Total BMX

Related:
Create New Tag

2/13/2017 11:08 AM

First Sandoval, then Andreev, and now Todd Meyn have left Total.

It seems that everyone's leaving on good terms, which is great, but is there more to this? Any insight?

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

2/13/2017 11:14 AM

I have a story in the works - just waiting on a couple of answers. Hopefully it'll be live today.

|

2/13/2017 11:15 AM

kylecarlson wrote:

I have a story in the works - just waiting on a couple of answers. Hopefully it'll be live today.

Ah, thanks!

|

@scootereyn

2/13/2017 11:20 AM

readybmxer wrote:

Ah, thanks!

I officially have the answers. Give me an hour or two. I'll post a link here when it's live.

|

2/13/2017 1:07 PM

Didn't total used to have a different name? And ripped off a load of their customers?

|

2/13/2017 1:08 PM

|

2/13/2017 1:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/13/2017 1:26 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Didn't total used to have a different name? And ripped off a load of their customers?

I believe you're thinking of a different brand. Total was started by Ronnie Remo and Mark Webb a number of years ago. They're both legit guys and have been working hard on Total for a very long time.

|

2/13/2017 1:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/13/2017 1:34 PM

This just sounds...Strange. Ive been thinking about buying a voltron frame. This is making me second guess that decision for some reason. There's obviously more to this story then they are telling. They must be losing money, but this is going to hurt sales even more.

|

2/13/2017 1:49 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

UK bike Co. They were involved but not financially.

|

2/13/2017 1:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/13/2017 2:24 PM

Bummer. I've had my eyes on that Sandstorm frame ever since it was released.

I guess it's all up to Ron, though. We'll see what the future holds.

|

@scootereyn

2/13/2017 1:57 PM

readybmxer wrote:

Bummer. I've had my eyes on that Sandstorm frame ever since it was released.

I guess it's all up to Ron, though. We'll see ...more

The Sandstorm frame is dope. Get 'em while they're hot.

I'm guessing they'll introduce a new frame to take it's place. Be interesting to see how this plays out...

|

2/13/2017 2:00 PM

ggallin422 wrote:

This just sounds...Strange. Ive been thinking about buying a voltron frame. This is making me second guess that decision for ...more

I don't think there's much more to it. These riders no longer ride for Total. They're free to say anything they want (as is Total about them). Though there are obviously disagreements, all of the riders seem thankful for their time with Total. If anyone got screwed, they wouldn't be so positive in departure.

|

2/13/2017 2:08 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Mychaylo wrote:

UK bike Co. They were involved but not financially.

UnKnown! I never really heard the full story. But i know a few people that know mark Webb through a shared interest in cars, and apparently he's not particularly pleasant. Although, in the bmx world everyone says he's a nice guy.

I don't care much for total anyway. Ignore me.

|

2/13/2017 2:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/13/2017 2:35 PM

Anyone notice that all the total frames are always on sale every where lately?
I wonder what makes them so much more expensive in the first place. They don't really seem any better than any other frames. Must be a marketing ploy. I bet they don't cost more to make then any other frame, but they try to sell them for $100 more.

|

2/13/2017 2:31 PM

kylecarlson wrote:

The Sandstorm frame is dope. Get 'em while they're hot.

I'm guessing they'll introduce a new frame to take it's place. Be ...more

Yeah, I was thinking of a newer product, hope it's sick!

|

@scootereyn

2/13/2017 2:33 PM

I can see hyper picking up Todd meyn , another nitro circus rider for them to get to go with James foster

|

2/13/2017 2:50 PM

eskimojay wrote:

I can see hyper picking up Todd meyn , another nitro circus rider for them to get to go with James foster

I wouldn't count on it. They sponsor James Foster and Ryan Williams. I don't think they need / are looking for anyone else.

Todd hasn't done anything other than Nitro Circus for a while. It'd be great to get him back out there filming videos and riding contests...

|

2/13/2017 3:05 PM

He does have a pretty decent YouTube channel going these days

|

2/13/2017 6:15 PM

eskimojay wrote:

He does have a pretty decent YouTube channel going these days

I haven't caught that. I'll have to check it out.

He definitely posted a 1080 no hander (on resi) on Instagram today. That was wild.

|

2/13/2017 7:37 PM

Has anyone seen an official Nick Bruce for Total Bmx edit? Or a welcome edit? I know I'd sure love to see one even though he's been on the team for a while now!

|

2/13/2017 8:20 PM

TrubmxNickbags wrote:

Has anyone seen an official Nick Bruce for Total Bmx edit? Or a welcome edit? I know I'd sure love to see one even though he's ...more

I know he had a video bike check.

We filmed this when he first got on -

Nick Bruce on Total BMX Video

Unless I'm forgetting something, I think that's it...

|

2/14/2017 7:22 AM

eskimojay wrote:

kylecarlson wrote:

I wouldn't count on it. They sponsor James Foster and Ryan Williams. I don't think they need / are looking for anyone else.

...more

Hyper is after all the official supplier for nitro circus so i wouldnt be so sure

https://hyperbicycles.com/about-hyper-bicycles/nitro-circus/

|

2/14/2017 7:35 AM

Hi all,
Feel free to put any questions you have past me, I am happy to fill in any gaps within reason.
We have some great new product coming in summer and by late 2017 don't be surprised to see someone on the team get their first signature frame.
Thanks for the support
Ronnie Remo.

|

Total BMX Rider Owner/ Brand Manager

2/14/2017 11:11 AM

ronnieremo wrote:

Hi all,
Feel free to put any questions you have past me, I am happy to fill in any gaps within reason.
We have some great new ...more

I hope you mean Nick Bruce. I'd buy that frame. He's killing it out there and not getting the recognition he deserves IMO.

|

2/14/2017 12:47 PM

Roose87 wrote:

I hope you mean Nick Bruce. I'd buy that frame. He's killing it out there and not getting the recognition he deserves IMO.

Well, to some riders, recognition means nothing. He's a total (haha) beast, I agree, though!

|

@scootereyn

2/14/2017 1:28 PM

ronnieremo wrote:

Hi all,
We have some great new ...more

Roose87 wrote:

readybmxer wrote:

Well, to some riders, recognition means nothing. He's a total (haha) beast, I agree, though!

That's a bit naive. He's a competitive park rider. I'm sure he, and anyone else that competes, hopes to be recognized for their results and progression.

|

2/14/2017 2:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/14/2017 2:10 PM

Roose87 wrote:

That's a bit naive. He's a competitive park rider. I'm sure he, and anyone else that competes, hopes to be recognized for ...more

Yup. Was just putting it out there that maybe he's not in it for the fame. Regardless of any of this, he's a real humble guy.

|

@scootereyn

2/14/2017 2:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/14/2017 2:17 PM

Roose87 wrote:

readybmxer wrote:

Roose87 wrote:

That's a bit naive. He's a competitive park rider. I'm sure he, and anyone else that competes, hopes to be recognized for ...more

Yeah anyone that rides contests is looking to be recognized. Thats actually the only reason I can see to compete.

|

2/15/2017 5:50 AM

readybmxer wrote:

Yup. Was just putting it out there that maybe he's not in it for the fame. Regardless of any of this, he's a real humble guy.

No I agree with you. He seems super humble and probably isn't in it just for signature frames/parts. I'm just saying he deserves more recognition that's all.

|

2/16/2017 9:32 AM

It would be so sick to see Nick Bruce finally get a signature frame

|