Trails are scary

Related:
Create New Tag

11/11/2019 4:29 AM

Just hit my first big dirt jumps yesterday. They werent really huge by any means but they were 6+ feet tall. I got butterflies for the first time like a roller coaster! I have no idea of how people just cruise through them, its pretty crazy.

|

I like riding my bike.

11/11/2019 6:38 AM

High speed big hits are so much fun , the butterflies feeling is the best feeling ever , g force really gets the adrenaline pumping

|

11/11/2019 6:51 AM

eskimojay wrote:

High speed big hits are so much fun , the butterflies feeling is the best feeling ever , g force really gets the adrenaline pumping

Its fun and scary at the same time. I have hit trails but not at this scale with big drops and jumps

|

I like riding my bike.

11/11/2019 8:42 AM

trails rule.

|

11/11/2019 7:34 PM

I've gotten into some trail riding and dirt jumping myself this year. It's definitely a different skill set from what you use on the street. The adrenaline rush is in fact great and hasn't worn off one bit for me as of yet. I'm also lucky enough to have a few tracks around and have run some local races here and there as well. Excellent fun.

|

11/11/2019 11:30 PM

Big time rush, that’s for sure. I rarely ride dirt or trails, but when I do, it’s a great time. Biggest I’ve gone is an 8 foot long table, and I doubt I’ll ever do it again lol.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @scootereyn // YouTube: RH MEDIA

11/13/2019 11:31 AM

I'm fortunate enough to live close to some famous trails in Florida the Santos trails in Ocala. Some of the jumps in the double section still freak me out after years of riding them. That said I mostly ride street and park.

|

I believe in hub guard protection

11/14/2019 9:34 AM

"I have no idea of how people just cruise through them, its pretty crazy."
becuase theyre easy as fuck
scary as fuck
and when you crash (hopefully not often) it fucking sucks

|

wallride a bus everyday

11/14/2019 10:23 AM

buttmeate wrote:

scary as fuck

^this

|

11/14/2019 11:11 AM

buttmeate wrote:

scary as fuck

You ain't kidding. I fall often, usually when I'm doing something silly and let the bike out from under me. Usually no big deal because I wear pads and a full face. A few weeks ago I was trying a double I had never cleared before and was so focused on the landing I actually let the bike get out from under me on the way up. Hit the top of the jump I planned to land on face and chest first, then landed on my back at the bottom. I swear it felt like I was in the air so long after the first bounce I had time to contemplate what was coming on the next hit before I finally landed. Surprisingly I was able to get up immediately, albeit slowly. I was lucky enough to get away with nothing worse than a few bruises and a sore wrist that took a couple weeks to subside. Not a terrible crash by any means, but it just caught me so off guard I was like, what the hell? How did I fuck up that bad on that little thing? I've been back to that spot, but I'm leaving the gaps alone until I get a little more practice. Lesson learned I guess.

|