Today is the DAY...

Related:
Create New Tag

1/19/2016 9:45 AM

...I get my new Bike for my 2016 Build! UPS says it's out for delivery and I'm so happy I could get every piece before February! Every single part is from EMPIRE BMX. I wish everyone joy/happiness and I love you all smile

The parts:

72 x USA Brand stainless spoke
2 x Primo VS rim
2 x Tube - (20" x 1.75" - 2.4")
1 x Sunday rimstrips
2 x Maxxis Grifter tire
1 x Madera Mast stem
1 x Madera Helm SD sprocket
1 x Madera v2 cassette hub
1 x Madera front hub
1 x Kink Titan frame
1 x Mutiny Tripod seat post
1 x Fiend Ty Morrow Tripod seat
1 x Profile Race cranks
1 x Profile Mid bottom bracket
1 x Cult halflink chain
1 x Odyssey Evo II brake
1 x Deluxe BMX F-Lite CNC pedals
1 x Shadow Conspiracy Sano detangler
1 x S&M detangler plate
1 x Shadow Conspiracy Sano brake lever
1 x Odyssey Pro Conical headset
1 x Shadow Conspiracy Deadbolt bar ends
1 x Odyssey Gyro G3 upper cable
1 x Odyssey London Mod
1 x Demolition Elite fork
2 x Odyssey Slic Kable
1 x Cult AK grips
1 x S&M Grand Slam handlebar

Total Cost: 1607.86 free Shipping and this is the cost after using a coupon.

|

"STREET" all day, ere'day.

1/19/2016 9:50 AM

Congratulations bro! I hope you love it! Make sure you take pictures and post them when its all done, that thing is going to be a beast!

|

Ride Until The Day I Die

1/19/2016 9:50 AM

looks like a good build, looking forward to seeing the finished product

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

1/19/2016 10:11 AM

When I woke up in the morning I got an email notification and it made me spit my coffee. LOL wasn't expecting my order so soon, because some of the stuff I wanted Empire didn't have in stock and I told them to take their time and mail it to when they get those parts.

And I will love my new chrome bike! I'm not rich by any means, but I work 3 jobs so I can support my family and my hobby! I will post a bike check soon as I can, however I will probably ride it a little today first after assembling it. I got the tools, grease, and lube ready; just camping outside my front door like a vulture with my laptop waiting eagerly for the UPS man.

|

1/19/2016 10:17 AM

I also hope none of my coworkers or bosses are vitalmembers/realize anything lol; called in sick today of course, because I got the case of Bike Fever tongue

|

1/19/2016 10:50 AM

haha niiiiiice! excited for you, man. it looks like you got the works..detangler 'n everything. really looking forward to seeing it put together! take lots of pics and flood them into a thread laughing (just looked up the frame, you got chrome? it looks dope!)

|

I can't upload a photo for my sig. it's that guy puking really hard, except it's coming out of his ears and eyes, too. just imagine that instead of this text. oh look, there he is now!

1/19/2016 11:25 AM

The ONLY thing I would have done differently is I ALWAYS get a few extra spokes in every size I need for the wheels I build, PURELY because I have had some come through haggard and unusable, and if I break one I have a spare.

Outside of that nothing but jealousy because I love new bike day and bike work day!

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/19/2016 11:39 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/19/2016 11:41 AM

Why just 1 rim strip though?

You should have gotten 2 more tubes and a few more extra grips.

son, i am disappoint.

1/10

jk.

Have fun building it and don't forget to grease the threads on every bolt. smile

EDIT : You have a MID BB for a Kink frame? Don't they use spanish BB though???

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

1/19/2016 11:56 AM

I have many spare spokes if any are bad. The rim strips are sold in pairs and I have 2 pairs of unused grips (Cult Vans). I also have 3 other tire tubes. I called Empire to ask about the chrome Kink Titan Frame with a mid BB; they didn't have it in stock at the time, but were aware that Kink does offer such an option so they ordered for me.

I will try to build this bike mainly from what I ordered, however I have spare bolts and such in case I run into any problems. I wanted to build this bike from parts only from Empire or try to. If I accomplish this, it will be my first bike made purely out of parts from Empire, no Dans or Albes, etc, however much love to them and respect for all good bike stores.

I love and support Empire BMX, even though Thomas and Taylor may be annoyed at how many times I call their store! I know there are other stores and even better ones out there, but every cent I spend for BMX I want it to go to Empire. Again I do respect all other good shops too!

|

1/19/2016 12:04 PM

I also have other BMX bikes in case I need to pull parts from them, but that is a last resort. Well except Kreggy; I would not want to use any parts from Kreggy. Kreggy is a special bike that is a mash up of parts all bought on craigslist. Probably the ugliest bike I own (not too ugly though paint stripped and repainted all black), but I notice it is the smoothest ride I have too.

|

1/19/2016 12:08 PM

Damn this UPS man is taking too long! I've already peed behind the bushes around my home a couple of times waiting outside for this Mofo, but I'm starting to have to take a crap!

|

1/19/2016 12:19 PM

He's Here! Talk to you guys later I love you all and hope the blowjob fairy visits you and swallows!!!!!!

|

1/19/2016 12:53 PM

EMPIRE FTW! Let me know how you like the pedals as I am on the fence about trying them.

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

Refs-brokenbmx, MaximusBikes, Brian_Griffin, Colonydirt94, Aebasher

1/19/2016 1:11 PM

Sounds awesome! I was nearly that excited waiting for my forks haha. Hope the build goes well and you enjoy it!

|

1/19/2016 1:29 PM

I know the feeling man? Waiting on my parts from Empire, but unfortunately they'll be here tomorrow? Sounds like an awesome build

|

F¬ Bom 5403692331

1/19/2016 2:31 PM

See I am waiting on what will likely become my new 29er!

Well, waiting on the dude who is selling it who plans to swap a few parts to meet my budget! YAY!

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/19/2016 3:09 PM

i definitely know the feeling. ive been waiting 3 weeks for my new rim to come so i can lace it to my wasp hub

|

ride bikes, have fun

STRAIGHT OUTTA STRAYA

1/19/2016 3:12 PM

Haha you got us in suspense! Sounds like a gnarly build. I ordered ALL my parts from Empire as well, awesome crew there.

|

Smoke Drink Die

1/19/2016 3:16 PM

i've never got to experience this feeling...

|

1/19/2016 3:24 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Well, waiting on the dude who is selling it who plans to swap a few ...more

26 ftw

|

1/19/2016 3:25 PM

420bongblazer wrote:

Sorry to here that man.. What part are you in need of ? If i have an extra I'll send it to you?

|

F¬ Bom 5403692331

1/19/2016 3:34 PM

420bongblazer wrote:

Brian_Griffin wrote:

Sorry to here that man.. What part are you in need of ? If i have an extra I'll send it to you?

what you should do is maybe just send him a box of random parts. then the feeling will be even greater. if i lived closer i would do but shipping for me is like $100

|

ride bikes, have fun

STRAIGHT OUTTA STRAYA

1/19/2016 3:50 PM

Brian_Griffin wrote:

lol i mean the feeling of being really excited when waiting for a package bc I get a lot of stuff from my lbs. Thanks for the offer tho haha

|

1/19/2016 3:50 PM

420bongblazer wrote:

Brian_Griffin wrote:

aussiebmxer wrote:

what you should do is maybe just send him a box of random parts. then the feeling will be even greater. if i lived closer i ...more

I do have a bunch of extra parts i have no use for anymore. Hit me up 420 bongblazer # is in signature. .
Sorry not trying to thread jack

|

F¬ Bom 5403692331

1/19/2016 3:54 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

biggybuggy wrote:

26 ftw

Both have benefits. 26 typically has a more nimble feel and control and it better for jumping, BUT for what I am using it for, a 29 will be better. I will be commuting to and from work, riding in crap weather, single track (in MN is pretty flat compared to other places) and hauling my son around in his trailer.

It will be a bright pink Surly Karate Monkey. Awesome.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/19/2016 4:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/19/2016 4:24 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

I really want to build an all-mountain hardtail 29er one day (with aggressive geo).

Also where's the pics of all these parts, or bike! smile

|

1/19/2016 4:25 PM

Buzzbegone wrote:

Damn this UPS man is taking too long! I've already peed behind the bushes around my home a couple of times waiting outside for ...more

lmao "honey...what is our neighbor doing?" "he appears to be...pissing into that bush. for a few hours now. then he drinks more water and waits until he has to go again....and now he's defecating. let's just pretend we didn't see. wait, now he's running out to greet the postman, pants around his ankles. definitely did not see."

|

I can't upload a photo for my sig. it's that guy puking really hard, except it's coming out of his ears and eyes, too. just imagine that instead of this text. oh look, there he is now!

1/20/2016 6:17 AM

Sorry I ended up riding all night and now I'm at work (boo). I didn't even install the brakes and detangler yet; I plan to do that after work. Will post pic soon. All parts fit like a charm.

@Ricked_em
I've used Deluxe F Lite pedals before and they are great. Very grippy even without micro knurling, but harsh pedal bite although that's with any metal pedals really. Plus they're very beautiful pedals.

|

1/20/2016 7:10 AM

This is going to be badass!

|

If it ain't broke...

1/20/2016 2:30 PM

Buzzbegone wrote:

Sorry I ended up riding all night and now I'm at work (boo). I didn't even install the brakes and detangler yet; I plan to do ...more

When you get a chance post up a photo!

When spring rolls around and it is bike painting time for me, I am going to take photos of the rip down process, sanding painting and then reassembly.

Word.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura