Titanium sucks!

Related:
Create New Tag

3/2/2015 3:31 PM

As many of you know, i snapped my collarbone last year and had a titanium plate put on it. I have had a lot of issues with my shoulder the last two months so i went to the doctor today and i find out my plate is snapped and my bone cracked again. It's crazy because that rarely happens. Crazier thing is that it broke two months ago when i face planted on a gap. I went to the doctor then but he said it was just my muscles bruised. I have surgery next week and 3 and a half months of recovery to follow. So yeah, titanium sucks!

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

3/2/2015 3:45 PM

Man, that sucks to here. I know what you're going through

|

F¬ Bom 5403692331

3/2/2015 3:58 PM

Titanium is basically the only material we can practically use to replace human bone and has allowed people to regain the ability to walk among many other things, so I dont think it sucks too much

|

Insta: @thenoahrolf
Refs: Hatebreeder, vinum
Bike Check

Wrong! Russia doesn't even have gays! America is 80% homosexual! - mantaymark

the word n****r actually means ignorant in its original definition it wasn't until the internet became popular and it was changed to mean black people - OneGuyIlluminatiEye

3/2/2015 4:02 PM

notorious NIG wrote:

Titanium is basically the only material we can practically use to replace human bone and has allowed people to regain the ...more

Well aren't you just Mr. Smarty Pants

|

bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

3/2/2015 4:25 PM

notorious NIG wrote:

Titanium is basically the only material we can practically use to replace human bone and has allowed people to regain the ...more

This.

I think he is mad because he can't ride for a while.

Moral of the story, don't fall on your shoulder. Simple as that. Then you don't have issues.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/2/2015 4:27 PM

Hope Ya heel up soon dude , being injured sucks , winters almost over here in Canada and last summer was my first in 6 years without a sidelining injury , I hope to repeat that this year , still don't have any internal titanium though , sounds like a brutal process

|

3/2/2015 4:34 PM

notorious NIG wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

This.

Moral of the story, don't fall on your shoulder. Simple as that. ...more

Wow, you're an asshole. But yeah, i wouldn't run titanium parts on my bike, i wish there was another option for my body.

|

bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

3/2/2015 4:35 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Hope Ya heel up soon dude , being injured sucks , winters almost over here in Canada and last summer was my first in 6 years ...more

Yeah it sucks a lot, thanks.

|

bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

3/2/2015 4:59 PM

Damn that sucks man, hope you have a quick recovery.

|

My FBM bike check

3/2/2015 5:14 PM

First time I've ever seen anyone call Dave a ass hole.... laughing

Anyways.They use ti because it wont corrode and be rejected by your body.

|

3/2/2015 5:28 PM

bloghogs wrote:

Anyways.They use ti because it wont corrode and be rejected by ...more

It'd be funnier if you could get black magic odyssey parts put in though.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

3/2/2015 5:58 PM

After it heals request that it be removed. My friends have had theirs removed for fear of breaking them again. I have a plate in my collarbone and a rod in my femur with no problems.

|

3/2/2015 6:06 PM

bobPA wrote:

After it heals request that it be removed. My friends have had theirs removed for fear of breaking them again. I have a plate ...more

I don't want to do that because it is another surgery that costs money and costs riding time

|

bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

3/2/2015 7:33 PM

bobPA wrote:

After it heals request that it be removed. My friends have had theirs removed for fear of breaking them again. I have a plate ...more

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

I don't want to do that because it is another surgery that costs money and costs riding time

Get a 6 month visa in Australia and get free medical care.

|

bicycle more like bikecycle

3/2/2015 7:38 PM

bobPA wrote:

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

tainted1581 wrote:

Get a 6 month visa in Australia and get free medical care.

totally need to do this and have my plate removed!! =)

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

3/2/2015 8:56 PM

Canada. free healthcare is my saviour.

don't hate titanium. i used to ride DH until a 30 foot drop off the front of the bike snapped both arms like twigs. i havee 4 titanium plates, 32 screws, and it took 58 staples and 13 stitches to close me up. the day after i got my casts of, i got hit by a car (on foot, as i wasnt back on the bike yet) and bent both plates in my right arm. the docs said i could start the whole process from scratch or see if it would heal up with the bends. i chose the latter and although my arm isn't the same shape it used to be, the titanium plates were strong enough to hold up for the healing process. 4 years later my arm is still pain free and has full range of motion.

|

3/3/2015 3:53 AM

Tell your doctor it's heat treated 4130 or GTFO. fucking weight weenie doctors. It's not like it's rotating weight.

J/K

|

3/3/2015 4:26 AM

You can always use an axle bolt doc?? Maybe he'll go for it?? HaHahaa
hope you heal quickly Curtis.

|

F¬ Bom 5403692331

3/3/2015 6:03 AM

tecnic1 wrote:

Tell your doctor it's heat treated 4130 or GTFO. fucking weight weenie doctors. It's not like it's rotating weight.

J/K

Exactly what i'm saying, i keep breaking myself but my frame is going strong! Haha

|

bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

3/3/2015 7:41 AM

I actually replaced all my bones with titanium and used KY Jelly as lube for my appendages. Fuck Jenny Craig, all i needed was 10000000 dollars and a really greedy doctor to save my 25 ounces. #noragrets

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

3/3/2015 7:56 AM

Damn bro that's shitty as hell. Hope you heal up quick.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

3/3/2015 10:11 AM

notorious NIG wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

This.

Moral of the story, don't fall on your shoulder. Simple as that. ...more

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Wow, you're an asshole. But yeah, i wouldn't run titanium parts on my bike, i wish there was another option for my body.

Wow. I didn't realize that smartassery would cause a reaction like that. :D

As to putting steel in your body, have fun with that one. Setting off metal detectors at airports, corrosion, and lots of other factors. Yup.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/3/2015 10:12 AM

bloghogs wrote:

Anyways.They use ti because it wont corrode and be rejected by ...more

Haha right! :D

I guess I am rocking 2015 pretty well tongue

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/3/2015 4:04 PM

titanium is awesome

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

3/3/2015 5:48 PM

GO EARLY DAYS HOFFMAN AND WEAR FULL BODY ARMOR!

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

3/3/2015 6:31 PM

i want ti teath

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit