­­̅­(­)~~
Ref's: BEASTASSDICKwink, the_bmxist, FUTURE FBM.

2/10/2012 4:12 AM

jacobf wrote: [LINK TO IMAGE]
But seriously. I've hear that they're more rigid than normal spokes and so instead of flexing they snap. Of ...more
Jackbikesmate wrote:

Sessionpro wrote:

OH SHIT!@ Now you're mad and strangely homoerotic!

Solid..

|

2/10/2012 11:07 AM

Its such a large investment for such little weight loss. I personally have ran ti spokes many times, threw racing and even freestyle. I broke maybe 2 or 3 from grinding. I would never pay for them again though

|

twitter

PROBZ

2/10/2012 11:39 AM

i had them on a wheel my friend let me borrow, i wasnt very good but i snapped 2 of them, one from a slow flat 180 and the other not sure about

|

2/10/2012 11:42 AM

Double butted is where its at. you save some weight, and they are just as good as normal spokes. But if you land sideways they will flex alot but i havent had problems

|

Just send it!

2/10/2012 1:44 PM

Fanks guy the last three comments a great i just want a good convo weather they are worth it or not... not some keyboard warriors just posting shit trying to be awesome

|

2/10/2012 1:55 PM

ti spokes are for racing really, and flowy park riders

|

"Forget 'today', 'today' is just tomorrow, disguised as yesterday"
TRANSPORTATION CHECK
Refs: ThrowAfit, 2funny4u, ridebmx456, spikez5, irideafly and a bunch of others, I'M LEGIT.
email= element4all@yahoo.com
facebook.
Instagram

2/10/2012 2:00 PM

So whats your actually definition of flowy park riders ?

|

2/10/2012 2:05 PM

Jackbikesmate wrote:

So whats your actually definition of flowy park riders ?

sean burns

|

3/23/2012 1:43 AM

I mean have you ever heard of someone having ti spokes for over 2 years ?

|

3/23/2012 3:28 AM

Jackbikesmate wrote:

I mean have you ever heard of someone having ti spokes for over 2 years ?

Lol they're for racing man they'll last a couple months at the most for freestyle

|

3/23/2012 3:30 AM

But have you ever ridden them or know that for a fact.. ?

|

3/23/2012 3:52 AM

Jackbikesmate wrote:

But have you ever ridden them or know that for a fact.. ?

My buddy I ride with crashed through them like the mark Webb video in this thread in under two months...

|

3/23/2012 5:54 AM

yer i was just wondering i only really wanted them for the purple rainbow colour but no other spokes come in it ..

|