Trail Frames

Related:
Create New Tag

12/2/2014 3:51 PM

Since all I ride is trails, I think it's time for a frame that suits me.
Credence c.c.r, Deluxe PA, Steadfast or the Trail Boss?

|

I ride to stay on two wheels and have fun!
BIKE CHECK

12/2/2014 3:54 PM

Steadfast or Trailboss. I love my Steadfast, really nice quality and super stiff.

|

12/2/2014 3:56 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Steadfast or Trailboss. I love my Steadfast, really nice quality and super stiff.

How long have you been riding it?

|

BIKE CHECK

12/2/2014 3:59 PM

MidWestBMX wrote:

6 months now. I just wish it had more sprocket clearance. My 30T is rubbing the stays and if I push it out anymore my chainline will be too far off for what I like. I don't get why they think a trails frame needs so much tire clearance. Pretty stupid of FBM in my opinion.

|

12/2/2014 4:06 PM

Kink Mudrunner

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/2/2014 4:06 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

MidWestBMX wrote:

Xxohioanxx wrote:

6 months now. I just wish it had more sprocket clearance. My 30T is rubbing the stays and if I push it out anymore my ...more

Probobly beceause they have to start following trends to stay in business. The were doing really bad for awhile I heard.

|

12/2/2014 4:07 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

MidWestBMX wrote:

Xxohioanxx wrote:

6 months now. I just wish it had more sprocket clearance. My 30T is rubbing the stays and if I push it out anymore my ...more

Definitely an issue, I pretty much want to run 33/10
I've kinda ruled out the deluxe because it doesn't have chainstay brake mounts, but their frames still look so good.
Trailboss is a bit pricey for me, but the ccr has a 3/8 dropout. Decisions decisions

|

BIKE CHECK

12/2/2014 4:11 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Kink Mudrunner

....? Why would you get a Kink frame over an FBM

|

Insta: @thenoahrolf
Refs: Hatebreeder, vinum
Bike Check

Wrong! Russia doesn't even have gays! America is 80% homosexual! - mantaymark

the word n****r actually means ignorant in its original definition it wasn't until the internet became popular and it was changed to mean black people - OneGuyIlluminatiEye

12/2/2014 4:12 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Kink Mudrunner

notorious NIG wrote:

....? Why would you get a Kink frame over an FBM

Price?

|

12/2/2014 4:13 PM

MidWestBMX wrote:

Xxohioanxx wrote:

MidWestBMX wrote:

I've kinda ruled out the deluxe because it doesn't have chainstay brake ...more

Gather a bit more cash and laird frame it.

|

12/2/2014 4:19 PM

MidWestBMX wrote:

I've kinda ruled out the deluxe because it doesn't have chainstay brake ...more

The CCR has massive sprocket clearance but I was far less than impressed with S&M's build quality on my Barcode and haven't heard many other good things about S&M recently.

|

12/2/2014 5:28 PM

CCR or Mutiny Villij! If I dont get Laird I'll be choosing one of those two

|

Smoke Drink Die

12/2/2014 9:17 PM

Villij has the highest BB of all the frames listed so far. Depends on the trails your jumping and your style but for me, lower BB is better.

Good luck finding a Steadfast, I think they're sold out everywhere.

The Ketch trail frame is made by Laird and is less money than the Laird frames ($420.00). Pretty much the same geo as a CCR.

Fit and United have trail frames coming out something this spring.

Mark Mullivlie (sp?) is a trail shredder and his frame is nice.(lowish BB, longer back end, nice stand over)

FBM Orphan has a 14 rear end, 11.5 BB. The HT angle is 74.75 though. (I think it be a sick trail frame.)

The PA model from Deluxe is welded by Solid, if that matters.

What are you currently riding?

|

12/3/2014 9:23 AM

I made a google doc and compared all the trail frames a couple months ago, I think I narrowed it down to CCR, Villij, and Steadfast as the best geo's. The Villij would of been a no brainer, but the low S.O.H. made it less desirable to me. I like long frames (14") but never tried a SOH under 9"

|

Smoke Drink Die

12/3/2014 6:18 PM

If you're serious about the steadfast there's one for sale on pinkbike I just saw

|

Smoke Drink Die

12/3/2014 6:53 PM

Would it be better to go with the Credence M.O.D instead of the C.C.R because it has a 14mm dropout instead of the 3/8?

|

BIKE CHECK

12/3/2014 6:54 PM

MidWestBMX wrote:

Would it be better to go with the Credence M.O.D instead of the C.C.R because it has a 14mm dropout instead of the 3/8?

No. Welded mounts and better geo makes the CCR so much better. What rear hub are you using now?

|

12/3/2014 7:01 PM

MidWestBMX wrote:

Xxohioanxx wrote:

No. Welded mounts and better geo makes the CCR so much better. What rear hub are you using now?

Well...
It's a stock 14mm saltplus hub from my wtp
Want to get the tree straight pull, but that's another few hundred, haha

|

BIKE CHECK