Toptube

Related:
Create New Tag

10/15/2016 1:25 AM

Would it be better to a get a shorter or longer toptube if I'm just going to be riding street. I'm about 5'10

|

10/15/2016 3:23 AM

It depends how much growing you have left to do. Some people prefer a short toptube. I'm 6' and wouldn't ride anything shorter than 21", all I ride is nibbley street and even 21" feels a bit cramped sometimes

|

10/15/2016 8:28 AM

I recommend trying out some bikes at your local bike shop, if they carry BMX. If they don't try out a friends bike or something. I'm 5'9" and I ride a 21" top tube, it's mostly personal preference.

|

“Pegless and coaster is ultimate zen”
-Indiana Tom

10/15/2016 8:39 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/15/2016 8:41 AM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

I recommend trying out some bikes at your local bike shop, if they carry BMX. If they don't try out a friends bike or something. I'm 5'9" and I ride a 21" top tube, it's mostly personal preference.

Ok then. Do you feel like you have the same amount of control with the 21" compared to smaller toptubes? Is it just as easy to do tricks with it?

|

10/15/2016 8:43 AM

20.75" would probably be perfect & you would also be fine on 21".

I wouldn't recommend going any bigger.

I'm 5'9" and normally ride 20.75" but went down to 20.5" on my newest frame, so really you've got a wide range of size options at your height.

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

10/15/2016 8:52 AM

transition_chris wrote:

20.75" would probably be perfect & you would also be fine on 21".

I wouldn't recommend going any bigger.

I'm 5'9" and normally ride 20.75" but went down to 20.5" on my newest frame, so really you've got a wide range of size options at your height.

Ok, what's the 20.5" feel like?

|

10/15/2016 9:18 AM

mikeyyg wrote:

Ok, what's the 20.5" feel like?

Just a little bit more maneuverable, doesn't feel cramped compared to my 20.75".

I really only ride street though, if I was building a bike for riding ramps I would probably have stuck with 20.75".

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

10/15/2016 9:24 AM

transition_chris wrote:

Just a little bit more maneuverable, doesn't feel cramped compared to my 20.75".

I really only ride street though, if I was building a bike for riding ramps I would probably have stuck with 20.75".

Yeah I'd just ride street mainly too. I'm thinking of getting the WeThePeople Crysis 2016 which comes in 20.5" or 21" so that's why I'm unsure of what to get

|

10/15/2016 9:51 AM

I'm 6 feet tall and run a 20.75 currently, had 21 previously. Next frame will likely be a 21.

I mainly ride a plaza (mostly ledges etc) and rails in front of my house for now, come spring I hope to throw a couple dirt jumps together and am working on getting funds to put in a 5 foot mini ramp in my yard.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/15/2016 10:01 AM

mikeyyg wrote:

Yeah I'd just ride street mainly too. I'm thinking of getting the WeThePeople Crysis 2016 which comes in 20.5" or 21" so that's why I'm unsure of what to get

Most people would go for the 21".

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

10/16/2016 2:57 AM

transition_chris wrote:

Just a little bit more maneuverable, doesn't feel cramped compared to my 20.75".

I really only ride street though, if I was building a bike for riding ramps I would probably have stuck with 20.75".

mikeyyg wrote:

Yeah I'd just ride street mainly too. I'm thinking of getting the WeThePeople Crysis 2016 which comes in 20.5" or 21" so that's why I'm unsure of what to get

transition_chris wrote:

Most people would go for the 21".

Ok I probs will then.

|

10/16/2016 12:34 PM

Get a 20" toptube...tech!!! Spin city!!!!

|

It’s all bmx

10/16/2016 12:49 PM

Go to a shop and try riding out different toptube lengths , I'm only 5'10 and I ride 21.25 and love it , everyone's different though

|