Topload & High bars.

Related:
Create New Tag

6/16/2014 9:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/16/2014 9:05 PM

I'm having problems when hopping over high rails and stuff I kinda overpull the bike and making me throw them away lol.
I used to have an 8.5 bars and a topload stem but my bars snapped and now I just bought 9 rise cult control bars from a friend bought it cuz its cheap and I wanna ride so bad.

Should I replace my stem from topload to frontload to keep my old handling?

|

6/16/2014 9:16 PM

I'm 510 and I find with higher bars the shorter my hops get , tried hops on my tall friends bike who has elevenz and I couldn't hop worth shit , I feel the lower the bar the more room you have to pull the bike up but it's also hard on the back, I like my Brian foster stem with grandslams, it's all personal preference though

|

6/16/2014 9:25 PM

Get a sideload stem. They help with barspins.

Just kidding, in all seriousness I would either get a frontload stem or get smaller bars if I were you.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

6/17/2014 6:45 AM

If you have any spacers under your stem you could try swapping them onto the top of your stem and see if it's an actual thing or a mental thing. Or you could trial flipping your stem so it will be a bottom load.

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

6/17/2014 8:51 AM

Put the bars on your bike and ride them. If they are too tall, then switch your stem. smile

I think this is the easiest answer!

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

6/17/2014 9:02 AM

Keep pushing! It takes TIME to adjust! I HATED 8.5" Bars with an Upload Stem. I don't want to ruin what I'm running till My new Bike Check is up in a Couple of weeks! BUT, Big Bars are AMAZING, My Back & Shoulders are seriously thanking Me! You'll get there.

|

6/17/2014 11:29 AM

Just mess around with some different heights and see what feels best, yes you could take out spacers, or get a front load... But at the same time you'l never know if you can benefit from a taller front end until you try it out.

|

6/17/2014 2:19 PM

Just ride what you like. You should be able to hop once you get used to the height. Unless you're Ty Morrow it shouldn't matter too much. I'm about to run 9" bars with a Fit BF topload and 2 small spacers , and I'm 5' 10" so it's just preference.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

6/17/2014 10:40 PM

I would try out a front load if I were you. When I went from a front load to a top load, the increased rise was too much for my liking. It threw me off with hops and I did get used to it, but they didn't feel the same & whips became 10x harder. Top loads can give you a lot more rise, mine gave me about an inch more rise, so if you go from top load to front load you'll probably lose an inch give or take, making your 9" bars feel more like 8" or 8.5" or somewhere in that area I would guess.

|

6/18/2014 5:29 AM

You could try and flip your stem to give it the old height?

and yeah i noticed the difference too. That's why im going back to 8" rise. Also the fact that small bars look awesome

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

6/21/2014 2:01 AM

I'll try the bottom load for now, thanks guys.
I'll switch from topload to frontload, I'm 6'0 and I ride a 21tt frame.

|