Took off my pegs due to the short cs of the williams

Related:
Create New Tag

4/28/2019 10:19 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/28/2019 10:20 AM

Well I took my pegs of and found I'm still doing all my grinds pegless like ice double peg Smith so I kept my hub guards on. My question is does any one have experience with the the animal nub nuts do they wear fast how do they feel so on. Or should I just get 165 mm profiles right now pegless grinding doesn't bother me and I'm having fun with it.

|

I believe in hub guard protection

4/28/2019 5:46 PM

If you can pegless grind fine there's no point in buying tiny axle extenders, IMO.

But yes, short cranks will solve the problem of your foot hitting the rear pegs.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @scootereyn // YouTube: Reyn Honbo - RH MEDIA

4/28/2019 5:50 PM

Definitely keep the hub guards and I think those mini pegs/bolts have practicality for someone wanting a bit more surface area without the get-in-the-way nature of regular pegs while rolling around. I think some of the mini pegs have a non-standard threading that only work with Profile hubs though...not sure but I remember something about that.

|

4/28/2019 10:38 PM

They’ll no longer be pegless grinds if you use mini pegs 😉

|

4/29/2019 8:49 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/29/2019 8:56 AM

I like them ... you have to grind more precise than with regular pegs, they will last longer than regular alloy-nuts, not every curb or ledge will be grindable but Chris Silva can do everything with these nuts ...

|

4/29/2019 10:09 AM

vie4130 wrote:

I like them ... you have to grind more precise than with regular pegs, they will last longer than regular alloy-nuts, not every curb or ledge will be grindable but Chris Silva can do everything with these nuts ...

thats why hes back on actual pegs and hoder laughing at the scooter pegs

|

Lessons not learned in blood are soon forgotten

4/29/2019 10:36 AM

Part of what sux about grinding on my back foot side is I couldn't even go to 3 pegs I would still have the issiue

|

4/29/2019 11:40 AM

Part of what sux about grinding on my back foot side is I couldn't even go to 3 pegs I would still have the issue grinding shit footed was not a problem years ago lol

|

4/30/2019 6:32 AM

What's the point of taking your pegs off if you're gonna do the same grinds? Might as well spare your frame the wear and tear and run pegs

|

4/30/2019 6:37 AM

Swaggy P wrote:

What's the point of taking your pegs off if you're gonna do the same grinds? Might as well spare your frame the wear and tear and run pegs

i think his feet were hitting the pegs while pedaling due the the short CS and 175mm cranks.

|

4/30/2019 6:37 AM

Swaggy P wrote:

Saves the annoyance of hitting your feet off the pegs and adds a bit of extra challenge.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

4/30/2019 6:54 AM

Trying smaller cranks may help, but nothing will help more than just riding it. You will adapt. You will stop clipping your foot on that peg.

I wear sz13 and have rode as short as a 12.6" back end with 4 pegs and have never had issues with clipping my heel for longer than a day. It's all about foot placement & positioning while you're pedaling.

That said, I got 10x more respect for anyone grinding on micro pegs instead of half-foot long tubes with plastic sleeves lmao

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

4/30/2019 7:20 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/30/2019 7:21 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Trying smaller cranks may help, but nothing will help more than just riding it. You will adapt. You will stop clipping your foot on that peg.

I wear sz13 and have rode as short as a 12.6" back end with 4 pegs and have never had issues with clipping my heel for longer than a day. It's all about foot placement & positioning while you're pedaling.

That said, I got 10x more respect for anyone grinding on micro pegs instead of half-foot long tubes with plastic sleeves lmao

Therefore 20x more respect than you have for Bullet?

|

4/30/2019 7:27 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Spongeworthy wrote:

Yes and 5x more respect than people with metals Haha. But -5x respect than people that thrash their axles and hubshells

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

4/30/2019 7:34 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/30/2019 7:42 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Spongeworthy wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Yes and 5x more respect than people with metals Haha. But -5x respect than people that thrash their axles and hubshells

Wait... if you already had negative respect for hubshell thrashers, and multiply that by -5, doesn’t that become positive respect? Or are you multiplying the 10x respect by -5x respect to give -50 respect?

|

4/30/2019 7:57 AM

Spongeworthy wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Spongeworthy wrote:

Wait... if you already had negative respect for hubshell thrashers, and multiply that by -5, doesn’t that become positive respect? Or are you multiplying the 10x respect by -5x respect to give -50 respect?

You're confusing me...

On a scale from little girl to peak physical male performance, it would go;
Aluminum pegs
Plastic pegs
Those thread on pegs from WalMart
Metal pegs
Micro pegs
Hub guards
Grinding on whatever part(s) are in the general vicinity of where pegs/guards would be

|

4/30/2019 7:59 AM

And then there's Tim Knoll.. who undoubtedly has more girth than all of us on this forum combined

|

4/30/2019 8:04 AM

Wait, you’re pro hub shell thrashing? So 10x respect minus 5x respect, giving a sum of 5x respect for nubnutz?

|

4/30/2019 8:06 AM

Spongeworthy wrote:

Wait, you’re pro hub shell thrashing? So 10x respect minus 5x respect, giving a sum of 5x respect for nubnutz?

If someone can grind without the necessary means to grind then yes x5000 respect points

|

4/30/2019 8:14 AM

Spongeworthy wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

If someone can grind without the necessary means to grind then yes x5000 respect points

?controls=1&start=14
|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

4/30/2019 8:57 AM

So that means pegless smiths, on the dropout with female hubs is pretty manly? But I get minus points for not having hubguards?

|

4/30/2019 9:27 AM

.pegless. wrote:

So that means pegless smiths, on the dropout with female hubs is pretty manly? But I get minus points for not having hubguards?

It’s a complicated system.

|

4/30/2019 10:19 AM

Spongeworthy wrote:

It’s a complicated system.

You can also purchase points via in-app offers.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

4/30/2019 6:49 PM

This past year I made the transition to pegless. I’m not trying to bring attention to myself but rather to the cause, as it is okay to ride street without pegs contrary what the mainstream chooses to showcase. My transition was a two operation procedure spaced months apart to allow healing and adaptation to the changes undergone both internally and externally...first both pegs on my non dominant but still quite functional and never neglected for more than a day or two side were removed, and I learned to love back foot pedal feebles...when I grinded that way I was now slippery and a bit reckless but felt more free and confident in the positions my new parts (or lack thereof) enabled my to achieve, compared to the banging and bashing my former protrusions were prone to reducing me to a sweaty tired heap for. Sure, sometimes I took it on the sprocket...between me and you-I still do from time to time, and it feels pretty damn good when you get it locked in there just right...so I did the pegs on one side thing for a while, but I was unhappy with how my (bike) life was going...short grinds on random one time hits barely worth getting it up for; many times without a clean pull out due to the nature of the backdoor smash n’ dash...so I decided there were certain moves, motions of poise and grace that I felt I could only truly come to embody if I had no choice but to as a result of physical reformation. I made the full transition and am now pegless. Without the rigid extensions defining my previous life I have had to look at the world in a different way, in a softer way that isn’t merely a dressed up masturbatory exercise for exhibitionist’s. Sure, there are times I miss those parts...regular side feebles feel so much better than front pedal feebles (not to bring religion into this but it feels like god doesn’t agree with people front foot pedal evidenced in the frequent occurrence that during the grind that front foot will do a miniature version of one of the good lords famous rotations and become the back foot) but there is no going back. I am a pegless and proud street rider and there is nothing that could get me to wear a strap on just to grind something because it’s ready and willing to be tagged ragged. There is so much out there and without pegs to distract me (one clear and pure head to think with) I can feel it all so much more.

|

account here is less about my and more about bike

4/30/2019 6:56 PM

ambisketcherous wrote:

This past year I made the transition to pegless. I’m not trying to bring attention to myself but rather to the cause, as it is okay to ride street without pegs contrary what the mainstream chooses to showcase. My transition was a two operation procedure spaced months apart to allow healing and adaptation to the changes undergone both internally and externally...first both pegs on my non dominant but still quite functional and never neglected for more than a day or two side were removed, and I learned to love back foot pedal feebles...when I grinded that way I was now slippery and a bit reckless but felt more free and confident in the positions my new parts (or lack thereof) enabled my to achieve, compared to the banging and bashing my former protrusions were prone to reducing me to a sweaty tired heap for. Sure, sometimes I took it on the sprocket...between me and you-I still do from time to time, and it feels pretty damn good when you get it locked in there just right...so I did the pegs on one side thing for a while, but I was unhappy with how my (bike) life was going...short grinds on random one time hits barely worth getting it up for; many times without a clean pull out due to the nature of the backdoor smash n’ dash...so I decided there were certain moves, motions of poise and grace that I felt I could only truly come to embody if I had no choice but to as a result of physical reformation. I made the full transition and am now pegless. Without the rigid extensions defining my previous life I have had to look at the world in a different way, in a softer way that isn’t merely a dressed up masturbatory exercise for exhibitionist’s. Sure, there are times I miss those parts...regular side feebles feel so much better than front pedal feebles (not to bring religion into this but it feels like god doesn’t agree with people front foot pedal evidenced in the frequent occurrence that during the grind that front foot will do a miniature version of one of the good lords famous rotations and become the back foot) but there is no going back. I am a pegless and proud street rider and there is nothing that could get me to wear a strap on just to grind something because it’s ready and willing to be tagged ragged. There is so much out there and without pegs to distract me (one clear and pure head to think with) I can feel it all so much more.

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

- Hunter S. Thompson

4/30/2019 7:26 PM

ambisketcherous wrote:

Are you drunk?

|

5/1/2019 7:19 PM

BillyBigRigger wrote:

Are you drunk?

I only just read it! Uh, what?!?

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

- Hunter S. Thompson

5/2/2019 8:01 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

You're confusing me...

Aluminum pegs
Plastic pegs
Metal pegs
Micro pegs
Hub guards
Grinding on whatever part(s) are in the general vicinity of where pegs/guards would be

How about handlebar grinds? Where do you stand with those Tim? hahahaa
|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/2/2019 8:04 AM

Spongeworthy wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

You're confusing me...

Aluminum pegs
Plastic pegs
Metal pegs
Micro pegs
Hub guards

dave lawrence wrote:

How about handlebar grinds? Where do you stand with those Tim? hahahaa

Look like 10 comments up lol

|

5/2/2019 8:06 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Look like 10 comments up lol

I saw that, your post isn't a grind.

I assume you mean the "x5000" for grinding without the means?

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura