Topsey, HELP lol *few pics*

Related:
Create New Tag

8/4/2013 3:21 AM

So, i just got my new forks for m y Bday (16). I have removed everything and got to the headset. The headset however won't budge sad. What is the best way to remove it so i can get the shit forks off?

Cheers Zach

|

Bruh

8/4/2013 4:07 AM

Knock the forks out however you can, footjam and pull the frame up usually works, the with the steerer tube knock the bearings out, you'll probably have to prise them. (I know im not Topsey but it might help)

|

I do stuff and I'm not good at it.
I got refs

8/4/2013 4:22 AM

cheers dude, just crammed some wd40 down there to help free it up a tad.

|

Bruh

8/4/2013 4:24 AM

Just get a flat screwdriver and prise it out, shouldn't be too hard mate

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

8/4/2013 4:35 AM

....or just get mad.

|

Gravity sucks

8/4/2013 5:11 AM

Life is a Dive wrote:

....or just get mad.

might work...

|

Bruh

8/4/2013 5:38 AM

If you're saying the bearings are stuck in the frame I take a socket extension or something and hit it out. Sometimes I pry it out too.

|

Noah Farver

717-679-7588 Text me if you need me.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

8/4/2013 6:09 AM

right, now i'm confused. I have got the Amity Jesus Forks and i'm not sure what type of headset fits them is it standard or intergrated?

|

Bruh

8/4/2013 6:18 AM

I just googled them, and the pics I saw are integrated.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

8/4/2013 6:35 AM

Cheers Chuck!

|

Bruh

8/4/2013 8:55 AM

Most of the guys have sorted your problems lol... I looked at your bike, the Frame uses an Integrated Headset, whenever my bearings get stuck in the Frame i get an allen key & just wiggle the bearings around until they pop out! Remember that for future reference smile I would imagine your new forks are fitted & the bike is rolling now! You need to post up some photos in here now!

|

8/4/2013 9:51 AM

I shall recommend the Magic Wand of Frustration, The Almighty Mallet. hahahaha

|

Insta: @devicacy

8/4/2013 9:55 AM

PICS!!

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

8/4/2013 10:01 AM

Topsey wrote:

Most of the guys have sorted your problems lol... I looked at your bike, the Frame uses an Integrated Headset, whenever my ...more

my frame is a diamondback skindog2011 and i'm gonna get a new headset within a week. on the pic note i'm in france from tuesday so i'll have pics up next monday ish hopefully. (i'll also link you on facebook when i do)

|

Bruh

8/4/2013 10:01 AM

realityisajoke wrote:

If at first you don't succeed......... HAMMER!!

|

8/4/2013 10:04 AM

realityisajoke wrote:

Topsey wrote:

If at first you don't succeed......... HAMMER!!

sounds about right wink

|

Bruh

8/4/2013 10:17 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/4/2013 10:20 AM

Zach P-D wrote:

my frame is a diamondback skindog2011 and i'm gonna get a new headset within a week. on the pic note i'm in france from ...more

OK man, just looked at the specs online, It seems your Frame doesn't have an Integrated Head Tube.

What you need to do is take a Screw Driver or Socket Extension & knock out the bearing cups that are in your Frame.

I suggest buying a reasonably priced headset such as.....This One

You're going to need to get the cups into your frame, unfortunately unless you have a G-Clamp Like This Which you can just turn gradually & press the bearing cups on which i would recommend waaaay more than the other method of just bashing the cups in with a Rubber Mallet!

I have tried my best to find out if the Amity Forks do not have an Integrated Bearing Race which it seems they don't which is great because if they had you would've wasted your money because they would not have worked!

What you need to do next is drop the Bearing Race that comes with the headset & gently tap it onto the fork till its snug, tight & most importantly LEVEL!

Then basically you are good to go, Wheel in the Forks Drop Outs, Slot the Fork into your Head Tube, Spacers (If needed) Stem on DO NOT use the crappy compression bolt that comes with the Headset use the one that comes with the Fork! Tighten it up till the headset is tight enough there is no wobble then tighten the bolts at the back of the Stem.

Slot your bars in place, snug the bolts up so the Bars don't flop around. Get them into the position you want them, tighten the bolts down nice & tight.

GO RIDE!!

|

8/4/2013 10:24 AM

Dude, i fucking love you (no homo)

|

Bruh

8/4/2013 10:43 AM

No problems Buddy. smile

|

8/4/2013 1:53 PM

few pics cuz i got a new phone (s3) and it has a good camera. lol all she needs now is a fit marv, black cranks/pedals and either black or chrome Benny L 4 piece!
Also, i'm running pegless for a bit. and the 3rd pic is a preview of the forks. (dads idea lol)
Photo

Photo

Photo

ingPhoto

|

Bruh

8/4/2013 3:12 PM

Fit Marv Frame Black
Fit Benny Bars Chrome
Fit 24mm 165mm Indents - Get them in Chrome. I am Serial! They look so fucking good in Chrome!

|

8/4/2013 3:33 PM

Sounds like a plan to me

|

Bruh

8/4/2013 3:36 PM

Sounds like it will be good when finished man.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

8/4/2013 4:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/4/2013 4:21 PM

Zach man have you thought about a BSD Frame? The WZA V3 is pretty damned similar to the Marv. Its Cheaper & i personally think its better & i own a Marv lol.

Edit: If you get a Raw one, Make sure you get the GLOSS Clear Coat one NOT the FLAT Clear Coat one! Looks a shit ton better!!

|

8/4/2013 4:26 PM

God dam it topsey. Why you give me so many choices... lol. I'll look into it tomorrow, well today but yeah. You get what I mean

|

Bruh

8/4/2013 4:34 PM

Lol yeah smile BSD are seriously Bad Ass, go watch some of their videos on their You tube channel!

|

8/4/2013 5:03 PM

for the record if the forks did have an integrated headset race then you could buy the mechanix sti headset... cheap and it does its job lol

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

8/4/2013 5:39 PM

Topsey wrote:

Lol yeah smile BSD are seriously Bad Ass, go watch some of their videos on their You tube channel!

I agree with this as well. BSD are putting out some great parts. As a matter of fact, if I liked 36spoke wheels, I'd still have my BSD's to Ribcages. They were beautiful, and the hubs are great quality!

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

8/5/2013 9:48 AM

|

Bruh

8/5/2013 10:01 AM

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim
Traded: tomdon
Hooked me up: zachhendrix, oscar7588

Personal Email: snmloverbmx@hotmail.com
n-dür product info/ order email: ndur_bmx@outlook.com
n-dür on facebook