Topload Stems

Related:
Create New Tag

3/3/2014 10:28 PM

I hated the look and everything , but since I got one (Shoutout @Transition_Chris) they make your bike feel way better and look good too.

Anyone who doesn't like them , give it a chance !

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

3/3/2014 10:31 PM

What'd you get? I also hate the look compared to a FL but am considering one in the future for the rise and something different.

|

Winter is over-rated

Click here to check my ride

3/3/2014 10:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/3/2014 10:39 PM

This is going to be my first time using and top load stem i can't wait to see how they feel and look in person. I since TL stem on bike but that was only in picture /bike checks videos

|

3/3/2014 10:34 PM

I used to hate them. I tried one out. Might never go back to frontload.

|

3/3/2014 10:40 PM

I need to find some for my friends bike when he gets it. hes 6ft and the tt length is 20.5 (I think)

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

3/3/2014 10:53 PM

I bought a to because i needed more raise, i jad 8" ride bars and they felt to small.

|

RIDE OR DIE



THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

3/3/2014 11:12 PM

Made my own, its called the front load upside down stem lol!

|

3/3/2014 11:31 PM

I always rode a front load stem, but rode a friend's bike with a top load stem the other day & I kinda liked it, but I'm not sure if it was just the other geometry of his bike or what. I'm afraid if I get a top load it'll fuck my current tricks up

|

3/3/2014 11:36 PM

I have always hated the way front loads looked, but my first decent stem was a tuff neck, so that may explain my affection for top loads.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

3/4/2014 12:32 AM

I used to hate them but felt it was more street and im a street rider so i got an odyssey sxtn hated the feel for the first fifteen minutes but after that it just felt so much better

|

3/4/2014 1:25 AM

So you got a tl because street riders run them?

|

RIDE OR DIE



THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

3/4/2014 2:28 AM

Jamie.MacMillan.28 wrote:

I used to hate them but felt it was more street and im a street rider so i got an odyssey sxtn hated the feel for the first fifteen minutes but after that it just felt so much better

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. you, my friend, are an idiot.

Let me go get a low ass slung park frame coz i ride park more than street, so i should really look more park.

|



NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)


3/4/2014 11:50 AM

i hate the look but 4 months ago i got one and is nice better than front load !
i recommend the top loads stems!

|

3/4/2014 1:12 PM

BMXSkater wrote:

Made my own, its called the front load upside down stem lol!

Same

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

3/4/2014 1:16 PM

Lincoln or nothing.*

*only valid until the Cyclops is released

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

3/4/2014 2:36 PM

same here, hated top loads so i had a front load. needed more rise so i flipped it over, liked the feel but couldnt stand the look of it so i ended up getting a top load and i love it lots.

|

You're never too old to have fun.

Bike
Summer riding

3/4/2014 4:36 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

I used to hate them. I tried one out. Might never go back to frontload.

This. My bike feels amazing now , it really did make the difference for mine. Thing is dialed !

Next will be a Odysey Sexton or maybe Connor Lodes signature stem.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

3/4/2014 4:45 PM

Back when frontloads were still trendy, I got a topload A: because I was tall and B: I am anti trend. Now everybody has a topload but I like it too much to switch back sad

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

3/4/2014 7:39 PM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

Back when frontloads were still trendy, I got a topload A: because I was tall and B: I am anti trend. Now everybody has a topload but I like it too much to switch back sad

LOL Who care as long as you feel good. I hate people who switch their whole setup because of trends ; having parts before the trend doesnt make you a trendwhore.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

3/4/2014 7:41 PM

I've always liked toploads only reason i dont have one know is because it'll make my bars feel too tall

Like the way front loads look better anyway though

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

3/4/2014 7:42 PM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

Back when frontloads were still trendy, I got a topload A: because I was tall and B: I am anti trend. Now everybody has a topload but I like it too much to switch back sad

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

LOL Who care as long as you feel good. I hate people who switch their whole setup because of trends ; having parts before the trend doesnt make you a trendwhore.

sarcasm is dead to you people.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

3/4/2014 10:45 PM

Animal MR TL Stem. Best stem period. No gay cutouts to ruin your bars. And it looks amazing too.

|

3/4/2014 11:03 PM

I see why Sunday freeze stems are so popular. They are cheap, clean looking, and reliable.

|

3/5/2014 2:28 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/5/2014 2:28 AM

I hate the look of toploads, i have a frontload sitting at home and i'm always contemplating to use it on my 8.25 tall bars.

I'm afraid that the frontload will feel less awesome than the topload.

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
.
.
.
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

3/5/2014 5:16 AM

My uncle gave me this fat DK top load in like 1998 I had it on every bike I owned until 2012 only retired it because if my bike got stolen I might not get it back. You couldn't blow that thing up with dynamite haha

|

3/5/2014 7:05 AM

michael.eckhart wrote:

Animal MR TL Stem. Best stem period. No gay cutouts to ruin your bars. And it looks amazing too.

Best stem, you say?

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

3/5/2014 7:11 AM

michael.eckhart wrote:

Animal MR TL Stem. Best stem period. No gay cutouts to ruin your bars. And it looks amazing too.

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Best stem, you say?

[LINK TO IMAGE]

Holy jebus....i want

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

3/5/2014 7:24 AM

biggybuggy wrote:

I see why Sunday freeze stems are so popular. They are cheap, clean looking, and reliable.

So true

|

RIDE OR DIE



THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

3/5/2014 8:40 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/5/2014 8:41 AM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

Holy jebus....i want

The latest version looks even better... the wedges are polished and fit flush with the stem when installed. Been waiting years for this thing.

Photo

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

3/5/2014 11:14 AM

michael.eckhart wrote:

Animal MR TL Stem. Best stem period. No gay cutouts to ruin your bars. And it looks amazing too.

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Best stem, you say?

[LINK TO IMAGE]

Whats so good about this Stem? The cutouts in the clamping area will eventually ruin your bars because it does not evenly distribute the clamping pressure, causing more stress on your bars and risk Pinch stress in the clamping area. Whoever started that idea is an idiot. Stolen had a stem similar to this anyway. STANDARD OR ANIMAL no contest. T1 should just stick to Frames. Some times its better to stick to the basics.

|