Toptube Size Effects On Spinning ,Barspins,ETC

Related:
Create New Tag

6/15/2014 9:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/15/2014 9:45 PM

Hey Vitalbmx Wassup Okay I Want A New Frame. Im Going From A Really Laid Back Frame To A Techy Techy Frame . I Ride Street 24/7 And My Current Frame Is A Stolen Sinner Stock Frame It Has A 20.75 Toptube And A 14"Chainstay And It Spins High But Slowwww. I Will Be Getting Either A Fit Wifi Or United Dinero And I Wonder If The Reason Im Spinning So Sluggish Is Because Of The Toptube Length .Should I Get The 20.5 For Faster Spinny Spinny Or Stick With 20.75 Length.I Heard The New Geometry Should Help Me Spin Faster But I Want Maximum Spin Speed .Lol.Btw Im 5,8 With Kinda Long Legs And I Rode A 20.5 Before Back In The Fall And Loveeedd It So Yea Thanks Guys Sorry For The Lengthy Writing

|

BmxSavage

Refs:Mike-E -Profile minis, 7ka , and seatpost

Instagram:Issabikelife
YouTube:Bmxcheerios

6/15/2014 9:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/15/2014 9:45 PM

It's preference. Could you deal with a shorter toptube? I'm 5'9" and comfortable on anything 20.75-21.25.And don't forget there is always a trade off. Maybe you'll spin better but what's gonna get worse?

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

6/15/2014 9:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/15/2014 9:53 PM

^That

If you get a 20.5" tt that's going to effect some stuff. You'll spin faster but depending on how big your bars are, you're going to have to factor in how you'll be standing on the bike and what that will do to your back. AAAAANND then, with bigger bars and a short top tube, comes problems with x ups and barspins and tricks like that!

Edit: I asked how tall you are because I didn't read the whole text and figured I would take it out.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

6/16/2014 5:35 AM

You want your fastest spinning speed? Quit being a bitch and huck that shit... 1/4" wont noticeably help rotations at all, may aswell get the 20.75 for the leg room.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

6/16/2014 5:46 AM

It's not just the top tube though, shorter rear ends can also aid in spinning, BUT the trade off is manuals are a bit more touchy to keep balanced, and in air may be a touch twitchier.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/16/2014 8:06 AM

Get a 20" frame. Soooo fast and fun.

|

It’s all bmx

6/16/2014 8:07 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

You want your fastest spinning speed? Quit being a bitch and huck that shit... 1/4" wont noticeably help rotations at all, may ...more

Front and back brakes help. Tap em and cut that rotating weight! But mostly stop being a bitch is the best answer lol

|

It’s all bmx

6/16/2014 11:11 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

You want your fastest spinning speed? Quit being a bitch and huck that shit... 1/4" wont noticeably help rotations at all, may ...more

When you first got your frame you kept going on about how your 360's were faster and that you wanted to go for 5's

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

6/16/2014 11:21 AM

Thats because I have my rear wheel sitting over an inch shorter and i have a much higher bottom bracket. I actually INCREASED toptube length when I got my new frame. 21" to 21.2".

So I mean, if you want to go off my experience, the longer top tube will spin better.

My frame switch is a horrible example to answer his question because I switched to an entirely different frame with a longer toptube, where hes asking about the exact same frame with a shorter toptube.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

6/17/2014 2:11 AM

im 5,8 and i ride the fiend embryo frame that has 20.5 top tube and 13.3 chainstay and its awesome

|