Top Gear BMX Idea.

Related:
Create New Tag

2/8/2014 12:30 PM

I'm sure a few of you have seen the popular car show Top Gear on the BBC or for the USA BBCA. It is a very interesting show about cars and things about cars. It is quite funny and i enjoy it very much. I have my DVR set to record it almost always haha. Also, there is a new season airing this monday, i believe for America. Idk about the UK. This got me thinking, why isnt there something similar for BMX? Of course there isnt such a wide variety of BMX Bikes as there is cars, but itd be a neat little Youtube series i think.

This is my idea: Get bikes like completes or parts or anything along those lines and get a few different guys (3 funny people) to test them. Like a skatepark test (similar to the track test in the show), a street test (like the road test in the show), and a dirt test, etc. There are all sorts of things to do like this. What do you guys think?

Feel free to post your own ideas on here if you have ideas towards the show, or maybe for a BMX related youtube series involving the testing of parts, etc.

Here is a clip of the show so you know what i am talking about if you have never seen it:

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

2/8/2014 12:39 PM

I love Top Gear well the Uk one, the USA shows just doesn't have the same chemistry.
Id love too see a show that reviews and tests all things BMX with the addition of wacky humour.
The only problem is finding the funding and the right people for the job.

|

2/8/2014 12:39 PM

not sure many people have that kind of money to keep that going as a YouTube series..

|

2/8/2014 12:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/8/2014 12:43 PM

Rohammers wrote:

not sure many people have that kind of money to keep that going as a YouTube series..

Top gear doesnt buy the cars... haha you'd get companies to send the bike for testing, etc. Idk how itd all work, im just wondering if it would and if people would like it.

People like TCU or Vital BMX would run it i'd imagine bc companies would trust them.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

2/8/2014 12:44 PM

madleo wrote:

I love Top Gear well the Uk one, the USA shows just doesn't have the same chemistry.
Id love too see a show that reviews and tests all things BMX with the addition of wacky humour.
The only problem is finding the funding and the right people for the job.

That is so true. haha The USA one is okay, but the dudes just arent that funny and they arent good together. lol

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

2/8/2014 12:52 PM

The budget of 1 top gear episode is £500k (around $800k) or something like that so it would be hard to make something anywhere near as good.

|

2/8/2014 12:57 PM

500000 pounds aare 820000. A BMX top gear would be awesome, but i dont think that it will ever happen.

|

RIDE OR DIE



THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

2/8/2014 1:18 PM

BMX_Forever wrote:

The budget of 1 top gear episode is £500k (around $800k) or something like that so it would be hard to make something anywhere near as good.

I know, but it isnt like you can spend that much to rent a car. And odds are BMX Top Gear wouldnt need 50 different cameras or anything. One or two and some editing. All you would need is the people willing to do it and the companies to allow testing of their parts.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

2/8/2014 1:26 PM

BMX_Forever wrote:

The budget of 1 top gear episode is £500k (around $800k) or something like that so it would be hard to make something anywhere near as good.

MaximusBikes wrote:

I know, but it isnt like you can spend that much to rent a car. And odds are BMX Top Gear wouldnt need 50 different cameras or anything. One or two and some editing. All you would need is the people willing to do it and the companies to allow testing of their parts.

Yeah I see what you mean, it would be cool if it did happen.

|

2/8/2014 8:05 PM

This is probably the best idea I've ever heard this is awesome!

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

2/8/2014 8:06 PM

It would be cool because the only reviews of bmx stuff is internet forums aside from just asking people.

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

2/8/2014 8:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/8/2014 8:11 PM

Top gear uk had like some guy with a bike on there i forget the ep but oh well.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

2/9/2014 12:56 AM

Mikel8149 wrote:

Top gear uk had like some guy with a bike on there i forget the ep but oh well.

You mean this?

|

2/9/2014 3:11 AM

I like how it says BMX bandits....

|

Bruh

2/9/2014 3:22 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

You mean this?

Love that episode!

I have to be REALLY. Bored before I'll watch the U.S. version. Winter has sucked here and I still won't. Top Gear UK is the ONLY Top Gear as far as I'm concerned. I think I'll watch a whole bunch today.

As far as the BMX version, it may work for a bit on YouTube, but I can't see it working on normal tv. The vast majority would no more watch it than they buy and ride BMX bikes.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.