Tools?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/23/2020 9:35 AM

just posted a topic yesterday, you guys got back to me on either buying a complete bike or building. thanks again for that!

what tools do you guys use? had a Kotulak, loved it! anyone use a Random Wrench?

|

9/23/2020 9:52 AM

i always have a 5mm and 6mm allen key on me, a 17mm socket and a chain tool, as they are all of what i need for whatever may go wrong on my bike.

|

9/23/2020 10:27 AM

Michael Cranston wrote:

i always have a 5mm and 6mm allen key on me, a 17mm socket and a chain tool, as they are all of what i need for whatever may go wrong on my bike.

Same here, minus the chain breaker because my multi tool fell apart and I lost the chain breaker part in Cat litter :/

The kotulak looks really nice, so does the odyssey travel tool. I can’t justify buying one as I carry all my regular tools with me.

Shit, now you got me wanting to buy one for convenience’s sake... i might just have to get one.

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

9/23/2020 10:59 AM

Michael Cranston wrote:

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

Same here, minus the chain breaker because my multi tool fell apart and I lost the chain breaker part in Cat litter :/

The kotulak looks really nice, so does the odyssey travel tool. I can’t justify buying one as I carry all my regular tools with me.

Shit, now you got me wanting to buy one for convenience’s sake... i might just have to get one.

i have a tall order pocket tool so apart from the chain tool i have all the allen keys and socket together.

|

9/23/2020 12:03 PM

the kotulak helps me remember how to put the bike together because of how its organized in the tube. like... all the little parts fit in a certain way.

|

9/23/2020 12:33 PM

I have a large toolbox, most of my hand tools are craftsman besides some pliers and other odds and ends. I try sticking with dewalt for power tools. I have a harbor freight breaker bar and slide hammer, I avoid them for any precision type things... no BMX tool for me though

|

9/23/2020 12:58 PM

Undertow is essential for nearly any situation
|

9/23/2020 1:58 PM

6mm & 8mm Allen keys, 17mm wrench, spoke wrench, chain breaker.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

9/23/2020 2:43 PM

i feel like i needed tire levers a few times (now that i think of it)

|

9/23/2020 2:56 PM

2,2.5,3,4,5,6,8,10mm allens, shifter, spoke wrench, pliers, 10,14,15,17mm wrench, stanley, chainbreaker, noice orange rerag, electrical tape, plumber tape and a few other things, all in my little carry case.

|

9/23/2020 4:20 PM

I have a whole tool set... I only use my kotulak tool & Merritt trifecta. Lol.

|

9/23/2020 8:56 PM

6mm allen and 17 wrench is all i carry

|

U WOT M9

9/23/2020 10:46 PM

My Odyssey travel tool has served me well over a couple years of frequent use. Couple of the allens are twisted, but still usable with no failures. If I know I'm riding over five miles or so one way, bare minimum I want to have a tube and way to air it up. If something in the drivetrain breaks I can at least push along and coast down hills. If a tire goes down and I can't fix it I'm walking.

I have a backpack with a bunch of bike specific tools like the Odyssey tool, pump, patches, spare tube, levers, chain breaker, some extra chain, spoke tool, and one or two other things I'm surely forgetting. I keep it in the house for when I'm doing general maintenance/ repairs and bring it in the car when I'm at the park, track, or whatever.

|

9/24/2020 1:32 AM

i have the shadow tool. it has really everything you need but they are defiantly unprofessional tools. it always good to have quality ones. there are nice box tools from park tool in good prices you can start off and have laying down in your garage that can be very convenient

|

9/24/2020 3:38 AM

I've used my odyssey travel tool pretty consistently for over three years with no real issues. Built several bikes using not much more than that. I always keep a pump in my car, and if I ever go street riding or travel overseas I take my demolition mini floor pump. I don't have a shed or garage and I don't work a trade so I haven't accrued many tools just yet.

|

9/24/2020 4:17 AM

ghostrider920 wrote:

just posted a topic yesterday, you guys got back to me on either buying a complete bike or building. thanks again for that!

what tools do you guys use? had a Kotulak, loved it! anyone use a Random Wrench?

I've got the V1 random wrench. It's done well for a long time.

I tend to only carry a 6 MM when just cruising the little free park in town (I live half a mile from it). But if I go anywhere else, I have a backpack with pads and some other tools.

I also currently have front and rear brakes with a gyro, so I need a couple more tools VS brakeless folks. (5MM and 2.5MM being part of that).

I have enough in my bag to totally disassemble my bike with all the brake stuff on it.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/24/2020 9:25 AM

one winter my Kotulak got really cold on the way to a skatepark. i had to wait until it got warm to open it.

|

9/24/2020 10:07 AM

Speaking of "tools".

Photo

|

9/24/2020 11:18 AM

ghostrider920 wrote:

one winter my Kotulak got really cold on the way to a skatepark. i had to wait until it got warm to open it.

You need to carry it in your scrum.

Anyway. Kotulak is the answer. Get that and an adjustable wrench and that's all you need.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

9/24/2020 11:22 AM

yeah totally! thanks for the responses guys!

|