Total Sandstorm

Related:
Create New Tag

3/26/2014 3:22 PM

Daniel Sandoval is getting his own frame. I'm too lazy to find it , go hit up Total's facebook or whatever.

I respect all the riders , and like low frames. But why give everyone a frame that's basically similar to each one? Almost all Total frames are decently the exact same. I know Daniel is a crazy rider , but the frame looks the exact same as the Voltron. give him signature forks or something!

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

3/26/2014 3:24 PM

I'm too nice
Photo

|

My Cult 2 Short

3/26/2014 3:48 PM

And everyone complains about cult being generic

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

3/26/2014 4:32 PM

They should just do signature colorways.

|

3/26/2014 6:25 PM

SPECS?

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

3/26/2014 7:34 PM

Looks like a homo in those pictures

|

"Of course theyre compatible theyre cranks"

3/26/2014 9:45 PM

mitchovich wrote:

Looks like a homo in those pictures

LOL

|

My Cult 2 Short

3/27/2014 12:25 AM

I'm pretty sure most (not all) of the people that ride Totals have no idea what geo is. They just buy the whatever frame is their favourite riders signature frame.

|

3/27/2014 12:28 AM

Well, he is good he gets signature stuff. The color is. pretty nice.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

3/27/2014 12:32 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

I'm pretty sure most (not all) of the people that ride Totals have no idea what geo is. They just buy the whatever frame is their favourite riders signature frame.

HMMM HMMMMMMMM........grin

|

3/27/2014 1:38 AM

TBF, the voltron has a much higher standover, hell I reckon I could see myself on a voltron one time, like the geo.....

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

3/27/2014 3:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/27/2014 3:25 AM

Looks like a Voltron/ KB with a gusset, curious about the specs as that will define if its different or the same as the rest of the line. Not liking the external gusset..

The colour he has there looks very close like my Hangover after messing with the gloss...

For anyone interested
[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

3/27/2014 7:47 AM

That cat tho

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

3/27/2014 12:31 PM

@Cellmember Thanks for that picture , appreciate people adding on to the thread.

It looks exactly like what you said ! Almost a Voltron with a gusset and houurglass BB , spy seat clamp , and low profile dropouts. Proving me point I mentioned earlier !

I want to find specs.

|

My Cult 2 Short

3/27/2014 1:08 PM

ao it looks just like another park frame BUT multiple features are changed and you don't know the specs yet... interesting. You know when your mom says dont judge a book by its cover? yeah this is that book.

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

3/27/2014 5:36 PM

I wouldnt ride a Total really. They would really suck for the kind of riding i do haha

Total as a company is a bunch of stuff i don't like, park rat junk, generic, and boring in my opinion. But they really do have some KILLER riders, it just isn't my thing.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

3/27/2014 6:46 PM

T-rider wrote:

That cat tho

Yeah that's my homie jzargo.

|

3/27/2014 6:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/27/2014 6:49 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

@Cellmember Thanks for that picture , appreciate people adding on to the thread.

It looks exactly like what you said ! Almost a Voltron with a gusset and houurglass BB , spy seat clamp , and low profile dropouts. Proving me point I mentioned earlier !

I want to find specs.

All good ! Are you sure it's an hourglass BB it just looks like a standard Total BB used on all their frames. I could be wrong...

Edit: Spy seat clamp is a strawberry seat clamp/ built in, the Sandoval frame is external or "standard"/intergrated.

|

3/28/2014 5:25 AM

marks frame has a 75ht angle and daniel does more front end stuff so it will probably have a 75.5ht angle. the killa bee has a 75.5ht angle too but a 7.6 stand over and a shoort ass back end. knowing daniel who rode a voltron for a while, this frame is like a mixture of all 3 current total bmx frames with a decent rear end and stand over Idk what kind if bb height he prefers though.

|

3/28/2014 5:35 AM

iFLYBikes wrote:

marks frame has a 75ht angle and daniel does more front end stuff so it will probably have a 75.5ht angle. the killa bee has a 75.5ht angle too but a 7.6 stand over and a shoort ass back end. knowing daniel who rode a voltron for a while, this frame is like a mixture of all 3 current total bmx frames with a decent rear end and stand over Idk what kind if bb height he prefers though.

mark webbs has a 75.2 or .3 ht angle? so again, not a big difference

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

3/28/2014 7:41 AM

iFLYBikes wrote:

EddiMundo wrote:

mark webbs has a 75.2 or .3 ht angle? so again, not a big difference

my bad I was thinking about the v1, either way this one has a gusset, and just because it looks the same doesn't mean it is. a lot of specs tubing etc come into play, there was also talk of the production model being brake less, it doesn't drop till late fall 2014.

|

3/28/2014 8:00 AM

I dunno. Not as bad as cult with the same spec shit. Kinda like the total frames. Just rather buy a WiFi and save money.
If I had enough money I would ride a killa bee though.

|

HardBMX_Tim wrote: I welded a peg to my pedal so I could do pedal grinds. I would rather wear a teletubbies speedo than a shirt with the word "Bitches" on it, or even worse, "Swag".

3/28/2014 8:39 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

I'm pretty sure most riders that haven't been in the game for more than a couple years do the same thing to be honest. I didn't really look into geometry of a frame until I got my Failure in about 05. Before that it was MAYBE top tube length, and that was it. (Granted back then most frames were similar, and geometry/standover didn't change much)

I recall a bunch of times when I worked at a shop kids asking about a pro riders bike, but never what it would be good for, just if it was fast or light. Color was honestly the biggest factor in kids buying bikes and parts, and most of them wouldn't consider buying a few new parts to dial in their setup, they would dump their 300 into a complete which was a big downgrade, even if we explained that their setup would be stronger and lighter. The logic was often "A new bike is better than my bike with better parts" even if their current bike was 100% chromoly and had a lot of aftermarket stuff on it.

"Does it have a half link, I don't want it if it doesn't have a half link". I heard this countless times.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/28/2014 9:08 AM

also I tell people this all the time, it's a buisness. I don't care how down to earth by riders for riders "fuck the industry" a team is, which total isnt, it's a buisness. along with Alex coleborn, kyle baldock, and mark webb, kids love daniel sandoval. especially with his cheesy edits and more tech style. so total coming out with a frame with his name on it would make then a shit ton of cash. I bet there are people who own a perfectly good killa bee frame etc who will buy this when it drops. and if I managed a team id do the exact same thing.

|

3/28/2014 11:41 AM

I'm pretty sure it'll have a 75 HT and around a 13.6 CS

|

My Cult 2 Short

3/28/2014 12:42 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

I'm pretty sure most riders that haven't been in the game for more than a couple years do the same thing to be honest. I didn't really look into geometry of a frame until I got my Failure in about 05. Before that it was MAYBE top tube length, and that was it. (Granted back then most frames were similar, and geometry/standover didn't change much)

I recall a bunch of times when I worked at a shop kids asking about a pro riders bike, but never what it would be good for, just if it was fast or light. Color was honestly the biggest factor in kids buying bikes and parts, and most of them wouldn't consider buying a few new parts to dial in their setup, they would dump their 300 into a complete which was a big downgrade, even if we explained that their setup would be stronger and lighter. The logic was often "A new bike is better than my bike with better parts" even if their current bike was 100% chromoly and had a lot of aftermarket stuff on it.

"Does it have a half link, I don't want it if it doesn't have a half link". I heard this countless times.

I didnt know literally nothing about geo until i had been bmxing like 1.3 years.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER