Top Ten Riders of This Decade

Related:
Create New Tag

12/31/2019 3:17 AM

2020 marks the beginning of a brand new decade!

In your opinion, who were the ten most BMX important riders from this past decade?

January 1, 2010 - December 31, 2019.

GO!

|

12/31/2019 3:27 AM

Ryan Nyquist... still going strong and now coaching!

|

12/31/2019 6:10 AM

Morgan Wade

|

fack off

12/31/2019 7:24 AM

Jay Dalton. he is one of the most underrated riders. He can do pretty much anything he wants with a massive smile on his face.

|

12/31/2019 8:11 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/31/2019 8:16 AM

Top ten?
Dennis enarson, jamie bestwick, larry edgar, perris benegas, stevie churchill, hannah roberts, courage adams, Garrett Reynolds, dane searls, ryan williams

Edit: took out angie marino for stevie churchill

|

Maintenance guy at The Railyard Bike Park in Rogers, Arkansas

facebook.com/TheRailyardAR/
Insta @the_railyard

facebook.com/tedhuie
Insta @ted_danger

12/31/2019 8:22 AM

all the friends that I rode with.

|

12/31/2019 8:36 AM

Mulletsnax wrote:

Jay Dalton. he is one of the most underrated riders. He can do pretty much anything he wants with a massive smile on his face.

Learn to count

|

Insta @the_railyard

facebook.com/tedhuie
Insta @ted_danger

12/31/2019 8:44 AM

Mulletsnax wrote:

tedhuie wrote:

Learn to count

dont tell me how to live my life

|

12/31/2019 8:49 AM

Mulletsnax wrote:

tedhuie wrote:

Learn to count

Mulletsnax wrote:

I'll stop the day you beat me in a serious game of bike

|

Insta @the_railyard

facebook.com/tedhuie
Insta @ted_danger

12/31/2019 9:39 AM

tedhuie wrote:

Learn to count

Mulletsnax wrote:

tedhuie wrote:

I was just thinking about that this morning. We should film a series of local games of bike.

|

12/31/2019 9:47 AM

Mulletsnax wrote:

tedhuie wrote:

Mulletsnax wrote:

I was just thinking about that this morning. We should film a series of local games of bike.

Just me and you? Or get all the locals in on it? And would we be playing at the various parks we've got?

|

Insta @the_railyard

facebook.com/tedhuie
Insta @ted_danger

12/31/2019 10:22 AM

Too many riders to pick only 10.

my favorite?

Aaron Simone aka aaronfallsalot

Scotty Cramner

Trey Jones

and the rest are all the CT dirt guys..... sick group of people.

|

I like riding my bike.

12/31/2019 10:51 AM

Ricochet wrote:

I think Ryan's best work was in 2000 - 2009, but his longevity is incredible.

He has a new Haro video dropping soon and it's going to surprise a lot of people...

|

12/31/2019 10:53 AM

tedhuie wrote:

Top ten?
Dennis enarson, jamie bestwick, larry edgar, perris benegas, stevie churchill, hannah roberts, courage adams, Garrett Reynolds, dane searls, ryan williams

Edit: took out angie marino for stevie churchill

Solid list.

Dane Searls passed away in 2011, so he missed the large majority of this decide. Nobody has really done anything as awesome on dirt since, though.

|

12/31/2019 11:28 AM

Crazy Clark, Ben Lorson, Dick Sude to name a few

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

12/31/2019 11:30 AM

For flatland, Matthias Dandois

|

fack off

12/31/2019 11:51 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/31/2019 11:53 AM

Ricochet wrote:

kylecarlson wrote:

He has a new Haro video dropping soon and it's going to surprise a lot of people...

Sorry, but I think you have completely forgotten about his 2013 Bronze X-Games medal which was an astounding comeback performance to say the least! Kyle & Brandon only beat him by less than two (2) points.

|

12/31/2019 11:55 AM

kylecarlson wrote:

Solid list.

Dane Searls passed away in 2011, so he missed the large majority of this decide. Nobody has really done anything as awesome on dirt since, though.

Cant believe its already been that long, but yeah I included him just for the sheer insanity of his giant jumps

|

Insta @the_railyard

facebook.com/tedhuie
Insta @ted_danger

12/31/2019 11:57 AM

Ricochet wrote:

kylecarlson wrote:

New part you say? Was trying to figure out when his last full part was. Only one I can think of off the top of my head is drop the hammer, and that was forever ago.

|

Insta @the_railyard

facebook.com/tedhuie
Insta @ted_danger

12/31/2019 12:13 PM

Ricochet wrote:

Sorry, but I think you have completely forgotten about his 2013 Bronze X-Games medal which was an astounding comeback performance to say the least! Kyle & Brandon only beat him by less than two (2) points.

Nah. I don't forget stuff.

We're talking about decades here. Ryan has three X Games medals this decade. Two silvers and the bronze that you are referencing.

The previous decade, he had ten X Games medals. Four golds, four silvers, and two bronzes.

As I mentioned, his best work was the previous decade.

|

12/31/2019 12:14 PM

Ricochet wrote:

kylecarlson wrote:

tedhuie wrote:

New part you say? Was trying to figure out when his last full part was. Only one I can think of off the top of my head is drop the hammer, and that was forever ago.

Last time I checked a decade was ten years and the 2013 X-Games falls well within that period of time... yes? Plus, he has adamantly said he is far from retirement but currently focused on coaching the US Olympic Team. So still far from retired I say... I really think he'll surprise us all here in a few years time ;-)

|

12/31/2019 12:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/31/2019 12:17 PM

kylecarlson wrote:

Ricochet wrote:

kylecarlson wrote:

Nah. I don't forget stuff.

We're talking about decades here. Ryan has three X Games medals this decade. Two silvers and the bronze that you are referencing.

The previous decade, he had ten X Games medals. Four golds, four silvers, and two bronzes.

As I mentioned, his best work was the previous decade.

Old guys we tend to stick together! :-) Ryan has really shown what a senior pro can do. Happy New Year!

|

12/31/2019 12:16 PM

kylecarlson wrote:

tedhuie wrote:

Ricochet wrote:

Last time I checked a decade was ten years and the 2013 X-Games falls well within that period of time... yes? Plus, he has adamantly said he is far from retirement but currently focused on coaching the US Olympic Team. So still far from retired I say... I really think he'll surprise us all here in a few years time ;-)

You are very misinformed. He never said he was retired. He said the exact opposite.

Correct about 2013 being in this decade. You're talking about getting third at a single contest. We're talking about ten years of BMX.

Nyquist rules - don't get me wrong - but you have to understand what I'm saying here.

|

12/31/2019 12:21 PM

tedhuie wrote:

Ricochet wrote:

kylecarlson wrote:

You are very misinformed. He never said he was retired. He said the exact opposite.

Correct about 2013 being in this decade. You're talking about getting third at a single contest. We're talking about ten years of BMX.

Nyquist rules - don't get me wrong - but you have to understand what I'm saying here.

Huh? I think I was unclear there but I never said nor meant he WAS retired but the opposite as well. But any way, we both are in the same train of thought that "Nyquist Rules"!!! All the best brother!

|

12/31/2019 12:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/31/2019 12:35 PM

Jed mildon better be in there for that first quad flip , him and James foster got bigger balls than everyone else in BMX changing the game on that one , and James should be in their for his Mega ramp contributions

|

12/31/2019 1:00 PM

I basically missed the entire decade, so I’ll go Scotty Cranmer.

cool

|

12/31/2019 1:08 PM

I would put Erik Elstran somewhere on the list..

|

12/31/2019 3:41 PM

Can’t forget Jamie Bestwick whooping everyone’s ass for the majority of the last decade either

|

12/31/2019 4:13 PM

For me it would be Mike Hoder.

He joined S&M in 2010 and imo has personified what having fun on a 20" BMX should be like in the past decade.

|

12/31/2019 5:11 PM

Of this decade? Too soon to tell.

|